Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List

Go down 
+7
widukind
Pardofelis
Roger
pipsxlch
Advicot
SUSANNE
Gecko08
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List Empty
PostSubject: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Welcome to my reference list! This list will be about my forever-expanding collection of extinct species figures. I will go through this list the way I though would be the most reasonable. In order of time period. Before we get started, I want to explain that this is my collection and your collection is probably different. In that case, what you see here might convince you to pursue collecting dinosaurs and I wish you good luck if that’s the case. These are my first ones on the list. Now let’s get started!

Cambrian (you’ll find that I like to use species names)

Anomalocaris canadensis (Favorite & Flormoon)
Marrella splendens (Favorite)
Opabinia regalis (Favorite & ROM Primeval Predators & Flormoon)
Olenoides serratus (Favorite & ROM Primeval Predators & Flormoon)
Pikaia gracilens (Favorite & ROM Primeval Predators)
Wiwaxia corrugata (Favorite & ROM Primeval Predators)
Alalcolmenaeus camrbicus (unknown company)
Haikouichthys ercaicunensis (unknown company)
Thaumaptilon walcotti (Safari)
Anomalocaris saron (Safari)
Vauxia gracilenta (Safari)
Sanctacaris uncata (Safari)
Naraoia compacta (Safari)
Tricrepicephalus tripunctatus (Safari)
Ottoia prolifica (Safari)
Sidneyia inexpectans (Safari)
Peytoia nathorsti (ROM Primeval Predators)
Redlichia rex (Collecta)

Ordovician

Cameroceras trentonese (Flormoon)
Orthoceras regulare (Collecta)
Asaphus cornutus (Paleocasts)
Asaphus kowalewski (Paleocasts)
Phacops rana (Paleocasts)

Silurian

Paralejurus sp (Paleocasts)
Eurypterus remipes (Paleocasts)
Acutiramus macropthalmus (Flormoon)
Maurotarion Christyi (Paleocasts)

Last edited by Gecko08 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:27 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 9:15 pm

WOW ! I do not know any of those Shocked
Do you have any pictures of them ? Very Happy

Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Here they are: Cambrian vertebrates and invertebrates

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anomalocaris canadensis
Company: Favorite Co
Scale: 1:10
Release Date: 2016

Marrella splendens
Scale: 3x life size

Opabinia regalis
Scale: 1:1
Don’t worry, the ROM Primeval Predators Opabinia is coming in the be with his favorite counterpart, but the shipping is taking its sweet time.

Olenoides serratus

Pikaia gracilens

Wiwaxia corrugata

I’m going to post photos of the Royal Ontario Museum Primeval Predators kit when it arrives.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:05 pm

WHat amazing, strange creatures affraid

Are they our ancestors ? Shocked

Well, a few generations back, but ... Laughing Laughing

Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:10 pm

As the story and the fossil record goes, Haikouichthys ercaicunensis and Pikaia gracilens are the first vertebrates so they’re related to all living and extinct vertebrates after the Cambrian. But the Arthropods (every other animal in the list) are related to modern day insects and spiders.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:11 pm

Very interesting beasts

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Thank you advicot

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 11:00 pm

I'll be curious to hear of your ROM experience. I went to order them a few months ago, but haven't been able to get ahold of them since.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 11:02 pm

I love these models representing creatures from very remote era when this planet was completely different from what it is today. We have a few enthusiasts of these models on forum.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Gecko08 wrote:

Alalcomeneus cambricus
Company: Unknown
Scale: 0:075
Release Date: ?

Haikouichthys ercaicunensis
Scale: 1:0.5

I’m going to post photos of the Royal Ontario Museum Primeval Predators kit when it arrives.

I'm ignorant in any prehistoric matter (and don't know these two species), but, judging by thes images, looks like that advanced caridean malacostraceans and actinopterygid fishes were already present on Earth during Cambrian?? scratch scratch

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Uhh... I didn’t have any other figures......

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 11:54 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
I'll be curious to hear of your ROM experience. I went to order them a few months ago, but haven't been able to get ahold of them since.

Thank you pipsxlch, I read that my order will ship this Wednesday so I’ve got a lot to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:04 pm

Very very nice collection

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Oh I’m just getting started....

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 pm

[quote="Pardofelis"]
Gecko08 wrote:

Alalcomeneus cambricus
Scale: 0:075
Release Date: ?

I'm ignorant in any prehistoric matter (and don't know these two species), but, judging by thes images, looks like that advanced caridean malacostraceans and actinopterygid fishes were already present on Earth during Cambrian?? scratch scratch

This is a generic green shrimp figure that has been repurposed as A. cambricus.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Thank you bmathison! You took the words out of my mouth! I have to do that because Cambrian fauna (including A cambricus) in quite underrepresented. Cases like this occur when other figures are good stand ins.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 9:30 pm

I think that the Favorite Co Burgess figures are better than the ROM figures, but that gem of a Peytoia in the ROM set brings up the other figures and makes the whole set worth getting. I went to the shop and I can’t find it anymore! I guess I bought the last one........sorry.......but maybe it’ll be back in stock.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Update: the ROM figures will be here Friday!
Cambrian inverts (these are from the Safari Cambrian tube which is sadly discontinued but you can still get them here and on eBay: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thaumaptilon walcotti
Company: Safari
Release Date: 2013
The figure is actually labeled Charniodiscus so I was going to label it here as C. arboreus, but my good friend Halichoeres let me know that Charniodiscus was from the Edicarian and explained that the figure matched T. walcotti a lot better.
Anomalocaris saron
Scale: 1:10
Vauxia gracilenta
Sanctacaris uncata
Naraoia compacta
Tricrepicephalus tripunctatus
Ottoia prolifica
Sidneyia inexpectans
This is my first Collecta figure from the Cambrian.
Redlichia rex
Company: Collecta
Scale: 1:4
Release Date: 2020

Last edited by Gecko08 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Both sets make great dioramas! And hopefully the Primeval Predators kit will make a great diorama too....

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 3:35 am

pipsxlch wrote:
My purchase of figures from the ROM was very complex. We went through with it the first time, but the credit company that I was using blocked the transaction because it wasn’t from America. Then we called the company that they let it go through, but we had to order it again. I finally decided to just order the set off the phone and it went through.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:16 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 10:16 am

Very interesting creatures

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 pm

I’ll be getting the rom figures tomorrow so you will be seeing them soon. But once I’m done with the Cambrian...what figures am I going to use for the Ordovician?

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Just a heads up for all of you cameroceras fanboys out there (me included, I’ve always wanted a Cameroceras) here’s your chance! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It’s says Orthoceras, but it looks like Cameroceras to me!
It’s about 7 inches long, putting it at 1:34 scale. I’ve always had a soft spot for Paleozoic figures (especially the underused Ordovician). If you act fast you can get it for $8.99! I got one and I can’t wait!
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 10:34 pm

It's a knock-off of Colorata's Cameroceras. That's a shame.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next