Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Marolins still for sale

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

New Marolins still for sale Empty
PostSubject: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 12:50 pm

I was quite surprised and happy to discover that Marolin (formerly Veb Plaho) still sells some of their zoo animals:
https://www.marolin.de/en/shop/toy-worlds/toy-figures/

I bought all three sets. Set 1:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Set 2:

Set 3:

Here are some of my favourites:

It’s amazing that Marolin survived the deprivitisation during the DDR years and the subsequent reunification of Germany, whereas the Western contemporary companies like Hausser Elastolin and Starlux have ceased to exist and a company like Britains has been bought up by other brands. How wonderful it would be if we could still buy those vintage brands (we’d feel so much younger).
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 2:50 pm

WOW  !!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

We really, really need pictures of those for TAI https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Marolin_%E2%80%9DPlaho-Tiere%E2%80%9D_variations_after_1990,_Wild_animals bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We have almost all the old VEB Plaho models, but the models made after Marolin got their name back, we only have very few bounce

If you are willing to take some picture, I would be ever so happy, - I have a very soft spot for Marolin Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 3:38 pm

These are lovely models-I managed to get a lot of them in the mid 90s.I didn't realise they made a fur seal and he looks great so will have to add him to my wishlist.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 5:02 pm

That's a very interesting information. So we can have a vintage touch in our collections buying brand new figures. Wink
I really am impressed with the work you are performing on TAW, namely trying to work some vintage sections that are really hard to get correctly once the usual collector of these figures have a distinct method of collecting from what we can see these days with major companies. Seeing your contributions to the wiki, is also a motivation for my editing work. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 2:50 am

BTW : The turtle, I have been told, is very rare and much sought after by fans of these models cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 2:57 am

How great that you brought forward my old love : Marolin  cheers

The fur seal rang a bell, and , yes !!! Years ago I forgot to take pictures of my Marolin sea lion and fur seal  Embarassed
Here they are together - VEB Plaho left, Marolin right :

As you can see, my Marolin fur seal is much played with, so a picture of yours would be a lot better sunny

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:57 am

Thank you Susanne,definitely will add to my list. Smile

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 12:41 pm

All the memories in my head :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Great to see that people are still fond of Marolin. I am planning to add photos of all my animals that aren’t on TAW yet, Susanne, but it will take me some time. This collector’s hobby is beginning to overwhelm me. Cataloguing, taking photos, contributing to TAW and STS, measuring the figures, looking up size information on the web …

SUSANNE wrote:
BTW : The turtle, I have been told, is very rare and much sought after by fans of these models

Hmm, this is probably my least favourite. Far too large and the sculpt looks a bit primitive.

It’s useful to see the Veb Plaho and Marolin versions next to each other. Often hard to see the difference unless they are in the same photo due to differences in lighting and camera settings.

Roger wrote:
So we can have a vintage touch in our collections buying brand new figures.

Exactly what I thought, it’s like buying history. If you are a Veb Plaho aficionado, you’d probably want the older models, but I prefer the newer ones, because they are often slightly better painted and it can be hard to find the older ones in a good condition. And thanks for praising my contributions to TAW, but they are very minor compared to the efforts that you, Susanne, Christophe and others have put into it over the years.

widukind wrote:
All the memories in my head :)

Yes, I imagine you played a lot with them in your youth. It's good that the Marolin animals are still alive and well today!

If you like Marolin/Veb Plaho or are a contributor to TAW, it would be useful if you let us know what you think here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t20783p50-corrections-for-toy-animal-wiki
And it's OK if you don't agree with me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Very Happy Thanks a lot Roger for that wonderful new!! I already have most of them but I miss the elephant, the dromedary, the male baboon (or hamadryas?) this lion (mine is different) and the seal!..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 5:28 am

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy....... I already have most of them but I miss this lion (mine is different) .......

Yes, there are three male lions : Standing, walking and lying down cat cat cat

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 7:36 am

OK thank you Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 11:47 am

That's right, Susanne. I am hoping to find the lion that Caracal has, as it is no longer sold new.

PostSubject: Re: New Marolins still for sale   New Marolins still for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

New Marolins still for sale
Page 1 of 1