Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anthropomorphic Animals?

Go down 
+2
pipsxlch
Mitsukuni
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

Anthropomorphic Animals? Empty
PostSubject: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:57 am

Hello everyone:)

I’m starting this topic because on occasion I see these animals, usually Japanese in origin, that are more human like in some way i.e. anthropomorphic, and I wanted to get you guys’ thoughts on them, do you like them? Do you not like them? Do you collect them? Do you not collect them? And why to all those questions.

Anthropomorphic definition by Webster’s:
1 : described or thought of as having a human form or human attributes

2 : ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman things

Some examples of anthropomorphic figures:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I personally really like them, but I’m a fan of anthro things and charactersXD I really wish one of these companies would release a cute anthro hyena figure, I would definitely add that to my collection!

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:16 am

I find a lot of anthro artwork beautifully done, but personally I'm kinda creeped out by anthro. Laughing Most people I know enjoy it, except for the misanthropes like me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 9:49 am

If they are foxes, I surely collect them but I am not defintely a collector of anthropomorphic animals.
They are interesting and funny, especially these Japanese models that are close to the real animal but with human postures but there are loads of things I like more than those that I am not colecting.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am

I agree, - they are sort of creepy Laughing

Some can be so crazy, though, that they are truely fun ! Like this key chain Siamese cat sitting on a gooey chocolate cake geek
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got it as a free gift some years ago, and as I love both Siamussies and chocolate cake, this model always makes me smile Laughing

....hmmm, perhaps this one isn't really antropomorf, just crazy Rolling Eyes Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am

Roger wrote:
If they are foxes, I surely collect them but I am not defintely a collector of anthropomorphic animals.
They are interesting and funny, especially these Japanese models that are close to the real animal but with human postures but there are loads of things I like more than those that I am not colecting.

Ohh, yes ! The praying fox is great cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Look at those dogs! drunken Very Happy Very Happy
I haven't got any in my collection yet, but if there are dogs, then I'm sure they will come here at some point! Very Happy But I would probably prefer a dog in more of a realistic position, just because then it is generally a more realistic model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Kelly I definitely agree with you that anthro can be creepy sometimesXD and I’m never surprised when people say they don’t like it since it can be off putting depending on what it is.

Roger I have seen your foxes and they were probably one of my first times seeing anthro figures like that, I love the foxes you have and they really made me think about adding anthro figures into my collection. I think you’ve made a good point about why you don’t collect them in general and I think it’s possible other people probably don’t collect them for the same reason.

Susanne I love your little kitty on a cake! We share love of those two things in common lol!
I wouldn’t necessarily call your Siamese anthro but I feel like you’re on the right track in showing this cute baby as I personally believe that when it comes to figures anthro and crazy/weird go hand in hand Laughing

I also forgot to say in my initial post that if anyone wants to share their anthropomorphic figures here please feel free!

Bonnie the dogs are pretty funny/cute Razz I agree with you that in general I prefer realistic figures, you touched on a good point that these are really more of a sub genre of animal figure collecting which is why I think a lot of people wouldn’t collect these as part of their regular animal figure collections. You, Roger and I all seem to have the same view point in that if our favorite species/a species we indiscriminately collect is offered in the form of an anthropomorphic figure then we would almost definitely collect it.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 10:46 pm

Mitsukuni wrote:
Kelly I definitely agree with you that anthro can be creepy sometimesXD and I’m never surprised when people say they don’t like it since it can be off putting depending on what it is.

Roger I have seen your foxes and they were probably one of my first times seeing anthro figures like that, I love the foxes you have and they really made me think about adding anthro figures into my collection. I think you’ve made a good point about why you don’t collect them in general and I think it’s possible other people probably don’t collect them for the same reason.

Susanne I love your little kitty on a cake! We share love of those two things in common lol!
I wouldn’t necessarily call your Siamese anthro but I feel like you’re on the right track in showing this cute baby as I personally believe that when it comes to figures anthro and crazy/weird go hand in hand Laughing

I also forgot to say in my initial post that if anyone wants to share their anthropomorphic figures here please feel free!

Bonnie the dogs are pretty funny/cute Razz  I agree with you that in general I prefer realistic figures, you touched on a good point that these are really more of a sub genre of animal figure collecting which is why I think a lot of people wouldn’t collect these as part of their regular animal figure collections. You, Roger and I all seem to have the same view point in that if our favorite species/a species we indiscriminately collect is offered in the form of an anthropomorphic figure then we would almost definitely collect it.
Yes! Very Happy And I think you collect hyenas? So I'm sure you would collect all anthropomorphic hyenas, although I'm sure this would be quite rare! Very Happy And as you say, I'm guessing that those who collect this type of figure either do it because it is their favourite species, or maybe because the model is actually well made (Like a lot of Japanese figures, many of the anthropomorphic dogs tempt me so much, as they are so well sculpted!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 am

It really boils down to taste I think. 

For me, many anthro-figures are done poorly (TOO human kinda creeps me out too Wink) but there are several above that I don't mind at all because they are still very animal-ish. And I agree its a subcategory, so if someone likes foxes and they include these, that makes sense and seems reasonable to do. Someone here posted about looking for a mole playing a saxophone because they also collect animals playing thay instrument since they as a collector appreciate saxophones/music. So I find it interesting that person X collects X type of figure, but just like I find it interesting that people collect flocked animals or surprise egg figures or synoptic collections or figures in scale or anything that interests them (like me).

For me personally these are not my taste, but you don't usually see wolves anthropomorphized unless they are the villain in a fairytale...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 4:52 am

Yes Bonnie I collect hyenas:D and yes I would definitely add any anthropomorphic hyenas if any companies were to make them, but as you said I don’t see that being released any time soon Laughing Rolling Eyes
I agree some of these anthro models are quite detailed and nice looking, they even tempt me and I only collect hyenasXD

Saarlooswolfhound you’re right some aren’t nice at all, probably because many of them are cheep gashapon figures. I also agree that I prefer the ones that are still very animal like but are just in more of a human posture, are doing something human-ish etc.
Thats a great point! For sure another reason someone might collect them is because it melds two or more of their interests. I think that may be one of the reasons why they are my taste because I already like anthropomorphic things and I like animal figuresXD
I noticed that too, and it makes me sad that wolves and hyenas aren’t seen in a very good light by the general public, which makes me worried that if any anthro hyenas are released they will potentially be some kind of villain Crying or Very sad

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 9:48 am

Fingers crossed for some hyenas then! Very Happy bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 9:48 am

Fingers crossed for some hyenas then! Very Happy bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Yes fingers crossed! cheers Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Anthropomorphic Animals?   Anthropomorphic Animals? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthropomorphic Animals?
Page 1 of 1