Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+22
Megaptera
jarda
Paleochris
George
Joliezac
rogerpgvg
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
lucky luke
costicuba
spacelab
endogenylove
Caracal
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Taos
bmathison1972
Advicot
landrover
Pardofelis
Tiermann
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 7:23 am

I disagree, these sinuous antennae are very characteristic of swallowtails even if the curvature in flagellum is not as exaggerated as in the figure, but still close.
But yes, the paintjob on right forewing is unfortunate, I hope not all individuals in the series have the same flare!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 9:55 am

Pardofelis wrote:
I disagree, these sinuous antennae are very characteristic of swallowtails even if the curvature in flagellum is not as exaggerated as in the figure, but still close.
But yes, the paintjob on right forewing is unfortunate, I hope not all individuals in the series have the same flare!

That's the problem, when models aren't available in local stores. I couldn't choose the proper one. Nonetheless, the model is well made.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 10:46 pm

The same procedure as every year. I will show you every sunday my collection in 3 parts.

First a combilation of my two hobbies:

My classic italian folk cars. Some are made of metal, others are from Lego or from a company called Cobi from Poland, which I like very much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And now the first bunch of my zoo Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 12:11 am

Very nice collection my friend. But what means your wife?

I got my own room because my wife dont want anything of my collections in our living room.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 5:45 am

widukind wrote:

I got my own room because my wife dont want anything of my collections in our living room.

She doesn't like it, but she allows me to use the four glass cabinets I love you

After all, it was her, who let me start again to collect. My first collection time was from 1997 to 2006. Then, there was a break. It was her idea to start again in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 6:05 am

What do you mean with Italian folk cars? I love car miniatures but I don't collect them anymore.
It is really fantastic to see your collection of animal figures and it is a luck you can have a room for it.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 6:29 am

Very beautiful collection! cheers cheers  Which brand the basilosaurus please? :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 8:05 am

Beautiful and colorful collection!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:17 am

Roger wrote:
What do you mean with Italian folk cars? I love car miniatures but I don't collect them anymore.
It is really fantastic to see your collection of animal figures and it is a luck you can have a room for it.

I mean especially the FIAT models, because they are the people's cars to mobilize the folk.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:18 am

Caracal wrote:
Very beautiful collection! cheers cheers  Which brand the basilosaurus please? :)

It's the one from CollectA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:18 am

Joliezac wrote:
Beautiful and colorful collection!

Thanks a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:39 am

Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:

I mean especially the FIAT models, because they are the people's cars to mobilize the folk.

Interesting, can I ask why FIAT? I enjoy when these most common automotive manufacturers are the focus of a collection of miniatures. It is usually more common to see supercars or luxury cars. My collection was basically around Peugeot, another popular automotive manufacturer. I remember the Fiat 1500 was in my wish list, especially for its similarity with the Peugeot 404, both Pininfarina designs... cabrio, coupe or berlina. Though, I don't have them anymore.

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 10:17 am

Roger wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:

Interesting, can I ask why FIAT? I enjoy when these most common automotive manufacturers are the focus of a collection of miniatures. It is usually more common to see supercars or luxury cars. My collection was basically around Peugeot, another popular automotive manufacturer. I remember the Fiat 1500 was in my wish list, especially for its similarity with the Peugeot 404, both Pininfarina designs... cabrio, coupe or berlina. Though, I don't have them anymore.

Fiat was once the biggest car manufacturer in Europe and third in the World. In the past, they also gave mobility to more than 30 countries like India, Spain, Poland, Brazil, or Russia and so even the common people were able to buy a car. Moreover, they made many remarkable inventions.
I think it is easier to produce luxury cars, because there will be always rich people, who want to shine with those cars. But it's quite difficult to produce a car for the common people. At a certain point, the car could be too expensive for common people. But they made it several time e.g. with the 124, 125, 128, 127, ans so on. And they became the people's cars. Like the 126 in Poland called Polski Fiat 126p, the 127 in Brazil called 147...
And at the end, my family grew up with this brand. My great grand father already had a Fiat 500 Topolino, which was quite exotic in Germany at the time. My first car was also a Fiat. It is the red Punto.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 12:57 pm

The cars are great! Your animals are superb also. I enjoy seeing all the different animals together. What brand is the frilled(?) lizard next to the octopus?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The cars are great! Your animals are superb also. I enjoy seeing all the different animals together. What brand is the frilled(?) lizard next to the octopus?

the frilled lizard is wonderfully made by CollectA!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 2:08 pm

Megaptera wrote:
And at the end, my family grew up with this brand. My great grand father already had a Fiat 500 Topolino, which was quite exotic in Germany at the time. My first car was also a Fiat. It is the red Punto.

