Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mules from Peter Stone

Go down 
+8
Sergey
Ana
Kristie
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
SyLoBe
widukind
SUSANNE
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Mules from Peter Stone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mules from Peter Stone   Mules from Peter Stone - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:44 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

SyLoBe wrote:
We call hinnies as "burdéganos" :) (EDITED: and mules are called "mulas")

About the geneticts the mother gives the foal, in fact it´s MORE than 50%. DNA is not only in the chromosomes, all creatures have a variable % os DNA in an intracelular estructure called mitochondria. And this DNA is very important for life! And... surprise! Only the mother´s mitochondrial DNA is given to the descendence. All our mitochondrial DNA comes from our mother :)

Yes, and still many breeders only bother to find a good stallion.
I have heard a breeding advisor say, a little bitter, that people only use the mares for breeding that nobody want to ride. And blame the stallion for the result ! Rolling Eyes

I have always though mares are, at least, as important as stallions are ^^

Oh, and mules are really beautiful animals, last year I went to an ancient works fire and I had the opportunity to see some of them working, touch them... I loved them!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com

Mules from Peter Stone
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2