Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou

Go down 
+4
Saien
Saarlooswolfhound
FlaffyRaptors
Kikimalou
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:00 pm

I'd promised to do a walkaround of the Mojo Giant anteater but the course of life and discussion on STS led me to a more general comparison topic.
For the CollectA there's a walkaround by Joliezac [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and for the MOJO there's a review on ATB HERE.  Wink

So I'm proposing a meeting between four models, the Safari Ltd, the Papo, the Mojo and finally the CollectA.

Let's start with the oldest and biggest: The Safari 282429 Anteater With Baby.
Produced from 2006 to 2011, it had been unrivaled since 2007 and the discontinuation of the Schleich 14313.
Scale for an animal between 182 to 217 cm in total length: 1/11.3 to 1/13.6.
This model is the only one to represent a mother and her baby in this topic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Second, here's the Papo 50152. Produced from 2013 to 2018, it too has no rivals. Papo brought it back onto the market in 2023. The model shown is from the first batch in 2013. As with Papo’s tapir, the belly is slightly shortened…
Scale for an animal between 182 to 217 cm in total length: 1/14 to 1/16.7

And now the Mojo, introduced in 2023, which will have to share the field with the Papo that year.
Scale for an animal between 182 to 217 cm in total length: 1/12 to 1/14.5

And last but not least, CollectA's latest offering this year.
Scale for an animal between 182 to 217 cm in total length: 1/13.4 to 1/16.

I might as well tell you straight away that I have a clear preference... for the four...  Laughing

Let's talk about the proportions and details of the head.
The animal is supposed to have a head of around 30cm.
As I've already said, for a 1/15 Giant anteater, the CollectA's head is around 30cm, which is the standart of the species. It's the same for the Mojo which, at 1/12 has the smallest head with 27,8cm. Papo (1/15) and Safari Ltd (1/12) have a bit too long head at 35cm for Papo and 36cm for Safari Ltd.
They all have well-defined ears and eyes, although Mojo's eyes are a little too big.

Safari Ltd, she is the only one with a visible tongue, nice detail but a bit weird in that pose

Papo

Mojo

And CollectA, the only one with his head up

The tail now, all different but all credible, all you have to do is googling a bit.

Safari Ltd

Papo

Mojo

CollectA

And the front legs now, the pose is natural on all four models. As for the claws, they are best defined on the CollectA, followed by the Mojo and then the Papo. Those of the safari Ltd come last, but let's not forget that this model was created 7 years before Papo and 18 years before CollectA.

Safari Ltd

Papo

Mojo

CollectA

Finally, a photo of the two models at 1/12 scale

at 1/15 scale

and the family photo
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:12 pm

Thank you for the wonderful comparisons! My favourite one is the CollectA version. Will try to pick one up on my next extant order.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:18 pm

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
Thank you for the wonderful comparisons! My favourite one is the CollectA version. Will try to pick one up on my next extant order.

Very happy to have helped you cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:27 pm

Wonderful comparison Kiki, thank you for arranging this meeting!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Thank you for that great walkaround, comparison and explaining! cheers I only have an anteater from Papo and I am planning another one. All these models are amazing, but I think I will prefer the Collecta´s.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 1:51 pm

Thank you so much for this comparison topic.

Can someone enlighten me on the colour of fur?
What's the difference between a brown anteater and a grey anteater?
Or is the grey one just standing in the shadow and the brown one in the sun? Razz

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 4:08 pm

Thank you Paige, Andrea and Simone. Very Happy

Simone, the difference between a brown anteater and a grey anteater is the colour, one is grey and not the other. Laughing

Different anteater patterns
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 5:05 pm

Certainly I love tis topic and I made a little experience using your profile pictures. I asked one of my Artifitial Intelligence tools to tell me which one is the most realistic. The boring tool gave 70% to every model but one. Yes, the Safari figure got 75%.
So, I decided to ask AI opinion abut this anteater Harriet sculpted for me and it also gave 75%. I also tested the new Schleich model and again 70%. Not trusting on it, I decided to ask the Clairet figure and interestingly it gave 60% mentioning the realism was inferior to all other models. As a last experience, I decided to ask using a picture of a real giant anteater and he told me. This one gets 100% because it is a real one. Laughing These tools kill me. affraid It's so fun I will try a more advanced AI tool next time.
At one point I have to agree, we all have our preferences but most of these models have a similar quality. They're all relatively realistic and sometimes it is just a question of personal preference. I don't have yet the Mojö Fun and the CollectA but I love both models and they are incredibly different.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 10:38 pm

Beautiful walkaround and comparisons as always! I think this is actually the first in hand photo I've seen of the Mojo anteater. I never got it and it flew under my radar Laughing A very nice model. I still don't think I'll get it as I have the other major brand anteaters but it is beautiful nonetheless.

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 12:39 pm

Nice game Rogério, it would be fun to use several real anteaters pics to see it it is always 100%. It would be fun too to use the Safari Ltd pic minus the tongue to see what happen. Could you also use your Ai with the heads alone pics and, why not, with the front views ?
I agree, choosing among these four models is mostly a matter of personal taste. As far as I'm concerned, I'm unable to choose Laughing

Thank you for the Mojo Jolie, I'm sure it appreciate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 1:25 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice game Rogério, it would be fun to use several real anteaters pics to see it it is always 100%. It would be fun too to use the Safari Ltd pic minus the tongue to see what happen. Could you also use your Ai with the heads alone pics and, why not, with the front views ?
I agree, choosing among these four models is mostly a matter of personal taste. As far as I'm concerned, I'm unable to choose  Laughing

Thank you for the Mojo Jolie, I'm sure it appreciate it  Very Happy

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I'm actually using a sort of engeniering bettween many features and I don't even know which AI tool is being used but I made the same job with the Gemini and the results were very confuse although it also favored the Safari model. The tongue is really mentioned as a bonus detail. I will try chatgpto4 later but I tried the same tool with the front views and head closeups and the results are more interesting.

Front views:
- Mojö Fun 70%
- Papo 80%
- CollectA 85%
- Safari Ltd 90%

Head closeups:
- Mojö Fun 75%
- CollectA 85%
- Papo 85%
- Safari Ltd 90%

My AI didn't like that much the coloration of the Mojö model, at least in the front view pic. It also mentions the Mojo model lacks some definition when compared with the others. I also have to say that the front view of the Safari model is an especially beautiful picture, so it is not a good angle when comparing to the CollectA model which is in a less usual pose.
Since you are good manipulating image, could you put a picture of the Safari anteater, without the tongue and also a picture of a real anteater without the background?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 1:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
I agree, choosing among these four models is mostly a matter of personal taste. As far as I'm concerned, I'm unable to choose  Laughing

Thank you for the Mojo Jolie, I'm sure it appreciate it  Very Happy

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I'm actually using a sort of engeniering bettween many features and I don't even know which AI tool is being used but I made the same job with the Gemini and the results were very confuse although it also favored the Safari model. The tongue is really mentioned as a bonus detail. I will try chatgpto4 later but I tried the same tool with the front views and head closeups and the results are more interesting.

Front views:
- Mojö Fun 70%
- Papo 80%
- CollectA 85%
- Safari Ltd 90%

Head closeups:
- Mojö Fun 75%
- CollectA 85%
- Papo 85%
- Safari Ltd 90%

My AI didn't like that much the coloration of the Mojö model, at least in the front view pic. It also mentions the Mojo model lacks some definition when compared with the others. I also have to say that the front view of the Safari model is an especially beautiful picture, so it is not a good angle when comparing to the CollectA model which is in a less usual pose.

OK, finally I used a few online pictures of real animals with white background and it gives 95% to most of them. Apparently it can't tell that they are real animals if the background is removed but at least it mentions they are extremely realistic and puts them close to 100%.[/quote]

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 4:14 pm

Now I used Chatgpt4O which is a very powerful AI tool and scrutinizes the picture without any visual "noise" contrarily to my other AI tool.
I used the pictures of the right flank of each model and the results are completely different:
Safari Ltd 75%
Papo 85%
CollectA 95%
Mojö Fun 97% Shocked
Look what it wrote about the Mojö model.

"The (Mojö Fun) figure is the most realistic among all the figures provided,
Positives: Accurate snout and body proportions, well-defined stripe, realistic fur texture, long bushy tail. The legs and claws are well-detailed.
Negatives: None significant."

The problem of ChatGPT is that it still has some lack of consistency. It does not give always the same result although the differences are subtle. It also failed in few tests I made. Namely when I gave it the same image twice and it was not able to tell.
A pity I use the free version and I have a lot of limitations when using visual content.
I also need to learn how to teach the tool to judge the figure including more criteria.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 4:45 pm

I'm sorry I will move tomorrow to Brittany and I only come back at the end of the month so I won't be able to make the pics you asked for before August.

It's interesting to see that two AIs disagree, it's a bit reassuring I think.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 12:20 am

study study

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 4:11 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm sorry I will move tomorrow to Brittany and I only come back at the end of the month so I won't be able to make the pics you asked for before August.

It's interesting to see that two AIs disagree, it's a bit reassuring I think.

Correct, actually AI tools are not all alike and that's the reason why I love testing them. I will also not make my choices based on AI opinions. Laughing Though, it's very interesting to see how consistent is the original tool I used which I will call My AI. I tried it with weird representations of giant anteaters like the Pech Hermanos and it gave only 40% of realism. If it gives 40 to 50 to these stylized figures, results from 70 to 95 to the major brand models and 95 to 100 to real animals, something is working on it. At least it is not a random thing.
Have a good time in Britany! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou   Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Giant anteaters, Safari Ltd, Papo, Mojo and CollectA meetins by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1