Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison

Go down 
+5
Pardofelis
Caracal
Roger
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison Empty
PostSubject: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi,

I am creating this topic to compare Southland Replicas figures with others from the 5 major brands since I noticed it had not been done before.

I don't own any Southland Replicas figure yet so I will let you show me what you have as a profiteer Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Great idea cheers

I'll take a couple as soon as I have time Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 1:33 pm

It is fair that we open this topic. I was thinking in it for a while.
It is important to notice that Southlands Replicas is one of the rare brands that work effectively at a certain scale. Figures are in 1:15 scale as always as possible.
There isn't such thing like they are too small or too large, they work together much better than any other major company.
I've found these pictures browsing the forum but I also can add a few more once I have almost the whole collection.
Though, it is wonderful that Susanne is contributing once my pictures are painful and don't give justice to these brilliant figures.

Here a group shot by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Grey kangaroo: Schleich (red), Southlands and Bullyland (red) by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tasmanian devil: Southlands and CollectA by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thylacine: Southlands, Mojö Fun, CollectA and Joan's homemade by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Roger on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 1:50 pm

Great, Roger cheers

I just made a couple more of my beloved thylacine Wink

Lot of singing here, eh ? Crocodile

PS : It could be fun, if we all could agree on a couple of models that we all have  Laughing

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Thanks for these first bunches Roger and Susanne.

I have already seen the Emu next to Mojo one but I also would like to see it next to an ostrich or cassowary if you have them.

I also would like to see pics with the echidna, the wombat, the quoll, the possum, the tree kangaroo (if possible next to the other species from Safari) and the dingo which, as you may expect, I am most interested in.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Dingo, - perhaps somebody can make better pictures ?
The light is almost non-existing here on such a rainy day  Laughing

But aren't they cute ?  I love you
The wolf wants to go Hoooooooome !

From left : Safari, S&N large, Southland, S&N small, Safari TOOB, and a Schleich wolf just for comparison Wink

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you for these useful pictures! :)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Haha, thanks Susanne !

As far as the dingo is concerned, it will be Southland for me !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 3:03 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Haha, thanks Susanne !

As far as the dingo is concerned, it will be Southland for me !

Yes ! I think he is ever so wonderful Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Here are some more comparison pictures.
Don't use them to judge the quality of the Southlands figures, there are a few great walk arounds on forum. They're just to check their sizes.
I will take a few more pictures later.

Southlands and Safari Ltd Southern hairy-nosed wombats

Schleich Quokka, Southlands Lumholz's tree kangaroo and Safari Ltd Red-necked wallaby
I don't have yet the Safari tree-kangaroo. Sad

Papo, Southlands and Schleich Koalas, the Southlands is a Northern koala female

Last edited by Roger on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Roger wrote:
Figures are in 1:15 scale as always as possible.

Oh! Really?????
I always tought that the red kangaroo is at bigger scale than the grey kangaroo, since it's bigger. Maybe I'm confused by the scientific name (giganteus)? Are really grey kangaroos smaller than red kangaroos?

Of course that many of the figures discussed here belongs to my future purchase list since years ago, namely the dingo, tree kangaroo, quoll and much more recently (this same year) I've added the koala. While the platypus is already in my shelves since little time ago, and the echidna since long time ago :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Well, I read on Wikipedia that Matschie's tree-kangaroo are longer and a bit heavier than Lumholz's. And it seems to me that Safari Matschie's is just the same height as the wallaby (5 cm). Thus, the two tree kangaroo may be in proportion with one another.

I don't know if I prefer the Southland or the Safari wombat. When I look at some pictures of real hairy-nosed wombats, it seems to me that the Southland is more realistic, but on other pictures, the Safari looks more accurate...

The koala is really cute and fits very well with Schleich's. I may order a second wife for my Schleich male (I already have the one with joey).

Pardofelis wrote:
While the platypus is already in my shelves since little time ago, and the echidna since long time ago :)

Don't hesitate to add pictures to this topic ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 4:07 pm

Here are three tree kangaroo species by PNSO, Safari, Southlands Replicas:

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Well, that's acceptable.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Gosh ! That PNSO-kangaroo is so beautyful drunken

But ...the paintwork, that Safari granted their beautyful model does certainly not do it justice Crying or Very sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Now monotremes! These two are in 1:12 scale or they would result too small but they work nicely with all other Southlands figures.
Schleich never made a monotreme and there is no echidna among all other major comapnies so I am using a rodent. Wink

Papo and Southlands platypuses

Southlands short-beaked echidna and Schleich Indian crested porcupine

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Beautyful pictures !!!
That is the best photo I have ever seen of that lovely  echidna, and the porcy too !!!!!! Applause Applause

Roger, you certainly are a super-photographer cheers

Do I understand it right...a paorcupine and an echidna, isn't that covergent evolution ? study

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Wow, that echidna is so well made despite being so small : that is certainly a meticulous job and a must have !

I really love my Papo platypus, I don't think I would be able to replace it. I have never seen a platypus in real (there may not even be any out of Australia) and I did not know it was so tiny.

Would it be possible to see the echidna next to a marsupial ? Or a Schleich hedgehog ?

SUSANNE wrote:
Gosh ! That PNSO-kangaroo is so beautyful drunken

But ...the paintwork, that Safari granted their beautyful model does certainly not do it justice :Crying:

I don't find the paintwork so bad on Safari tree-kangaroo, it's even pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Would it be possible to see the echidna next to a marsupial ? Or a Schleich hedgehog ?

I know that the quokka is a bit oversized, but I can accept it. It's not soooo exaggeratedly oversized as the Papo platypus Wink

P. S. I think Susanne is talking about the PNSO's tree kangaroo paintjob, not the Safari's. She mean that the Safari one is so good that the PNSO's doesn't make it justice..

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
I know that the quokka is a bit oversized, but I can accept it. It's not soooo exaggeratedly oversized as the Papo platypus :Wink:

The quokka's oversizing is most shocking next to Safari wallaby.

Pardofelis wrote:
P. S. I think Susanne is talking about the PNSO's tree kangaroo paintjob, not the Safari's. She mean that the Safari one is so good that the PNSO's doesn't make it justice..

Then, I agree with that.

Anyway, that echidna is marvellous, I definitely need it.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 4:42 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:

Would it be possible to see the echidna next to a marsupial ? Or a Schleich hedgehog ?......

Very Happy

Rather too big, aren't they ? scratch

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Hm, one of the three pups separated from the common base could work as an adult European hedgehog. But I prefair to wait for the 2020 Safari LTD Good Luck Minis hedgehog that will be of adequate size for a four-toed.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 11:42 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Hm, one of the three pups separated from the common base could work as an adult European hedgehog. But I prefair to wait for the 2020 Safari LTD Good Luck Minis hedgehog that will be of adequate size for a four-toed.

The 2014 Schleich hedgehog is roughly the same size as those pups [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 1:18 am

Well, now that I was invited to celebrate some weddings. Here goes a weird picture comparing the Papo female red kangaroo with the macho by Southlands! They are not so imcompatible as it looks when they are conventionally displayed.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 7:51 am

Respect for the mothers affraid
Wonderful  cheers cheers

Perfect picture on International Women's day  queen  queen  queen  queen  Laughing

You are right ! Those male kangoos really are huge  Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison   Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Southland Replicas and the major brands size comparison
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next