Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .

Go down 
+4
Roger
Kristie
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . Empty
PostSubject: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:36 am

When I saw that Papo has a cremello mare and foal, I just HAD to have them, because my old icelandic mare, Albina, is a cremello.

For those who don`t know already, allow me to explain, that "Cremello" is a colour and not a breed, even if there are in USA a tendency to breed for a specific colour and call it a breed Wink

A cremello, sometimes called a pseudo-albino - is a chestnut (red) horse that is homozygote for the creme-gene.
If it has only one creme gene, it is a palomino, and if it has no creme gene it is a chestnut.
Crossing two palominoes will give a cremello foal in 25% of the cases.
Crossing two cremelloes will always give cremello foals.
They have pink skin, blue eyes, cream fur and amber hooves, - very stunning, - if you like it Very Happy
I have put a picture of Albina at the bottom if this page , - very unusual, isn`t she ?

Untill recently these horse were considered ill in many countries, and often they were banned from the studbooks geek
Much superstition flourished : They were blind! They had bad hooves! They were stupid ! They were ill and their offspring would also be ill, or at least be carriers of this horrible disease Rolling Eyes

But going a bit longer back in time they were highly valued, Queen Victoria had 4 cremelloes in front of her carriage when she was really showing off !

Actually their hooves are just as good as other hooves, and they are certainly not blind ! Perhaps their eyes are a little more sensitive to very bright light than dark eyes are.

For breeding of palominoes they are excellent, as they will ALWAYS have palomino foals with a chestnut mate.

(PS: Of course other colours horses can also be homozygote cream and have blue eyes etc, They look slightly different, but that is too much to start bragging about here Wink )

Enough of this, here they are, the Cremelloes from Papo cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like them very much even if their eyes are almond shaped with black eyeliner, and the hooves are dark, they should have been amber.

Here is Albina, my 20 years old cremello Icelandic HORSE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Very interesting!! I have a book, with horses in this colour I think, I'll have to take some pictures of them, they are amazing - some people find them scary looking, with their clear blue eyes, but I think they're beautiful.
Congratulations on these two Papo cremello, they are really nice Susanne and I LOVE Albina, so pretty cheers I love you cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm

They are beautiful Susanne! As well as your Albina. :)

Just a couple months ago I had someone offer to give me a cremello Connemara gelding. He was beautiful and it was very tempting, but I said no. And it was meant to be that way because right after we got Freddie. And he was meant to be. I love you

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Congratulations for your Papo horse, I loved a lot to read about it, I love this kind of text supporting the pictures and as you know I see in Albina a very beautiful animal!!! cheers cheers albino
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Thankyou, my wonderful three Musketeers Cool , for your kind words cheers

I will tell Albina that you like her, and I am sure she will say : "Of course Shocked ! "

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:43 pm

...Uh Sue i think Albina has a human intellect! Laughing Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Sergey wrote:
...Uh Sue i think Albina has a human intellect! Laughing Laughing cheers

Yes, she is very smart Laughing Laughing

No, seriously, her blue eyes look almost human, don`t they ?
Perhaps that is why some people do not like the look of her eyes , - just like they are scared of monkeys/apes, because they look human monkey scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Humans are scary spirits! affraid
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Albina is very very pretty! OMG what beautiful eyes she has :)

About the Papo horses, I love the coat but I don´t really like the sculpting work.

Not all cremellos are nearly white, there are several shades Wink Here is my own cremello mare:

I don´t want to ecplise your post, Susanne, I only want to show a different cremello shade :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:50 pm

What a beautyfull model horse, Sylvia cheers

I would think it is a BEC ( Blue-eyed Cream) with bay basic colour ( Perlino ?), they are much darker ...but I only know from Iceys, of course Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:01 am

Congrats Susanne! At first when I saw the eyes of cremelloes I don't really like it & until Albina photo appeared I began to think should I buy?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:15 am

WONDERFUL, Ken bounce bounce cheers

I can make you a horseman yet Wink Laughing

I think cremellos are beautyful, and contrary to what supestition says, they are very gentle. At least that is what everybody who really knows them say.
Papo was very brave to make such an unusual model Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a beautyfull model horse, Sylvia cheers

I would think it is a BEC ( Blue-eyed Cream) with bay basic colour ( Perlino ?), they are much darker ...but I only know from Iceys, of course Wink

It´s a cremello :) Perlinos have darker manes than body, and legs are usually darker than the body too

Here you can see a dark cremello: yellowish body and dark blue eyes :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:37 pm

You have a beautiful horse. Thanks for sharing. The Papo horses are great too. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Thankyou for the pictures, Sylvia flower

Thankyou to Amy from Albina, she LOVES compliments Laughing
Yes, those Papo-horses, - I begin to like them more and more.

But I will not collect them ! I will not collect them ! I willl not .... Evil or Very Mad
As you can see, I am trying very hard to convince myself What a Face Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Good luck at convincing yourself. It doesn't work too good for me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:02 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for the pictures, Sylvia flower

Thankyou to Amy from Albina, she LOVES compliments Laughing
Yes, those Papo-horses, - I begin to like them more and more.

But I will not collect them ! I will not collect them ! I willl not .... Evil or Very Mad
As you can see, I am trying very hard to convince myself What a Face Rolling Eyes

Laughing
It was the most convincing thing I've read in the last years!! :)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:44 pm

It sounds hard Susanne!

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .   My first Papo horses : The cremelloes . Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Papo horses : The cremelloes .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: