Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA

Go down 
+5
Advicot
Roger
Pardofelis
Steve170
RtasVadumee
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 1:46 am

RtasVadumee: Applause Applause Applause
I can't agree more with each and every one of your words!
Plus, with solid argumentation and examples that demonstrates clearly that you said. I rarely pronounce about this subject but I also noticed often an exaggeration about Schleich cuteness.
It's true that I often choose other brands, but that's more because I want diversity of obscure species in my collection and Schleich is not a brand for species collectors, but mainly for more well known animals. I also looks for realism and that's why I choose often other brands over Schleich, but not for being "too cute", but, as you said, too stylized. I don't avoid Schleich at all and as my signature says a good amount of my collection are Schleich. In "my newest additions" thread I defended Schleich big cats :) Somebody said that the leopard is too cartoonish, but I disagree. I see it with a very realistic sculpt, otherwise I would not have bought it :)

P. D. sorry for the off-topic Sad

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 3:05 am

SUSANNE wrote:
spacelab wrote:
Roger wrote:
I can move it back to harbour seal page at the wiki but what I do with the pup?

This pup is a gray seal orphan raised by harbour seals.  As a matter of fact, the 2013 Schleich catalogue has a text next to this seal pup saying "the nursing station is full of orphan seal pups..."    Coincidence?  Twisted Evil tongue

lol! lol!

lol! lol!

Compassion help sales! Wink Well, you convinced me to move it back to the harbour seal page. Now, the orphaned pup is the only lanugo in that page. I added some notes also.

Last edited by Roger on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:11 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Somebody said that the leopard is too cartoonish, but I disagree. I see it with a very realistic sculpt, otherwise I would not have bought it :)

Well, I said that, actually I said only about the face..and I was referring to the painting and still see it that way. This current Schleich leopard has a very good sculpt and IMO the best fur pattern available (though you made it even a lot better). It was my second option, next to a good painted 2007 Schleich...  As I said, I have issues with all leopards available, because it's such a beautiful animal and I don't think any of the big brands succeed to expose that beauty.  Papo and Safari look ugly to me, Mojo looks too "simplified" and the Collecta is good enough but the fur pattern is way too unrealistic for me and I have no talent to repaint figures..
Anyway, different eyes /taste..
To sum up, I also agree with Ritas and you about an exaggerated criticism on Schleich models but then again I also can see that Schleich gives in many cases lately the rights to be criticized.. Though not more than Papo IMO..
The collectors who usually criticize Schleich here are the ones that have hundreds of its models in their shelves. So it's a love/hate relationship that I, as a newer member, find very amusing and educating.
I used to run a music forum much more crowded than this for almost 20 years, you can't imagine the similarities with STS in the way people arguing and expressing their opinions for such different matters. It's like a deja-vu but also shows me my mistakes. For example, I love the way Roger is sincerely expressing his arguments to "ban" some Schleich models, though I might disagree. It lights a spark for further conversation, that is soooo important for a forum.

Oh God, can I be more off-topic?? It's that orphan seal pup's fault again!! tongue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:30 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
The Komodo dragon is my favourite 2019 Schleich figure so I don't really agree with it being too cute, I think it is just fine.

I look forward to seeing the new CollectA one.

I do not think it is too cute either Shocked

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Here are some comparisons for the Sunbear and Schleich brownbear

Mojö vs Schleich 14685
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mojö vs Schleich 14686

Mother from the Schleich 42473 set

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
The Komodo dragon is my favourite 2019 Schleich figure so I don't really agree with it being too cute, I think it is just fine.

I look forward to seeing the new CollectA one.

I do not think it is too cute either Shocked

Yes but I do not think it is smiling or looks friendly neither.

Thank you for these comparison pics Dutch Bear !

The sun bear is clearly too large but I don't give a shit about that ! It's one of my favourite animals if not my favourite animal, I need it and I gonna order it as soon as I have a bit of money !
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:49 pm

I myself dont realy mind the sizedifferences.
My 700+ bears come in all shapes and sizes.
The smallest is 6x8 millimeter.
The largest walking bear is 26 centimeter long.
The largest standing bear is about 30 centimeter tall.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:55 pm

The Schleich Komodo looks and feels fantastic. Mine looks a little bit angry I would say if I have to describe a feeling..
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
I myself dont realy mind the sizedifferences.
My 700+ bears come in all shapes and sizes.
The smallest is 6x8 millimeter.
The largest walking bear is 26 centimeter long.
The largest standing bear is about 30 centimeter tall.

I really do but I'll make an exception.

