Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare

Go down 
+20
spacelab
pipsxlch
George
Jill
Burgerenby
Advicot
rogerpgvg
Shanti
A-J
lucky luke
costicuba
Taos
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Ana
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 2:33 am

These newest additions are all stunning! The buckskin is especially a show stopper. It seems the long and difficult effort paid off. George has already commented about the perfection of that body color that is so hard to achieve. I painted my friend's fjords as portraits and it was the worst color in the world to mix for some reason. It's beautiful what you've done with it, though, especially with the dapples and the contrast of the mane and tail. The depth of the coat of each of these horses is really miraculous. You can really tell the texture, where the coat is finer and closer to the skin and where it is sleeker or thicker. It is not just a color on a smooth surface, it really has the feel of something alive and consisting of many different textures and layers.

That akhal teke looks like a watercolor come to life, absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 9:56 am

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jill! It means a lot! Happy to hear you like the color Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2023 4:38 pm

It's February, so I'm working on another Namopaimo project. This year Namopaimo event changed to a more take-it-easy mode and has a new name, "International Model Horse Painting Party." There aren't any official sign-in forms or anything. There may be a final collage at the end of the month, but it is not guaranteed. Still, everyone in the hobby is encouraged to paint a model horse in February, and that's as lovely as ever.

My project is Stromness. A warmblood (Irish Sport Horse) mare sculpted by Irish artist Eva Rositter. She sculpted her digitally and produced the mold and resin copies herself. I received my Stromness last summer, and I immediately knew I wanted to paint her as soon as I could. She's the type of horse I missed in my collection, especially in the Traditional scale. She will look nice in various scenes, and I can also show her in tack. Smile You can see more photos of unpainted Stromness on Eva's website HERE

I chose dark chestnut for her with some fun markings. This shade of chestnut is one of my favorite horse colors. I resculpted her slightly: changed her head profile minimally, repositioned ears, added more depth to the throatlatch, and sculpted a new mane and tail.
Those are in-progress photos of her. I'm preparing everything for her photo session, so better-quality pictures are coming soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2023 5:23 pm

Oh what a gorgeous animal! Fantastic job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2023 5:51 pm

Oooh, so beautiful!! I love this resin (still hoping it will come out in a smaller scale) and with your beautiful paint on her she looks stunning!! Very Happy I love you cheers sunny
I love seeing your progress steps on her. Usually I paint from light to dark but I think with oils (right?) it is a good way going dark to lighter colors. Love, love the shadings!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2023 8:17 pm

Beautiful!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words about her!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I agree! I would LOVE to see this model in a smaller size too! I would buy two or three Laughing

I have proper photos of her today Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2023 3:42 pm

She is simply stunning... Applause cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 pm

The custom and the phots are both superb! I love how the angles you took the photos at make it look almost as if she is standing in different positions, not just seen from another angle. She looks alive. :) Really beautiful coat color choice, and beautifully achieved! Her unique blaze is a perfect detail as well!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2023 10:15 pm

Beautiful horse! The subtle bay shades are very nicely done. I also like the interrupted blaze (or what do you call it) on the nose.

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2023 10:43 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words! They mean a lot! Thank you!!! sunny sunny

I'm glad you like her head marking! Yes, I think this kind is called an interrupted blaze. At least, that's what I heard. study

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2023 11:36 pm

amazing painting and making those changes to her as well. She looks like a real living horse in many of the photos. The only thing that sometimes gives it away (that she is a model) is the mane and tail for some reason. I love the incredible rich deep coat you have given her! You are very talented Anna and your painting style is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 1:24 am

These figures are perfect and the way they're painted is sublime. though, I also want to point the way Anna photographs her models. It is like she has a button on her nose, called interrupter blaze, which puts Anna at the same scale as the figure. So, we can see the horse from the same angles as we see a lifesized horse. The third picture is like the horse is thinking: - How did she get so small? scratch

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 1:18 pm

sunny wrote:
amazing painting and making those changes to her as well. She looks like a real living horse in many of the photos. The only thing that sometimes gives it away (that she is a model) is the mane and tail for some reason. I love the incredible rich deep coat you have given her! You are very talented Anna and your painting style is beautiful.

Thanks so much! Very Happy
Yes, the mane and tail usually don't look enough like real hair when they are sculpted. Some people like to use real mohair for a more naturalistic effect but it's not really my taste. I don't think I'm aiming for this sort of hyper-realism.

Roger wrote:
These figures are perfect and the way they're painted is sublime. though, I also want to point the way Anna photographs her models. It is like she has a button on her nose, called interrupter blaze, which puts Anna at the same scale as the figure. So, we can see the horse from the same angles as we see a lifesized horse. The third picture is like the horse is thinking: - How did she get so small? scratch

Thanks, Roger! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 1:50 pm

Oh she really is beautiful, the subtlety of the shading is so perfectly judged, with enough contrast to really bring her to life and make the colour vibrant. Chestnuts can be so difficult to balance, not enough shading and they're not as interesting and pretty as a more dramatic high-contrast colour, the temptation is so often to go for a bay just for the extra light'n'dark of the black points, but this really deep shade is lovely. And the face marking, brilliant choice well executed - that was what caught my eye as I scrolled down and I'm glad to see everyone else is already talking about it!

Katarzyna

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 1:40 am

She’s such a beauty! I love you I just love this resin and she looks even better once painted. bounce
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 5:55 am

Wow!! I totally missed the first images of her. You did an amazing job painting her always. If she were outside in a paddock, I'd think it were a real horse! I typically find "brown" horses less interesting but all the different gradients look so beautiful on her, she is stunning I love you I'd love to see some outdoor photos on a warm spring day sunny

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Thank you so much for all your kind words! I'm happy to hear you like my brown horse Smile  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 pm

She is exceptional stunning!!! What a great beauty!! This model is so well made, such grace and your beautiful colors and shadings, sooo lifelike and wonderful!! I am truly in awe!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers sunny Shocked flower
Back to top Go down
luisgm

luisgm

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 4:53 pm

Preciosas customizaciones. El gatito me encanta What a Face I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare   Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anna's customs and repaints, NEW Irish Sport Horse Mare
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10