Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO 2021 releases

Go down 
+18
Bloodrayne
Gecko08
Burgerenby
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Ana
Farm collector
Tupolew Tu-154
lucky luke
Fossa
costicuba
Roger
bmathison1972
Caracal
Bonnie
widukind
SUSANNE
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Wise words my friend. :) I would guess trikes may have been like modern moose. Browsers that plucked off ferns and twigs and ate opportunistically. My complaint isn't with the presence or form of cheek muscles per say, just the very wide gape. And that is 100% just my thoughts on the model. As a compliment to it, the finer detailing is VERY nice, as it is with all their models. Very Happy

I feel the same Paige, it's the wide gape that looks weird to me. Maybe the cheeks are optional Razz
I like your wild boar comparison, Christophe, I can imagine that Smile

In the end, I decided on my one PNSO dinosaur for this year and it will be Pachycephalosaurus Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 7:13 pm

One thing I’d like to point out about the Wilson rex, is that even though it’s very good, Tyrannosaurus rex scales from skin impressions were very small, and likely not individually visible to the naked eye unless you were standing right in front of the dinosaurs, which is why the scales were depicted better on the Battat Terra rex. The same can be said for a lot of dinosaurs, which is why the detail-for-detail’s sake might not be the best approach to making realistic figures. Other than that nitpick, it’s a great figure.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 12:00 am

PNSO’s newest model: Harvey the Iguanodon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To be honest, it looks pretty good. I probably won’t be buying it, as Collecta has already mastered the Iguanodon. Pics from Dan’s Dinosaurs and the DTF. It’s going to cost $49.99.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm

Nice but expensive! Looks very different from other renditions.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Ugly head and no cheeks again.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 3:51 am

About the PNSO Triceratops, here it is a video from DinosDragons of the actual model.
The video is interesting not only to see the model how it look`s on real, but also , the guy gives a very good information about why the cheeks are made it like that.
So for Anna and other friends, if you watch from 12:00 min , there is an interesting info Wink

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 5:24 am

I wonder if it’s horns would prevent it from grazing on grass

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 7:00 am

Of course, there was no grass and the beak itself made it a bad grazer like black rhino.

Thank you Kosta for the video, it is very interresting cheers
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 8:48 am

Very interesting video. PNSO really documents very exhaustively themselves for creating their models. This may be the only accurate Triceratops model, of all the countless triceratops that we known in toy form. So for those that find the mandibles disturbing, as I said earlier maybe must be all the other models who should be disturbing, while the new PNSO is probably very close to perfection Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 12:37 pm

Thank you for sharing Kosta! That's very interesting! I believe the experts, of course! Very Happy
With this piece of information, however, triceratopses lost some points of their cuteness factor. At least in my eyes Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm

I probably share my perception with Anna. I enjoyed a lot to watch this video, scientific explanations are really interesting and I defend that the renditions should follow what is believed to be accurate. Though, I don't feel any kind of appeal about htis model. Not saying it is not good because it is, just its design is not as catchy as many other triceratops renditions. Obviously all those are personal observations. I know that the much more radical changes of the spinosaurus were not appreciated by a wide frame of collectors but I really think current interpretations are much more spectacular. It is a question of time, I remember people not liking feathers on tyrannosaurus and later they got used. Not the triceratops of my life for now but I also don't have a single one. Laughing

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Of course, there was no grass and the beak itself made it a bad grazer like black rhino.

True Grasses first appeared during the Albian of the Early Cretaceous (see here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So what could be considered grass was around during the time of Triceratops, but Triceratops itself was a browser either way.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 7:58 pm

You are right for the grass, my knowledge wasn't up to date Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 3:02 pm

In hand pics of Harvey the Iguanodon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I’m going to skip on this figure, but to each his own

Also the Iguanodon only costs $49.99 on Dan’s Dinosaurs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But it’s official Amazon cost is $59.99
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

😬

Last edited by Gecko08 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 9:12 pm

I think it looks great but maybe not enough to justify such a huge investment. I think we can find quite decent iguanodons for a much more affordable price.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 9:25 pm

A very beautiful iguanodon! But I rather not spend $50 in it, is it very large?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 12:51 am

Joliezac wrote:
A very beautiful iguanodon! But I rather not spend $50 in it, is it very large?

It’s about 12 inches or 30 cm (according to Amazon) it’s a large figure, but that still doesn’t justify the steep price point, especially when they sell figures like the Cretoxyrhina ($22), (Dakosaurus ($19), and Lambeosaurus ($22) for under $30 each. They should’ve settled on a sound price, as the Iguanodon costs several times the price of some of their other offerings, but how is it different? Some people have said that they call them “Museum Dinosaur 1:35 Series” just so that they could double the price, but I doubt this goes well with buyers

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 7:19 pm

I got a whole bunch of PNSO's new releases for Christmas, which can be seen on my actual collection thread, but i just wanted to give my thoughts here. Livyatan and Himalayasaurus are phenomenal figures. The Olorititan is great, so is the Helicoprion. The Olorotitan has a beautiful sculpt, definitely going on my 2021 top 5 list for prehistoric FoTY (though hopefully the end poll won't be just 5 PNSO figures. As Blaine stated earlier, Helicoprion is known only from tooth whorls, but PNSO did a great job summing up what we know about Helicoprion.

Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Does anyone know the scale of the PNSO-Zodiac animals? They have them at the Modellpferdeversand, but I can not find anything about their size scratch study

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 6:47 pm

If you click the full set of 12, it says 'each animal approx 8cm', so rather than being a scale, they're designed to each be the same size whether a large animal or a small one in real life.

Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 11:10 am

Thank you very much for your help George Very Happy cheers

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2021 releases   PNSO 2021 releases - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO 2021 releases
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4