Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog

Go down 
+16
Ana
twilighter
75senta75
Pardofelis
RtasVadumee
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
widukind
Advicot
bjarki12
Roger
bmathison1972
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
SerAndrew
Joan Milelire
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog Empty
PostSubject: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Hello friends!
After one year without sculpting last weeks I have been working on a pair of models of the suidae family: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog.
Here are some pictures. As always you can find them on likaon models (https://www.likaonmodels.com/available-models.html) or on my own website (http://bestiari.weebly.com/)
I hope you like them!

The pair pig pig
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bearded pig

Giant forest hog

A comparison picture with a Schleich warthog

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Wow! Congrats!
I didn't know we have a so talented spanish fellow among us!
Está genial
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes, yes ! Está genial , det er genialt ! cheers

How great to see you again  Applause
How great to see news from you again Applause

Previously we have often seen mass produced models that were suspiciously much like the ones you had made !
Dare we hope the same happens again, and dare we hope you get something out of it ? Wink

BIG HUG cheers

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 4:20 pm

They are fabulous Joan!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 4:22 pm

these are fantastic; I would consider getting one or both, but what is the shipping to the US like right now for you? Not cost, but rather delays, etc?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Son genials! cheers cheers
They look both perfect to me and obviously they are very interesting species.
If I could afford, I'd surely would love to get every single of your bestial models.
We must manage a way to put you working for a company.

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Oh! This is fun! What great species - you've done a really wonderful job bringing them to life. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Un trabajo muy maravilloso, son tan hermosos! Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Very interesting species and beautieful figures :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Wow Joan, you did a fantastic job with these two Applause
Both looks soo good !
I just love this crazy looking Bearded pig and beautiful at the same time.
You made it just perfect cheers
I am glad to see a new works from you sunny

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Absolutely stunning models!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:36 pm

I have just discovered your website and I have to say your models are wonderful and it's even more interesting that they represent species not available from major brands cheers

I may afford one of them, one day...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:39 am

Nice pigs, Joan. Very in your line of models. I wondered if somebody would be even able to do an accurate Giant forest hog, my favourite suid species. I see that you managed to resolve it making it compact, without any shaggy hair. However, the shaggy hair in the muzzle of the Bearded pig is really very beautifully done. The pose is also very good and you caught perfectly the appareance of the species. If they were much lower prices I maybe would think in buy the bearded pig, but I will limit to include it into my wishlist as I done since years ago with some other of your models.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue May 19, 2020 10:40 am

Beautiful animals Joan! Really a dream, absolutely perfect! drunken drunken

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue May 19, 2020 11:19 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Nice pigs, Joan. Very in your line of models. I wondered if somebody would be even able to do an accurate Giant forest hog, my favourite suid species. I see that you managed to resolve it making it compact, without any shaggy hair. However, the shaggy hair in the muzzle of the Bearded pig is really very beautifully done. The pose is also very good and you caught perfectly the appareance of the species. If they were much lower prices I maybe would think in buy the bearded pig, but I will limit to include it into my wishlist as I done since years ago with some other of your models.

Tell me Pardo, if you could only afford one of these wonderful models, which one would you choose : http://bestiari.weebly.com/available-models.html

I would like to buy all of them but they are so expensive than I could only afford one at a time. I have always wanted to have a giant forest hog in my collection and even if the bearded pig is nice, I think it is a less iconic species than the giant forest hog. However, the aardwolf, the fossa and the anoa are equally appealing species to me. I also love to collect antelopes... Even the serval seems interesting as it may be smaller than the Safari version. And the Steller's sea cow is a mythical species even if it is extinct.

So, what would you choose ?
Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue May 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Magnificent models of magnificent species !

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm

[quote="RtasVadumee"]
Pardofelis wrote:
So, what would you choose ?

Either Grant's gazelle or bearded pig. Not sure of which one.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Wonderful works Joan! So full of character Very Happy
I'm especially a fan of the bearded pig, the walking pose , all the hair details and those funny tiny eyes, it's marvelous! Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyWed May 20, 2020 2:36 pm

thank you very much to all of you! I'm very happy you like them  Very Happy  pig

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, yes ! Está genial , det er genialt ! cheers

How great to see you again  Applause
How great to see news from you again Applause

Previously we have often seen mass produced models that were suspiciously much like the ones you had made !
Dare we hope the same happens again, and dare we hope you get something out of it  ? Wink

Those months I have been visiting the forum, but not writing. I'm happy to publish again!
And about similar models... let's see what happens. I have nothing to do about it  Rolling Eyes

bmathison1972 wrote:
these are fantastic; I would consider getting one or both, but what is the shipping to the US like right now for you? Not cost, but rather delays, etc?

Next week I'm sending one of those to USA. I'll let you know if there are great delays.

Roger wrote:
Son genials! cheers cheers
They look both perfect to me and obviously they are very interesting species.
If I could afford, I'd surely would love to get every single of your bestial models.
We must manage a way to put you working for a company.

Thank you Roger. Your catalan is really good  Laughing

RtasVadumee wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
(...) If they were much lower prices I maybe would think in buy the bearded pig, but I will limit to include it into my wishlist as I done since years ago with some other of your models.

I would like to buy all of them but they are so expensive than I could only afford one at a time. (...)

About prices, what I can say... Some collectors says that they're expensive... and another ones encourages me to increase prices because they say that the models are cheap Laughing  Years ago my models were cheaper, but I had no benefit with them. I need lots of hours to learn about the specie, drawing, sculpting, moulding and painting. And I want to earn money with that. And don't forget about materials, they are not cheap, specially for moulding!
I'm happy you like them and that you want some of my models, and I hope both of you will have some of them in your shelves one day Smile

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:42 pm

Wonderful Joan pigs and great work as usual! Very Happy Applause cheers Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:53 pm

I will definitely, one day buy one of your figures :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyWed May 20, 2020 11:31 pm

Joan Milelire wrote:

RtasVadumee wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
(...) If they were much lower prices I maybe would think in buy the bearded pig, but I will limit to include it into my wishlist as I done since years ago with some other of your models.

I would like to buy all of them but they are so expensive than I could only afford one at a time. (...)

About prices, what I can say... Some collectors says that they're expensive... and another ones encourages me to increase prices because they say that the models are cheap Laughing  Years ago my models were cheaper, but I had no benefit with them. I need lots of hours to learn about the specie, drawing, sculpting, moulding and painting. And I want to earn money with that. And don't forget about materials, they are not cheap, specially for moulding!
I'm happy you like them and that you want some of my models, and I hope both of you will have some of them in your shelves one day Smile

This is very well said Joan !
Your models are for sure with the right prices!
We can`t compare artistic models like yours, Anna`s, Miguel`s and from other artists , with the major brand models !
They are limited edition and not a mass product .
Skills and experience are money ! Materials are money ! Careful painting is money ! Time is money !
People who easily and oftenly say , that the models from all artists like you are too expencive, have to think a bit more, for all these important things, before evaluate it so fast.
Or to find a better way, to express them selfs , without  offending you job , deciding instead of you, what the prices should be !
For example : '' If \ when I have more money, I will be happy to have some of your models " ..
This works much better  Wink

signatus

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 9:12 am

Very interesting figures, Joan !!. The movement of the bearded pig walking seems to me to be very well done with its furry and strange face. The photo with the warthog of Schleich seems very good to compare how these impressive beasts are. I love both figures ! Applause sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am

Wonderful models especially the Bearded pig!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Interesting species very well done! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog   Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog Empty

Back to top Go down

Two new models from Joan: Bearded pig and Giant forest hog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next