Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA

Go down 
+6
Roger
Ana
scot(t)
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA Empty
PostSubject: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

At last the COLLECTA lynx is at home, since Numaan already shared pics of that models, since there is already pics of the MOJÖ lynx and since I already made a walkaround about The SAFARI Ltd bobcat, I guess it is time to ask them to dance together.  Laughing

The smaller PAPO is not invited at the bal and the SCHLEICH is still not invited on my shelves...

So here are some pics of teh COLLECTA Eurasian lynx, the SAFARI Ltd Bobcat and the MOJÖ FUN Iberian lynx  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 pm

What a fabulous trio cat cat cat cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Indeed impatient Susanne cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Indeed impatient Susanne cheers Laughing

Embarassed Embarassed geek Laughing Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 pm

A phantastic meeting !! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:39 am

Really nice set of comparison photos Christophe! Thank you for posting this!

I like all three. I recently got the CollectA as well and while I do like it, I think I prefer both the Mojo and the Safari. The CollectA's face is somehow not quite right. I've always liked the Safari Bobcat a lot, and the new Mojo is a solid Lynx. I don't know which I'd take with me on a desert island if I could only take one of them.

(I'm so glad you excluded the Papo, although it might have been nice to see some good pictures of it. I don't have the Papo, but it looks so odd to me in all the pictures I've seen... I can't bring myself to get it.)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:10 am

Thank you Susanne and Andreas Very Happy

scot(t) wrote:
Really nice set of comparison photos Christophe! Thank you for posting this!

I like all three. I recently got the CollectA as well and while I do like it, I think I prefer both the Mojo and the Safari. The CollectA's face is somehow not quite right. I've always liked the Safari Bobcat a lot, and the new Mojo is a solid Lynx. I don't know which I'd take with me on a desert island if I could only take one of them.

(I'm so glad you excluded the Papo, although it might have been nice to see some good pictures of it. I don't have the Papo, but it looks so odd to me in all the pictures I've seen... I can't bring myself to get it.)

I like them too Scott Wink

The CollectA is a really nice model with a nice finish but there is something odd in the face I can't explain.

The SAFARI Ltd bobcat is a poorly painted wonderful model, I think I will repaint it one day.

The MOJÖ Fun is more sober but IMHO it is the most realistic.

I exclude the PAPO because I didn't want to make a topic about "what do you think of the PAPO lynx ?", only talking about the other ones. Actually I like the PAPO, it is the smallest, the oldest, not the best PAPO big cat but it has something of a real lynx for me, maybe I will make a topic about it Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:13 am

Absolutely I love you I love you I love you all 3!!! Only missing the CollectA now, but it wouldn't be long when it comes to my collection, I hope. The head of this fellow is so wonderful, for me he looks like is hearing something from behind and is thinking that is probably bad news for him. I feel like there is some fear in his eyes. cat I really love it. Alerted cat's face, finally some other emotions than aggression on the wild cat's figure Very Happy However pose of this cat with the head turned that much is quite risky and I'm not sure if the neck in this case is sculpted in correct way or not, seems little bit not natural. scratch

Bobcat by Safari has funny nose but I like it very much anyway.

And Mojo is great, I love the specie and pose an face. Five stars Wink cheers cheers sunny

I wait for a moment when Canadian lynx by any brand will appear (maybe Papo?) bounce

And I adore this perfect walkaround Kiki, big hooray for our crazy macaque cheers cheers cheers monkey

