Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Platypus of unknown brand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thomas-asa

thomas-asa

Country/State : Germany

2 Platypus of unknown brand Empty
PostSubject: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 4:50 pm

I found these two duckbills in a bundle. Unfortunately I have no further information. I cannot recognize a manufacturer.

Length: 17cm Material: plastik, a little squeezable (the figure is hollow)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Length: 6.6 cm Material: like Schleich

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are such noname figures also good enough  for the WIKI?
Back to top Go down
https://bully.asa-multimedia.de/My_Collection/Welcome.html
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 pm

the top one has an 'AAA' look to it, but lacks the typical logo (unless it's an AAA knockoff).
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:38 pm

I am almost sure the top oner is Wild republic Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Looks like from the huge "Nayab" serie. The small Nayab version looks similar

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
thomas-asa

thomas-asa

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Thank you for the answers. And sorry bmathison1972, but there are really no other marks like AAA !

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 pm

Take a look here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In TAW it is called Nayab, which I do not understand.
Perhaps Nayab manufactured it, but they also make AAA and lots of other brands.
We must really stop calling everything China "Nayab " Laughing

Nobody will ever find it, if they look for Nayab, and Wild Republic has in their polybags scratch

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 pm

Chinese-based companies like Nayab make products for lots of distributors. If there is no AAA or TM label, it was probably made for K&M (which is not consistent in their labeling) or someone else entirely.

it was probably produced by Nayab but marketed by someone else (e.g. K&M)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:44 am

Well, the first was already identified, it is indeed the Nayab extralarge platypus, also used in the Wild Republic polybag Australian set as Susanne pointed. I don't know if we can use your picture but it will be listed as a Nayab but linked directly from the Wild Republic corresponding polybag and also with the information about the WR set in its page. I suspected the smaller one could be the platypus from the set of 32 wild animals and I was wrong, the Nayab small model is really very different.
Yes, these figures are interesting to the wiki and let me guess your question is a permission to we use your pics... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: 2 Platypus of unknown brand   2 Platypus of unknown brand Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Platypus of unknown brand
Page 1 of 1