Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mathison Museum of Natural History

Go down 
+23
Ana
Rakel
spacelab
Gecko08
Taos
Megaptera
Duck-Anch-Amun
75senta75
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
RtasVadumee
landrover
Advicot
Roger
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
Caracal
pipsxlch
widukind
SUSANNE
endogenylove
bmathison1972
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 1:23 pm

I completely agree, excellent display!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy  wonderful display!

Bonnie wrote:
I completely agree, excellent display!

Thank you both, as always! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 8:01 pm

I like crabs :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 pm

widukind wrote:
I like crabs :)

me too :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 2:05 pm

The arthropods have had a good run over the last week or so, but time for something different:

Species: †Coelophysis bauri (Cope, 1887)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Safari Ltd.
Series: Wild Safari Prehistoric World
Year of Release: 2017
Size/Scale: Figure length 17.5 cm. Measured along spine 22.7 cm for a scale of 1:13
Frequency of species in toy/figure form (at time of posting): Uncommon
Miscellaneous Notes: This figure is sculpted with a texture suggesting down or protofeathers. This feature is still speculative, as Coelophysis fossils have yet to be found with skin impressions. However, the paleoecology suggests that Coelophysis lived in an environment that could get cold seasonally, and feathers would be an advantage to a theropod living in such habitats.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Late Triassic (Middle Norian) of present day Arizona and New Mexico
Habitat: Floodplains
Diet: Predaceous on smaller animals
IUCN Status (at time of posting): N/A [prehistoric]
Miscellaneous Notes: Coelophysis was a small, agile predaceous dinosaur. Morphological features of the eye sockets suggest it was a diurnal hunter. Large congregations of fossils suggest Coelophysis may have been a pack hunter, but there is no direct evidence of such behavior. Such large fossil deposits could have been due to other phenomena, such mass killings during flooding, for example.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 2:35 pm

very beautiful figurine and picture!! cheers cheers big congrats for the back(and fore!)ground! Applause

I red somewhere that since amongst modern birds there are no pack hunters, it was probably the same about theropods (though I observed packs of crows purchasing busards)..
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Very nice figure and interesting information study study

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Wonderful figure and info!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Great info, and that background is just terrific, I thought it was a work of art and scrolled up to find the figure, but then realised that was it Shocked Embarassed

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Advicot wrote:
Great info, and that background is just terrific, I thought it was a work of art and scrolled up to find the figure, but then realised that was it Shocked Embarassed

It's a Bakku Background, designed for displaying figures. They are coated, sealed paper that fold. The reverse side is a coniferous forest (seen recently with the Prosopocoilus dissimilis pair by Kaiyodo). I also have one that switches from an Arctic/tundra scene to outer space. Obviously, I won't use the space side, but the other side will be good for Arctic, Antarctic, and tundra species.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:57 pm

that works! drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 3:55 am

Caracal wrote:
very beautiful figurine and picture!! cheers cheers big congrats for the back(and fore!)ground! Applause

I red somewhere that since amongst modern birds there are no pack hunters, it was probably the same about theropods (though I observed packs of crows purchasing busards)..

I love Blaine’s way of showing models and those Bakku backgrounds are really beautiful.

Modern birds are flight specialized dinosaurs offsprings. After a mammal extinction, I think it would be very speculative to understand mammal’s wide realm and habits if the only survivors where the bats.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 9:19 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Advicot wrote:

It's a Bakku Background, designed for displaying figures. They are coated, sealed paper that fold. The reverse side is a coniferous forest (seen recently with the Prosopocoilus dissimilis pair by Kaiyodo). I also have one that switches from an Arctic/tundra scene to outer space. Obviously, I won't use the space side, but the other side will be good for Arctic, Antarctic, and tundra species.
I love it and it's such a clever idea which makes it look so good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Caracal wrote:

I love Blaine’s way of showing models and those Bakku backgrounds are really beautiful.

Modern birds are flight specialized dinosaurs offsprings. After a mammal extinction, I think it would be very speculative to understand mammal’s wide realm and habits if the only survivors where the bats.

Of course! you're perfectly right Christophe! :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Thank you everyone for the interesting discussions. Next up:

Species: Dynastes hercules (Linnaeus, 1758) (Hercules beetle)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Wing Mau
Series: Flying Beetles
Year of Release: unknown (Wing Mau's website states 'until 2006' so released in 2006 or earlier)
Size/Scale: Body length (including horns) 6.2 cm, for a scale of 1:1.3-1:3. Wingspan 10.5 cm.
Frequency of species in toy/figure form (at time of posting): Very common
Miscellaneous Notes: This is the other species I have more than 40 figures of (at the time of this writing, I have 65-70 figures of Dynastes representing five species). Today's figure came from a set of eight representing flying scarabaeoid beetles. Unlike similar figures by Sega, the Wing Mau figures do not have bases (the base shown here was temporarily borrowed from a Colorata figure for photography purposes only).

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Central and South America, from southern Mexico to Bolivia
Habitat: Rainforests
Diet: Larvae feed on rotting wood; adults are attracted to fresh and overripe fruit
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Not Evaluated
Miscellaneous Notes: Like most rhinoceros beetles, D. hercules exhibits extreme sexual dimorphism. The long cephalic and pronotal horns are only present on males (although exclusive of the horns, females have a larger body size). The males use their horns to fight over a potential mate and possibly to help secure ideal breeding sites.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Another interesting model and species!
I am amazed at how many different bug species have been made over the years by all the brands!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Another interesting model and species!
I am amazed at how many different bug species have been made over the years  by all the brands!

We have barely scratched the surface here LOL
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Wow! Shocked
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Species: Oncorhynchus clarkii stomias (Cope, 1871) (greenback cutthroat trout)

About the Figure:
Manufacturer: Replica Toy Fish
Series: 3 Inch Collection
Year of Release: 2015
Size/Scale: Body length 7.5 cm, for a scale of 1:6 for a maximum-sized specimen.
Frequency of species in toy/figure form (at time of posting): Unique
Miscellaneous Notes: Replica Toy Fish released two subspecies of cutthroat trout in 2015, this one and Colorado River cutthroat trout (O. c. pleuriticus), which I have and will be reviewed at a later date.

About the Animal:
Geographic distribution: Upper tributaries of the Arkansas and South Platte Rivers in Colorado
Habitat: Cold, clear mountain and foothill waters
Diet: Invertebrates, especially terrestrial invertebrates that fall into the water
IUCN Status (at time of posting): Not Evaluated; however, it has an ESA status of Threatened
Miscellaneous Notes: Natural populations of greenback cutthroat have decreased dramatically since the 19th century due to toxic pollutants entering the water from mining operations, water diversion for agriculture, overfishing, and the introduction of non-native salmonids, including brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis), brown trout (Salmo trutta), and rainbow trout (O. mykiss).

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Great display, and a subspecies! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I have several of these Replica Toy Fishes. I am glad you could get them.I believe this is one of these series that will be forgotten from future generations and I hope TAW and STS survive for a long time to perpetuate these figures.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 7:34 pm

I have this figure on my wishlist as well as many other Replica Toy Fish Factory figures, just finding them will be the problem without paying a large amount of shipping from MiniZoo

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mathison Museum of Natural History   Mathison Museum of Natural History - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mathison Museum of Natural History
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next