Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Zebras

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
costicuba
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

AAA Zebras - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 am

With the ELC farm tub/tube after doing about an hours research various sources (eBay,ELC website) showed all these figures were found in the tub/tube.

It's sad how Torben isn't collecting anymore as his collection was marvellous, I'll just have to track the figures down.

Thank you for completing the ELC pet tube, by the way Taylor also has some ELC Farm minis I haven't provided

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi guys...
I think you have to appreciate the figurines in the time they were made and the country they are made, now that changes much...
Like when you see how accurate the Lineol figurines were back in the 1920's or 1930's, now that is awesome!
But you also have to see the commercial thing from the 1960's and later, the ever going on copying...
Those early copies or models still represent what they thought about modelling an animal, never forget that!
Just another example, the Art-Deco style of the French Clairet figurines, to me they are awesome, and yes, i have a special feeling for Art-Deco anyway, but thatr says enough about the feeling of certain times...
So at the end, i would say, accept whatever they produce, it is a timepiece(and yes of course we want natural and accurate models)...

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 6:27 pm

Thank you for commenting here Willy ,
but to be honest, I didn`t get the meaning of your post ... scratch
Are you sure, that you posted your comment on the right topic ? :)
.. or there is something , which I missed.. ?

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 pm

For sure i posted on the right post, if you don't understand, then i am sure you are a younger collector... Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:31 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
For sure i posted on the right post, if you don't understand, then i am sure you are a younger collector... Very Happy

Alright.
Thank you for the '' good explanation'' and also thank you for making me '' young" Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:34 pm

You are very welcome, to me you are young! 😉

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 6:44 pm

lol! I am the man who during a certain era posted on wrong topics. affraid
I know you both very well and I really believe you're not really understanding each other.
Willy loves to make these observations about how toy animal design changed according with certain eras. Many AAA figures represent the 1990s when models had a remarkable character, sometimes caricatural with exaggerated elements. first decade of the XXI century brought a more feminine design with some extra cuteness. Schleich was particularly noticiable and influencial in this regard. This last decade we witnessed a progressive tendency towards the realism, CollectA is maybe the maximum exponent. 1980's adopted a very toyish design, surely related with a boom of tv animations.
1970's is the boom of Hong Kong industry with several toys copied from previous designs.
If you go more and more bacwards, you will notice some tendencies, a few because animal models were heavily inspired in scientific draws, often very inaccurate or stylized or after it, when Lineol started making their models based on real animals from zoos that achieved the apex of realism in their IV generation.
The introduction of plastic brought some new concepts, namely the artistic French toys and a new era of Britains models that influenced the toy design until 1980's.
We are European, this non chronological overview is "eurocentric". However, we have the Japanese toys and North American market also have their own specifities. While the Japanese is known for their ghashapon toys. The North American experienced a long vintage era centred on Marx toys and the middle of 1980's and the entire 1990's was invaded for an endless number of toy companies exploring the animal themed subject.
Willy means that each era has its own style and design and we need to understand these models taking it in consideration. Ironically, if there is someone openminded enough to understand and accept these different stylistic expressions, this person is Kosta! cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Very Happy  Roger is always in a help , with good and positive words to everybody.
Thank you for this dear Roger. Thank you for beeing Roger sunny

Also thank you for your explanation of Willy`s words .
But I want to clear something ... Ok, I see now, that my question is wrote not very clear, with my not perfect english...and can be get it in a wrong way...
I didn`t want to say , that I don`t understand what Willy is saying ...
I understood it, just like you did. And of course I agree with both of you.
This what I tried to say is, that I don`t understand why Willy is posting this , on this specific topic.
If there were some kind of discussion on this subject here , then great.
But there is nothing like that. Here we see some AAA zebras and we had an discussion on these specific models... that`s all.
...  So maybe I missed something ?!?
And that`s why I wrote '' I didn`t get the meaning of your post ...'' , not because I don`t understand the words, but because I don`t understand the reason.. That`s all.  Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 8:02 am

Haha guys, maybe i was missing something or mis-reading, possible to...
Anyway, thanks Rogerio, and yes, i ment that every era had it's charm indeed.
No Very Happy Applause body overboard Kosta!

PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Zebras
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2