By the way... WTF ! I go to ebay this morning and find out that my favourite CollectA provider in Great Britain now sells Mojo !

Until now, it only sold CollectA and Safari (and Schleich and Papo of course). Such a great news. It just decided to sell Mojos when I decided to buy them !

Furthermore, it has the African hunting dog, the sun bear, the emu and the gaur that I wanted to buy through my first order !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 3:15 pm

This is a quick-and-diryy pic, but here is the Schleich European badger next to the Mojo male honey badger:

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 6:25 pm

I see that the Brazilian tapir is tagged as "discontinued in 2020" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so the new colour is going to replace the old one ? How did you get that information ?

I also see that the tamandua is retired since 2018 Neutral Where could I get it then ? Do you have any online seller to recommend me ?
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 pm

The 2020 mojo catalogue is online now. The grey Brazilian Tapir is missing. But I don't think you'll be in a lot of trouble finding it..
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:57 pm

spacelab wrote:
The 2020 mojo catalogue is online now. The grey Brazilian Tapir is missing. But I don't think you'll be in a lot of trouble finding it..

The Mojo 2020 figures are, and have been for a month or so, available at MiniZoo in Australia.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 pm

I was talking about the 2020 official catalogue..
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
I also see that the tamandua is retired since 2018 Neutral Where could I get it then ? Do you have any online seller to recommend me ?

For somebody that is so picky about scale, even slightly more than me (and I'm a lot), I think that you will find the tamandua too big for acceptance... I excluded it from my future purchase list since years ago for that...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 am

It looked ok next to the armadillo scratch

I really would need a picture next to the giant anteater. Maybe Roger's is back from holidays ? Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Maybe this picture from Saarlooswolfhounds collection could help

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Yes, thanks spacelab !

But I still would like a picture with only the Schleich anteater and the tamandua Sad

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Here you are Very Happy

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks Susanne cheers

Yes, indeed, it's pretty big...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks for rescuing me, Susanne! Yes, my Schleich anteater is on holidays and he haven't told me when he will be back. Southern tamanduas are larger than nine-banded armadillos and I can't remember a single collector refusing the Schleich armadillo because it was too large. The tamandua is even 2g lighter than the armadillo and they use a pvc with a similar density. I think it follows Schleich rules where figures are not proportionally correct but the size hierarchy is respected.
It reminds me when people refused the Safari aardvark because of its size and everyone was regreting his decision when it was retired. No other major company made an aardvark yet, luckily Safari re-released it and gave a second chance to who lost the oportunity. pig

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Roger wrote:
It reminds me when people refused the Safari aardvark because of its size and everyone was regreting his decision when it was retired. No other major company made an aardvark yet, luckily Safari re-released it and gave a second chance to who lost the oportunity. pig

Yes !
And when it was re-launced, it made me feel like a fool to have gotten one sent from USA geek
Fortunately I succeeded to find some tiny differences as you see Here Laughing

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks for rescuing me, Susanne! Yes, my Schleich anteater is on holidays and he haven't told me when he will be back. Southern tamanduas are larger than nine-banded armadillos and I can't remember a single collector refusing the Schleich armadillo because it was too large. The tamandua is even 2g lighter than the armadillo and they use a pvc with a similar density. I think it follows Schleich rules where figures are not proportionally correct but the size hierarchy is respected.

Roger, we both know that I am going to get it anyway, I'm just procrastinating tongue

I think you make a point when you mention "size hierarchy" : after all, that's what matters and I don't think a Schleich tamandua would be smaller.

Moreover, Pardofelis, you consider the tamandua to be too large to be part of your collection but at the same time, you have the Diana monkey and the sun bear which are clearly borderline scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 5:41 pm

[quote="RtasVadumee"]
Roger wrote:
Roger, we both know that I am going to get it anyway, I'm just procrastinating tongue

I think you make a point when you mention "size hierarchy" : after all, that's what matters and I don't think a Schleich tamandua would be smaller.

I don't intend to put you under pressure but please get it as soon as possible or you will loose the chance forever and you will never find another tamandua for your collection! Evil or Very Mad
Just kidding. tongue

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes !
And when it was re-launced, it made me feel like a fool to have gotten one sent from USA geek
Fortunately I succeeded to find some tiny differences as you see Here Laughing

Yes, I remember you mentioning it on forum and it is good it is reflected at the Toy Animal Wiki. You are the master of the variations. queen

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Roger wrote:
I don't intend to put you under pressure but please get it as soon as possible or you will loose the chance forever and you will never find another tamandua for your collection! Evil or Very Mad
Just kidding. tongue

Since it is retired, it is already very difficult to find in Europe.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next