Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pipsxlch's Finds

Go down 
+17
sunny
George
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Tiermann
halichoeres
landrover
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
widukind
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 am

Hmm, I think this is just a toob figure, it's too small to be a Wild Safari I think. Too bad. If the seller isn't too pricey maybe I'll try to pick the snakes up anyhow.

I did get some old Safari dinos from him. This Carnegie deinonychus set looks old, there's a price tag from the original seller (place I got the Geoworld sets at hah) on it, cheap enough to say how old it must be. The 'Bernie" alligator logo has changed even!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also got a small mixed dino bag from him. The bigger pteranodon is a chinasaur, two Chap Meis, and the baby Safaris are from the mid-late 90s- I already have them from my daughter's childhood.

And the reason I bought the bag- these little Safaris look old, but are undated. I like them anyhow.
They have that heavier paint, like ones I've seen from about 30 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:16 am

Such cool dinosaurs! Big congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 11:48 am

Nice collection of Dinos!!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 1:27 am

I had good luck at a flea market yesterday, found some things that make me quite happy. And some more trade bait lol. Plus a figure I'd ordered off eBay came in, and a really great gift.

Really like this unidentified billfish. It shall join my Safari sailfish.

Some Permian/Triassic figures for my small collection of super early life.
A mixture of figures from a recent Safari order and flea market specials. All keepers.

There was a whole box of polar bears at the flea market. All will be for trade/sale.

More of the flea market finds, all for trade/sale except the Chap Mei spotted ray.

There was a whole box of bugs, here are the less interesting figures. Will probably trade/sell.

Here are the more interesting bugs. Most are Safaris, from 1995. Two of the caterpillars are Chinamals, two are unknown maker but identified by species. Maybe Club Earth? The pony, gator and the Artic hare are Safaris, the tiny macaw is unknown as are the vintage looking figures. Unsure whether I'll keep or trade/sell most of these.

I know most here don't care for fantasy figures, but this Safari 'Earth Dragon' is lovely. A keeper.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 am

Nice catches

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 4:47 pm

The earth dragon has very nice combination of colors.

Crocodile Crocodile

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Some great finds Kelly

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Great finds-love the early prehistoric life! Applause Applause Wish we had thrift shops like yours here in the UK!!

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am

Yeah definitely, I might just take more trips to charity shops and car boot sales when things get back to normal

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 am

Oh, you should, Adam! You never know what (if anything) you'll find, and the hunt is the fun of it!

There aren't many thrift shops in the UK, Taylor? I thought they were rather universal. But I haven't had a chance to travel much. Next time you come to the US, you shall have to hit some!
If things improve COVID wise and my daughter is able to go to Aberdeen as an exchange student next year, she will probably be happy not to have me trying to get her to go thrifting. Laughing

I got to hit a usually reliable thrift store today, and had some pretty good luck. Not a lot of things, but some nice ones I'm happy to add to my collection.

AAA chameleon, I love it! 2010 Safari kaprosuchus, has a little damage and scuffing but I wanted this figure so am happy to have it. Dalmatian, no brand but looks like New Ray, will trade/sell. And rhamphorhynchus, no mark but maybe Jurassic Park? Will keep it for now anyhow.

AAA young great white shark w/ tag, I will probably keep but if someone really wants I'll part with him. 2006 Schleich lion cub, will trade/sell. K&M crab (no species on it), I like it but might part with it. Safari very hairy lion, toob figure probably and poor paint job, will trade/sell. Unmarked tiger, just a cheapy probably and not good paint job but interesting pose, will trade/sell. And unmarked shark, rather nice and I'm on the fence about keeping it.

Figures on left are unmarked, the parasaurophus is pretty nice and my daughter may want it, so it's staying. The figures on the right are both older looking Safaris, will probably keep them.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Some nice catches again.Yes, we have plenty of thrift shops in the UK depending on the area you live in!It seems that your thrift stores seem to have a lot more/better stock than we ever get here in the UK some of our shops are full of complete tat!!!.I have been to a few thrift stores in the USA but looks like I need to visit more!!

