Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums

Go down 
+2
Bonnie
twilighter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
twilighter

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  Empty
PostSubject: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Now, this is one of the best zoo books ever published ! The authors are one of biggest zoo enthusiasts and both have visited more than 500 zoos in their lifetime bounce bounce bounce

"America’s Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums is the first ever hardback guide to America’s finest zoological collections, incorporating both zoos and aquariums.

We were thrilled to be involved In the production of this stunning book, which has been a long time in the making.

Spanning 368 pages and featuring over 700 full-colour photographs, this meticulously-researched guide will absorb anyone who takes an interest in noteworthy species and exemplary human care of wild animals.

All one hundred featured parks have an individual profile which includes a brief history, an overview of the best exhibits, and conservation projects..."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 12:11 pm

What a beautiful book and a must have for zoo lovers!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 12:30 pm

I'm now wanting this book!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 3:50 pm

A nice book

You collect zoo books too?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 4:17 pm

widukind wrote:
A nice book

Yes I do Very Happy  Zoo history books and zoo guides from the places I have visited. I also have the Zooming in on Europe's Zoos Sheridan's Guide to Europe's Zoos 2010-2025, but I have seen, that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] presented it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The best pice of zoo literature I have is probably the 2 volume The San Diego Zoo: The First Century 1916-2016 Boxed Set

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 4:36 pm

I will be ordering this in the New Year to join the one I have on European Zoos!!

twilighter

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 4:44 pm

Taos wrote:
I will be ordering this in the New Year to join the one I have on European Zoos!!

Really great choice! You will not be disappointed . The section with the rare species from a European stand point, for example, provides invaluable information .

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:24 pm

What an interestimng book !!! Shocked

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:12 pm

I have a few books on the history of zoos so will try and dig them out over Christmas and put them on here. Smile

twilighter

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  bounce

Taos wrote:
I have a few books on the history of zoos so will try and dig them out over Christmas and put them on here. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looking forward to see your collection ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:28 pm

twilighter wrote:
widukind wrote:
A nice book

Yes I do Very Happy  Zoo history books and zoo guides from the places I have visited. I also have the Zooming in on Europe's Zoos Sheridan's Guide to Europe's Zoos 2010-2025, but I have seen, that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] presented it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The best pice of zoo literature I have is probably the 2 volume The San Diego Zoo: The First Century 1916-2016 Boxed Set

Zoo guides and planes from zoos that i visited i collect too. I have a few german books with "historical" storys of german zoo, especially eastern germany. Are these books interesting for you?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:43 pm

[quote="widukind"][quote="twilighter"]
widukind wrote:

Zoo guides and planes from zoos that i visited i collect too. I have a few german books with "historical" storys of german zoo, especially eastern germany. Are these books interesting for you?

Yes, I am very interested in the German zoos history Very Happy The biggest problem is that I do not speak German and most of the serious books are written in German. Nevertheless I have some in German. The last one I bought is about the Berlin Zoo history

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 6:44 pm

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 7:52 pm

twilighter wrote:
widukind wrote:
twilighter wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, I am very interested in the German zoos history Very Happy  The biggest problem is that I do not speak German and most of the serious books are written in German. Nevertheless I have some in German. The last one I bought is about the Berlin Zoo history

Great, i will send you pics

Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 7:56 pm

widukind wrote:

Great, i will send you pics

Beautiful !

PostSubject: Re: Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums    Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums  Empty

Back to top Go down

Great New Book about America's Top 100 Zoos and Aquariums
Page 1 of 1