My mum has one of the newer Fiat 500s, and she absolutely loves it cos she always wanted one. It's white with the Italian flag colours up the front, over the roof, and down the back, so it's very easy to find in car parks, cos there's hardly any around with that paintjob (at least here, they're probably more popular in Italy Laughing )
I'm surprised that we can fit two whole hay bales in the back of such a small car!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 am

Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:

Fiat was once the biggest car manufacturer in Europe and third in the World. In the past, they also gave mobility to more than 30 countries like India, Spain, Poland, Brazil, or Russia and so even the common people were able to buy a car. Moreover, they made many remarkable inventions.
I think it is easier to produce luxury cars, because there will be always rich people, who want to shine with those cars. But it's quite difficult to produce a car for the common people. At a certain point, the car could be too expensive for common people. But they made it several time e.g. with the 124, 125, 128, 127, ans so on. And they became the people's cars. Like the 126 in Poland called Polski Fiat 126p, the 127 in Brazil called 147...

Interesting how some families retain some kind of connection with a brand. I enjoy those stories.
Fiat was also the most popular brand in Portugal during 1970's when I was a boy, 600D 127 and other models you mentioned were quite common here. In Spain was SEAT with basically the same cars. we all know the Panda/Marbella brothers but the story started much before. It is a pity popularity of Fiat is decreasing a lot lately, 2021 in Portugal Peugeot was number 1 in sales after 23 years of Renault hegemony and FIAT is not even on top 10. Though, it doesn't mean anything and the legacy of the Italian brand is enormous.
Ah, it was fun to know the sales of the toy animal figures brands, though, it is not hard to guess which is the best seller in Europe.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 am

Megaptera wrote:
widukind wrote:

She doesn't like it, but she allows me to use the four glass cabinets I love you  

After all, it was her, who let me start again to collect. My first collection time was from 1997 to 2006. Then, there was a break. It was her idea to start again in 2011.

I love you I love you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 8:34 am

Joliezac wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

the frilled lizard is wonderfully made by CollectA!

Thank you, Saarlooswolfhound Very Happy

The Lizard is from CollectA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 8:40 am

Roger wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:

You can find also the 600D and the 127 on my pictures.

I think Schleich still is the best seller. Although, Schleich isn't that good anymore like in the 90ies or in the early 2000s. But with their sets, they are perfect for children.

Interesting how some families retain some kind of connection with a brand. I enjoy those stories.
Fiat was also the most popular brand in Portugal during 1970's when I was a boy, 600D 127 and other models you mentioned were quite common here. In Spain was SEAT with basically the same cars. we all know the Panda/Marbella brothers but the story started much before. It is a pity popularity of Fiat is decreasing a lot lately, 2021 in Portugal Peugeot was number 1 in sales after 23 years of Renault hegemony and FIAT is not even on top 10. Though, it doesn't mean anything and the legacy of the Italian brand is enormous.
Ah, it was fun to know the sales of the toy animal figures brands, though, it is not hard to guess which is the best seller in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 9:04 am

George wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

My mum has one of the newer Fiat 500s, and she absolutely loves it cos she always wanted one. It's white with the Italian flag colours up the front, over the roof, and down the back, so it's very easy to find in car parks, cos there's hardly any around with that paintjob (at least here, they're probably more popular in Italy Laughing )
I'm surprised that we can fit two whole hay bales in the back of such a small car!

My first car was a Grande Punto. I was really proud, because I bought it from my own money. I also loved it, because it was a very fine one. But we had to change in 2018 because, we needed I larger one. But we are still with this brand and we have now a Tipo.
And for my family, I can sah that my great grand father drove a Topolino. My grand father and grand mother drove a 126p and my parents a Tipo I, which is still driven by my grand father even today. My uncle is also quite proud to still drive its 80ies Croma. And there are many others in my family, which is quite uncommon in Germany Laughing
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:15 pm

It's time for the second part Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 pm

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:21 pm

What brand and material is the ray in the front of the last pic? And what the black figure on the right side of the boa?

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 am

The Ray is from Colorata and it's made of plastic. And the one in front of the boa is the Sterba's corydoras, made by Furuta.
I can show you a picture later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 21 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next