Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor Empty
PostSubject: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 3:02 am

I had the idea to to try my hand at making a soft sculpture/art doll. Obviously I have no talent in this department. Here is Leemu Emuraptor. He was actually kind of fun to make, did it all on the fly out of fabric scraps bought at Joanns, a wire frame with a rock to hold him down, plastic eyes, felt, and false eyelashes for people.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hope I haven't given anyone nightmares, he really is a sweet guy... affraid tongue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 8:23 am

I LOVE him cheers

You made the most fantastic, charming, unique, scary-cute critter I can imagine I love you I love you
And he is the most realistic leemu I have ever seen  Laughing

You have heaps of talent, and tons of creativity , - and you can sew ! WOW ! Applause Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 8:33 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I LOVE him cheers

You made the most fantastic, charming, unique, scary-cute critter I can imagine I love you I love you
And he is the most realistic leemu I have ever seen  Laughing

You have heaps of talent, and tons of creativity , - and you can sew ! WOW !  Applause Applause

I agree with you Susanne drunken I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 8:53 am

How wonderful! cheers Applause Very Happy
It is so creative and you have managed to incorporate so many different materials into one gorgeous model! Very Happy
So interesting and inspiring!
Maybe next, we could have a Dogfish Shepherd Laughing (goldfish cross dog cross Aussie!) bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 1:12 pm

So it is ugly and you don’t have talent in this department. I think Leenu is very proud of his criator and that funny guy surely deserves a better adjectivation.
That face has an irresistible charm and you were clever in many details, namely the pattern used for neck and head. It is so inspiring that Bonnie is already dreaming with goldfish retrievers. Laughing

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Yes, yes please make one! Laughing
We have here, your model:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Your Leemu Emiraptor is so sweet that I'm sure this goldfish retriever would fit perfectly with your style!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 2:22 pm

But can it save you money on insurance, so you only pay for what you need?
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Roger wrote:
So it is ugly and you don’t have talent in this department. I think Leenu is very proud of his criator and that funny guy surely deserves a better adjectivation.
That face has an irresistible charm and you were clever in many details, namely the pattern used for neck and head. It is so inspiring that Bonnie is already dreaming with goldfish retrievers. Laughing
I completely agree with the content of the first two sentences of Roger. The author of this emu knows how to make an emu! Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 5:20 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
But can it save you money on insurance, so you only pay for what you need?

Lol I had a bad experience decades ago with LIMU, and the commercials are dumb, so I don't know why they helped inspire me (along with a terror bird exhibit, the dinosaur- bird connection, and online pictures of someone's pet emu). Wish he could help me!

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! He is supposed to look comical, but my daughter calls him terrifying and creepy hah. Maybe if I make another figure I should draw up a pattern first.

I can't really sew, Susanne. I just taught myself to do what's necessary- mend rips and holes, and reattach buttons. Just handwork. I'm envious of your knitting, my grandmother made beautiful afghans but wouldn't teach me how.

Dogfish... I think I still have some of that scaly looking fabric and 1 eyelash, and fake fur is easy enough to find... you are very clever with Photoshop, Bonnie!

Last edited by pipsxlch on Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Maybe we will find a dogfish then in the future! bounce Very Happy
You should start a new brand of 'half animals', models that are a combination of two animals in one- it could become quite popular! Laughing
I actually found that photo on the internet, I couldn't believe it when I saw it because it was just how I imagined! Laughing
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 pm

I absolutelly love Leemu .. and I am not scared of it at all Laughing
I love very much crazy things, with charm and personality ... created with wonderful, crazy imagination
and Leemu has it all ! cheers
The most I like on it is it`s so charming eyelashes Laughing It makes it really sweet .. ''guy'' lol!
Well done Kelly !
Please let your wonderful imagination free and make one more crazy creature bounce sunny

PostSubject: Re: My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor   My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor Empty

Back to top Go down

My 1st ugly soft sculpture- Leemu Emuraptor
Page 1 of 1