Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin Empty
PostSubject: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 5:13 pm

After describing on Roger's 1:32 scale animal topic I had a knock off of the old Safari white shark and spotted dolphin. Portuguese Roger seemed interested so here we go:

On the bottom of the shark it says: Great White shark CE, 1052.P1.A, Made In China
On the bottom of the dolphin it says: Dolphin CE, 1052.P4.D Made In China

Can anyone provide any extra info?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Easy Adam, these are undoubtfully Toy Major models. That is their traditional numbering.
1052-P8 is the African elephant from 2006.
I really hope you have the chance of providing pictures for TAW when possible and thanks for remembering my interest. Ah, I like Portuguese Roger but if it is easier for you, my name is Rogério. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:36 pm

Yeah of course I'll mention you as Rogerio, that's interesting info you gave me, the elephant looks weirdly like an old Schleich figure

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm

I tried to check the letter marked on that elephant but no luck. It looks like it is "H" but maybe I am being influenced by the logic.
1052 is the number of the set what means it is unlikely from the same set as your orca. Besides of it, your orca is marked with A just as it is the great white shark.
P1, P2, etc. means probably product 1, piece 1 or something like that. P1 is marked with a A that is the 1st letter and P4 with a D that is the fourth letter. These details really help us sorting these misterious models.
Strange P8 is an elephant, the weirdest elephant seal I've ever seen. Laughing
It doesn't look exactly like the 1992 Schleich elephant but it is very similar. Even the material and size. It weighs 239g, I want you to know that I also feed my elephants in a generous way. elephant

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:08 pm

The Black Netto in Germany sold also figures (made in China). That was also knockoffs of Schleich and Safari

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Interesting Andreas, by any chance do you have any of their figures?

Good job Roger, what have you been feeding them? Maybe lay off it and change to something with less calories (Ash tree leaves are a recommendation) your elephant is looking rather plump Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Advicot wrote:
Interesting Andreas, by any chance do you have any of their figures?

Good job Roger, what have you been feeding them? Maybe lay off it and change to something with less calories (Ash tree leaves are a recommendation) your elephant is looking rather plump Laughing

It could be, between the others

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin   The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin Empty

Back to top Go down

The Safari knockoffs: Shark & Dolphin
Page 1 of 1