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 4:31 pm

I totally agree Taylor, our shops are usually full of old crockery and clothes that have a fusty scent, but I do remember getting a good soft toy (plush) haul in one I went into.

Great additions Kelly, if you don't fancy the crab I'll take it under my wing.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Nice catches again :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 12:42 am

Congratulations Kelly! I love the chameleon and kaprosuchus. Very Happy
Which brand reads on your AAA shark's tag? Mamejo Nature?

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 1:55 am

Congratulations, in this group, the parasaurophus is the king. king king

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 3:39 am

Fernando, I shall tell my daughter you said that, she'll be thrilled! Laughing
It is certainly the best dinosaur in this lot though, I agree.

Roger, yes the tag says Mamejo Nature over the barcode. The item number starts with AAA. If I'm reading the numbers right, it was made in 2017- there are Roman numerals of that.
I love the kaprosuchus and chameleon also! The chameleon was sold loose, but the kapro is why I picked up his bag and bought it. The chameleon has issues with standing, but that's okay.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 8:09 am

Some really fine things there Applause

Imagine finding such gems in thrift stores Shocked

Btw : The two green dinos to the right are Safari Authentics Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 3:27 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

Roger, yes the tag says Mamejo Nature over the barcode. The item number starts with AAA. If I'm reading the numbers right, it was made in 2017- there are Roman numerals of that.
I love the kaprosuchus and chameleon also! The chameleon was sold loose, but the kapro is why I picked up his bag and bought it. The chameleon has issues with standing, but that's okay.

Sorry for being such an annoying croc but could you take a picture of that tag or to transcribe these codes? 2017 may be the year it was introduced in Mamejo Nature's range but the manufacturing number starting with AAA is surely an interesting detail that corroborates with my theories. That info is usual in figures sold by USA companies.
[/quote]

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 am

I will do so, and edit it in here.

Here it is!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 2:50 am

Thanks a lot Kelly. We always learn a lot with tags. It even reads the city it was produced. You've read it correctly, it is a production batch from 2017 and not the release year as I suggested.
AAA is the manufacturer, of course, now only the "E" remains misterious. It could mean the 5th batch, May, the color version, I have no idea. scratch
12816 is the product number.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:05 pm

I got in an online thrift store lot I'd bought, and my trade box from the lovely and resourceful Taylor. I'm really happy with what came, isn't it great?

This is the Safari Carnegie lot I got from the thrift store lot. I really like them, and there were doubles of several to go into my trade box.

These are my figures from Taylor! (minus some extra Aussies that will be customized) I've been on a terror bird kick since seeing an exhibit recently, and he was very helpful satisfying my yen. And more fish for my oneday diorama yay! A GSD for my current furbaby, and the Aussie for all the past ones,  dinos for that collection, sunfish are something of a joke between my mother and I so it was a perfect choice. The human figure came with some Mesozoic birds he got for me, he will end up on eBay probably but he's better made than most character toys I see.

I love the Mojo grouper- haven't seen that figure here. But perhaps the best part is the packaging- look how they spelled grouper!
Pervert fish! affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Ha ha, that name is hilarious, but it's the real name! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's not the only wrasse with a hilarious name; there is, for example, Halichoeres bivittatus. Embarassed

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:45 pm

WOW ! So many wonderful Carnegi - and other safari dinos drunken

And the beautyful ( even if outdated) velociraptor from the "Chinese" Safari series I love you

And beautyful dogs and fished from Taylor Applause

Laughing Laughing Look at that puppy ! He really does not understand how a frying pan can look like that geek Laughing

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Many European countries spell grouper this way, it is rather odd as English speaking people regard this as a totally different thing.

What a treasure trove of figures, AMAZING

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipsxlch's Finds
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next