Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Terra by Battat orses for TAI

Go down 
+3
widukind
Advicot
Taos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Terra by Battat orses for TAI Empty
PostSubject: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Battat horses missing:

Arabian mare
Pinto Stallion
American Quarter Horse
Friesian Horse
Shire Horse
Percheron Horse
Rocky Mountain Horse
Spotted Saddle Horse
Akhal-Teke Horse
White Arabian Horse
White Arabian Mare

------- Original post --------

Paint/Pinto horse for TAI.
Terra by Battat orses for TAI 05123

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Ooh he's/she's nice

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed May 20, 2020 7:35 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyThu May 21, 2020 8:00 am

Advicot wrote:
Ooh he's/she's nice

I agree !
Battat has a very charming style cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 11:45 am

I am reusing this topic to request pictures of Battat Terra Horses. It is a series of 24 models that unlikely will receive new releases.
As I believe most of these figures match the collecting tastes of many members, I'd love to gather with your help pictures to complete the series on TAW.
Please check below a list of horses that are still missing.

Arabian mare
Pinto Stallion
Tennessee Walking Horse
Thoroughbred Horse
American Quarter Horse
Mustang
Friesian Horse
Falabella Horse
Shire Horse
Percheron Horse
Rocky Mountain Horse
Spotted Saddle Horse
Akhal-Teke Horse
White Arabian Horse
White Arabian Mare

p.s. Thanks Taylor, your beautiful American paint horse is now on TAW. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 5:46 pm

The white arabian stallion and lipizzaner photos are reversed on TAW, they need to be swapped. I have the falabella too (really a fluffy shetland I think), I can post photos a little later.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The white arabian stallion and lipizzaner photos are reversed on TAW, they need to be swapped. I have the falabella too (really a fluffy shetland I think), I can post photos a little later.

Thankyou, dear Paige Very Happy
I look forward to seing them bounce

Unfortunately TAW works sooooooo sloooooowlyyyyyy for me, I almost get a nervous breakdown if I try to enter anything Suspect Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I fixed it Paige. Thanks for noticing because although pictures are yours, mistake is mine.
I am looking forward to see your other models.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 9:25 pm

No problem Roger, the two models look very similar! I myself had to consult the 2021 online catalog to make sure. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm

Here is the falabella
Terra by Battat orses for TAI 20210303-135430

These two i found recently at thrift and was going to trade. I have no idea what they are though. I remember the black one being in old catalogs, not in the 2021 one though...
Terra by Battat orses for TAI 20210303-135438

Terra by Battat orses for TAI 20210303-135444

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 10:35 pm

Thanks Paige, I will introduce them. The Tennessee Walking Horse is not their best.
I will remove the Falabella, the Tennessee and the Throroughbred from the initial list.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks Roger! Happy to help. I myself haven't had a lot of time to figure out how to upload myself to TAW, so I appreciate your work. I hope we can upload more for the page!

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 2:03 am

Oh! The horrible crippled hindquarters lol!

I would guess the top black or brown horse is a Tennessee Walker from the posture- looks like their halter showing stance. The lower one, maybe a Quarter Horse mare, with an Arab type head you sometimes see called 'babydoll', and the typical large rounded rump.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:33 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Oh! The horrible crippled hindquarters lol!

I would guess the top black or brown horse is a Tennessee Walker from the posture- looks like their halter showing stance. The lower one, maybe a Quarter Horse mare, with an Arab type head you sometimes see called 'babydoll', and the typical large rounded rump.

Yes, it is a TWH and the 2nd is a Thoroughbred although it looks like a Morgan to me. Curiously, the pose of the TWH also is common with Morgan horses.Below a picture of a Morgan, do you know if American Thoroughbreds are that different from English Thoroughbreds?

Terra by Battat orses for TAI Chestnut-Morgan-Horse

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 7:04 pm

As far as I remember many Thoroughbreds are bred for the type of racing they do, so their physique is geared to this.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 3:35 pm

Here is the Mustang as well.
Terra by Battat orses for TAI Terra_25

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks Taylor, I added your Mustang on TAW, more than half are now there. Only 11 missing. I updated the list on top.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 4:20 am

Thoroughbreds in the US are pretty much bred for flats racing only, whereas in the UK there are lines bred for eventing/steeplechasing etc. as well.They result in horses of somewhat differing type/build. The flats horses tend to be of lighter build. Taylor can correct me here if I'm wrong!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 4:51 am

That's a complicated question in the real world... I'd say that in real world contexts, English and American Thoroughbreds are considered the same (more so that there aren't ENOUGH significant differences to truly call them separate, if that makes sense. Might come some day). 

That being said, each circuit of racing is currently breeding for different things (European [even specific countries here], Japan, Australia,  South America, North American circuits). The main differences lie in build, as Kelly suggested, because some race on flat dirt or turf tracks while some are actually doing cross country type races over jumps. So some are built for true speed like a greyhound while others have to be sturdier in their legs to survive jumps without snapping delicate leg bones. 

For me, that battat looks nothing like a thoroughbred but I feel like a lot of their horses are incorrectly named by the brand or too generic. I agree with you Roger, this one looks like a lighter build Morgan horse than a Thoroughbred. It could also pass as an Arabian as Kelly suggested given the narrow muzzle.

Thats just my two cents...

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Would agree with you both Paige and Kelly,main differences in Thoroughbreds are their physique and what they have been bred to do.Agree that Battat aren't the best with regards to their horse breeds! Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 4:21 pm

Thanks for all your imput. Obviously these horses will be listed as they are marketed. Identifying breeds is always a difficult task and a very debatable thing. I was really curious about the English and American Thoroughbreds, maybe the English Thorougbred page on TAW makes no sense and it should serve to group all Throughbred kinds so, calling the page back to Thoroughbred should be better. scratch I agree Battat horses are not that faithful to the breed but there was an effort. Maybe they are not less faithful than many Schleich of these days.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Yes,Roger would agree that the page is probably best as Thoroughbred.I know that some models are marketed as English Thoroughbred but that maybe because the first Thoroughbreds were bred in England so maybe this is the reason for the English prefix.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 10:38 am

Taos wrote:
Yes,Roger would agree that the page is probably best as Thoroughbred.I know that some models are marketed as English Thoroughbred but that maybe because the first Thoroughbreds were bred in England so maybe this is the reason for the English prefix.

I moved it back to Thoroughbred as it was originally. I think the page was renamed to English Thoroughbred because the word thoroughbred is used in many breeds with the meaning of purebred but I think we all know what it means when presented alone and it is now according with our editing modus operandi on TAW.

PostSubject: Re: Terra by Battat orses for TAI   Terra by Battat orses for TAI Empty

Back to top Go down

Terra by Battat orses for TAI
Page 1 of 1