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Great topic and pictures, Christophe! cheers
Is not easy to compare 3 different species and it is indeed the most relevant fact of this trio. An Eurasian lynx, an Iberian lynx and a bobcat. It is funny to collect when diversity is available. Very Happy
Anyway, the big responsability here is with the CollectA figure, Mojo and Safari presented first interpretations of these species and CollectA has other rivals to be compared. cat
I like that the brand has choosen its way and this lynx doesn't remember Schleich, Papo or Bullyland lynxes in any aspect. Interesting work with the tufts but what I don't really enjoy is the same that we see in striped hyena, the body is very short, proportions between front and back legs are wrong and those are important points for me. If they wanted to make such a compact body they needed to make the back somewaht curved and not dropped back. I know back legs are spread but it doesn't justify such a droping body. As you know I love the pragmatism of the proportions of Mojo figure, small head, long back legs, fantastic pose, it only deserved a richer painting. Not that it is bad at all for a small figure but not as good as sculpting.
The Safari bobcat has a style of painting that gives a not natural looking to the animal but is rich in markings. Not all of them are correct but the brand studied a way to respect them. Face and dorsal painting shows it. The sculpt is only a little for the childish side but good enough. cat cat cat It is time for a Canada lynx, I agree! Very Happy

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 pm

lemur-face-Collecta meets piggy the safari Bobcat and the iberian Dalmatian just walks on by. I rellay look forward to repaint the Iberian Lynx, at least when it will be available here one day,....

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 pm

PeGe wrote:
lemur-face-Collecta meets piggy the safari Bobcat and the iberian Dalmatian just walks on by. I rellay look forward to repaint the Iberian Lynx, at least when it will be available here one day,....

Laughing Laughing Laughing PAPO rules then cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:53 pm

My favourite for it's pose is the Mojo one, my favourite for it's painting it the Collecta one - great comparison pics Christophe cheers cat

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Thank you Harriet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Mojo lynx is the best, to my mind.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Mojo lynx is the best, to my mind.

Very good taste Kyrill !
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 pm

PeGe wrote:

...Yeah... There is absent a perfect Lynx on the market ... Sad But for present I prefer CollectA... scratch Mojo model is good but it has too long body and very poor painting and texture of skin. tongue

PS BTW Christophe your new idea "show in compare" is excelent for our collectors community! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I want more! Laughing Laughing

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 pm

...And one more from Schleich and Nayab... :)

Last edited by Sergey on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 pm

scratch I must think about the NAYAB. More pics ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
scratch I must think about the NAYAB. More pics ? Very Happy

...It,s not mine Kiki... Maybe PeGe? scratch scratch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Sergey wrote:
PeGe wrote:

...Yeah... There is absent a perfect Lynx on the market ... Sad But for present I prefer CollectA... scratch Mojo model is good but it has too long body and very poor painting and texture of skin. tongue

Laughing Laughing

I.m not agree, my friend! lol!
Is it the Mojo that has a long body or the CollectA that has a short body? Remember that they are in very different poses. Very Happy
About texture I also don't agree. All Mojo figures are very nicely textured, maybe you are thinking in Schleich lynx? scratch
Poor painting? I agree, not as brilliant as the sculpting, this lynx lesson needed a beeter coat painting.
The composition I'm showing below is not perfect and the Iberian lynx is unusually dark but good enough to show about how long should be the body and legs.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 pm

I remember something about bears.. Laughing Laughing I agree with you Rogério Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Sergey wrote:
PeGe wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Is it the Mojo that has a long body or the CollectA that has a short body? Remember that they are in very different poses. Very Happy
About texture I also don't agree. All Mojo figures are very nicely textured, maybe you are thinking in Schleich lynx? scratch
Poor painting? I agree, not as brilliant as the sculpting, this lynx lesson needed a beeter coat painting.
The composition I'm showing below is not perfect and the Iberian lynx is unusually dark but good enough to show about how long should be the body and legs.

...Well! I respect your opinion Rogerio! cat

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Sergey wrote:

And you have a very respectable opinion Sergey Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Sergey wrote:
Roger wrote:
Sergey wrote:
PeGe wrote:

Laughing Laughing

cheers Thanks Sergey. I know you respect my opinion as well I respect yours! About it there is no doubts. Very Happy
I was only trying to help my friend Sergey seeing how nice is Mojo lynx as well as you helped me seeing that CollectA brown bear is much better than I thought on first time I watched it. Very Happy
I hope Philipp repaint it and you will see for sure how magnificent is that figure! cheers Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA   The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA Empty

Back to top Go down

The lynx meeting : SAFARI Ltd, MOJÖ and COLLECTA
Page 1 of 1