Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preiser Lioness

Go down 
+2
Roger
Shanti
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 8:16 pm

I was checking my collection of older figurines and re-discovered this pretty lioness of Preiser. Not sure which year she came out but this one must be at least 35 years old. After all these years her paint job suffered but still she shows some pride.
I will try and give her a new coat, my first ever repaint of a big cat. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 pm

That is a very beautiful piece and a wonderful picture!

Shanti

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Thank you Roger! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Beautyful, old lady ! She looks really regal, - queen of the savannah isn't she ? queen cheers
I can't wait to see how she will look when you have given her a new royal coat, - if anybody can make her look even greater, it is you Wink

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 10:36 pm

It's a great lioness. Are you sure you want to repaint it? It looks so nice in her original colours. I don't think it has lost much paint, this is how they were originally made.

widukind

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 11:33 pm

Nice lioness

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 7:22 am

omg... a trip to memory lane! I'm sure I had this lioness when I was a little kid, around 1976 - 1977, so this must be older..
So nice to see her again!
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:12 am

Thank you friends!! Very Happy I really need to check my collection for other old/vintage beauties! Very Happy

@rogerpvg: You are right, her paint job isn't that bad after all. But her other side looks worse with deep scratches/damages. So sadly I need to heal her.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:56 am

Nice, but Preiser is not a vintage brand :)

here the actually catalogue

https://www.preiserfiguren.de/showpage.php?Katalogdownload&SiteID=128

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 11:02 am

Mine should be the Hausser Elastolin. it's actually the same : https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Hausser_Elastolin_54mm_Lioness
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 11:05 am

Oh sorry, didn't know! If this thread is in the wrong place maybe one of the admins could move it please? I thought "vintage" meant "old" and this figurine is quite old...
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 11:07 am

@spaclab: Maybe my Lioness is the Hausser variety too. I was searching the Internet yesterday which brand the Lioness could be and just found Preiser.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 3:43 pm

If the lioness is injured on the other side, then it makes sense to help her recover.

I think Hausser Elastolin made this lioness as part of both their 54 and 70 mm. Preiser then continued to produce the 70 mm figures, but I didn't realise they still produce them. Thanks for pointing that out, Andreas. If your lioness has a shoulder height of about 3.3 cm, then it's a 54 mm Hausser Elastolin. If it is larger than that, it may be either Hausser Elastolin or Preiser. The paint style may tell you, but I don't know enough about it.

Shanti

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Wow, your knowledge of all these details is awesome! I measured my lioness, she is about 3,3cm high so she could be a Hausser. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Great, that means it is vintage! If I remember correctly, Hausser Elastolin went bankrupt in 1983.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Preiser is hardplastic, i think Hausser Elastolin not :)

But i am not sure for the late figures by Hausser Elastolin

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 7:57 pm

54 mm Hausser Elastolins are definitely soft plastic (I have them). Kikimalou once told me that 70 mm are hard plastic, but I don't have any.

Preiser Lioness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preiser Lioness   Preiser Lioness Empty

Back to top Go down

Preiser Lioness
Page 1 of 1