Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  

Britains cattle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:43 pm

My selection of Britains cattle
The Charolais were made first and then the Angus and Simmental were based on these.The older models of the bulls had a metal nose ring but this wasn't present in new models
The Herefords-the first picture was the original paintwork and the second was a revamp
Next are the older style Dairy bulls and cows/calves
The Jerseys,again the older models in the 1st picture and then the newer models.
Then the Freisians with the older models with horns and the newer models are polled and the calves.
Its strange that when they revamped the cows, the bulls and sitting cows stayed the same!
Also someone may be able to help me-Was the grazing cow with horns ever issued as a Jersey as I have never seen one?Thanks
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Quite a few rare ones again. Do you think these calves have their original paint? I have never seen them painted this way:

I have never seen this painting style either, but it is shown in the 1993 catalogue (not in 1992 or 1994). Must be very rare.

No, the 1969-1983 Jersey cow wasn’t made with head down, but Britains made a feeding Jersey cow between 1959 and 1967. The post 1983 feeding Jersey cow also never appeared in the catalogues with its earlier painting style, but clearly it was made.

The Aberdeen-Angus and Simmental cattle are already getting hard to find, even though they were taken out of production only a few years ago (but they weren’t produced for long). The Aberdeen-Angus cattle aren’t completely identical to the Simmental and Charolais. Do you know the difference? (It took me a few years before I discovered it.)

After 1997, the painting of the Jersey cattle changed again. I notice that you don’t have them. Perhaps worth getting them before they become rare too? (They were taken out of production in 2014).
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:02 pm

I know they made many, but never knew they made SO many Shocked

What a great herd you have cheers

Thanks for the info, Roger Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Yes, Britains made lots of cattle and Taylor has a great selection. I have quite a few, but I am very jealous of some of the rare paint variants that Taylor has. Even the more recent ones are often hard to find.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:29 pm

Applause Applause

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Thank you Susanne.
Thank you very much again Roger for all the wonderful info.The difference I assume with the Angus bull model is he is polled!
I have another 2 Jersey cows this colour.Are they the ones you mean when the redid the Jersey?I think the paint on the calves is genuine or a very good addition.I have a few that have additions to them and it is very obvious on these models.Here is photo of the calves from the other side.
I am so glad to find out all this info and that I have a few rarities as well. Smile Smile

rogerpgvg

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Yes, that's the Jersey style I meant. You have them as well cheers. Another rare one is your early brown cow, but you probably know. Yes, the calves may be genuine. Perhaps a Britains worker felt creative.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks again,Roger much appreciated!I will have to keep an eye out for more of those Jerseys as I only have 2 cows.I had an idea my brown cow was a rarity as she the only one I have seen in plastic,I have some lead brown cows.Yes,may be it was a create your own calf day when the painted those 2!! Smile Smile

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 8:42 pm

I knew you had many but I didn't know you had so many! I know, it sound like a Hong Kong copy of Susanne's post. Laughing
I have an Angus and a Highlander, I think both thanks to you, Taylor. I still have a water buffalo that looks a domestic one but presented in wildlife range. Roger is an authority regarding Britains! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMon May 04, 2020 10:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I knew you had many but I didn't know you had so many! I know, it sound like a Hong Kong copy of Susanne's post. Laughing
I have an Angus and a Highlander, I think both thanks to you, Taylor. I still have a water buffalo that looks a domestic one but presented in wildlife range. Roger is an authority regarding Britains! cheers

lol! lol! Wink

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyTue May 05, 2020 8:48 am

Beautiful, beautiful cows ! cheers

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyTue May 05, 2020 11:46 am

Thank you friends! Smile

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyTue May 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Here are the Highland cows that Roger mentioned,I seem to have a dark and light brown version.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyTue May 05, 2020 6:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains cattle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies (Plastic, rubber, lead, composition, masse...) :: BRITAINS and UK companies-
Jump to: