Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D

Go down 
+10
endogenylove
Roger
LukaLeon085
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
widukind
lucky luke
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D Empty
PostSubject: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 2:25 pm

I LOVE maned wolves, - well I don't know one in person, but it is such an incredibly crazy and cute looking creature

So far I have only succeeded to get three models
CollectA, made-in-china, and now Safari  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Perhaps they remind me of somebody I know very well  Laughing
Only Fidda's ears ( usually) hang down  Wink

This little video os wonderful ( I hope you don't get too many advertisements )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, let's se some pictures Very Happy

I  won´t write too much, - it is a wonderful model !
Perhaps a little pit too fuzzy  scratch

Sorry if I have taken too many pictures  drunken

One of the front paws look a bit like it has been turned around  Shocked

Isn't he a charmer ?  drunken

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 2:29 pm

A lovely figure, and a nice addition for Safari, but I don't think it will replace the CollectA version I currently have.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
A lovely figure, and a nice addition for Safari, but I don't think it will replace the CollectA version I currently have.

They are very different, I wouldn't be without any of them Wink
I think Christophe is going to make a comparison topic about them Very Happy

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Thank you for this comparison, I like the sculpture it is pleasant, but I do not think to acquire it I find it too big, a little outdated.Very Happy Applause cheers Rolling Eyes
I find that many of their latest masterpieces are slightly too big! confused

Susanne big hugs for Frida cat
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 5:26 pm

lucky luke wrote:

I find that many of their latest masterpieces are slightly too big! confused

While Safari's quality and species diversity has improved in recent years, the biggest issue for many collectors is, I believe, size/scale. You are right, several recent ones (maned wolf, honey badger, mandrill, others) are quite large among 'standard-sized' figures.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Thanks for the pictures. The figur is bigger as awaited.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Very nice, very big, very fuzzy, I don't care, I like it very much, she has a beautiful head I love you

I plan to buy it soon.

Thank you Susanne to show us that beautiful lady and big Hug to Fida cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Beautiful model! So glad safari finally made a new canine, I've been making suggestions for YEARS. Thanks for your photos Susanne.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 8:42 pm

A bout size, I agree !
I do not care about scale, but Safari has begun to make many "standard" models too large.
Not least many prehistoric are simply big and clumsy , especially compared to some of the earlier elegant models Sad

But not so for the Maned wolf  Very Happy
I can't see how so much detail could be made on a smaller model,
and in real life this beauty IS quite tall, - it stands about 90 cm over the shoulders, while the grey wolf stands 76 cm study

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Luc and Christope - My greetings and thanks from Fidda Wink
She got completely ecstatic with happyness over your greetings : she wagged the tip of her tail THREE times affraid Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 9:59 pm

A beautiful maned wolf, big, strong, fluffy- just wonderful! cheers cheers
I'm so glad you decided to make a walkaround of this gorgeous canine, I loved every photo and every angle! Very Happy And of course his lovely face! drunken
And also Fidda!!! cheers I love you bounce It was a joy to see her long Saluki stretch with her elegant long legs, she looks so comfy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 pm

Wonderful figurine cyclops cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Actually its size doesn't bother me. It may even work with some Wildlife Wonders. The only thing I don't find pleasant is the almost bipedal posture. Something went wrong with those legs, despite the pose, the back shouldn't be as dropped as it is. Maned wolves are really weird creatures and this sculpture got it.
Though, I find the model very detailed with a strong character. A kind of figure that being loved or disliked, everyone will remember it. It is a unique design. I agree with Christophe, the head is very good. I won't get it to replace my CollectA model, they belong to different leagues, so both can live with me.
Thanks Susanne for such a complete walk around of a very antecipated model. Thanks also for telling Fidda to show us what we should do to give a good use to these days. Wink

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 12:24 am

Oh my goodness, no thank you Sad your pictures are lovely as ever, but to me this model is just horrendously ugly. I can’t necessarily even put my finger on why, except maybe the overly human proportions of the legs. It feels more like a cartoonish werewolf than a maned wolf. Plus the humongous size and rather (in my eyes) disappointing pain job. Not a fan!

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 12:58 am

Your camera is obviously very good to make such sharp close-ups.

I also dislike this model. I know maned wolves well, have seen them in many zoos, and I agree it's a strange creature but not as alien looking as this figure is. The head however seems better than on the CollectA model.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:03 am

I really really like it !
What a beautiful model !
Is it perfect ? No ! But what is perfect on our world ?
This model is exactly for my taste. I really like artistically made it models, with dynamic poses and wonderful details.
It heas a beautiful head.
The artist tried to make a very dynamic and unique pose ..and maybe went a bit too far as Roger pointed, but I actually admire this try :)

The pose is for sure not a natural walking pose. But for me, still looks nice.
Sometimes , we can see animals in very strange poses and this doesn`t make them ''alien looking'' or ''ugly''.
So I completely dissagree with these epithets.

I really love this animal..maybe one of my favorite animals and I am so glad that Safari made it.
The size for me is : just a size  Laughing Still perfect to hold it on hands and enjoy it  Wink
If we want a smaller sized , we have the wonderful Collecta one.
If we want an artistically presented model - we have Safari.
We are lucky collcetors  cheers
And we are also very lucky to have this perfect walkaround from Susanne  cheers

Ohh, the beautiful, so funny and so charming Fidda I love you She is ever so cute in this pose . Your domestic maned wolf Laughing
I enjoyed also the video you shared .  
Thank you very much !  sunny

Last edited by costicuba on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:25 am

costicuba wrote:
I really really like it !
What a beautiful model !
Is it perfect ? No ! But what is perfect on our world ?
This model is exactly for my taste. I really like artistically made it models, with dynamic poses and wonderful details.
It heas a beautiful head.
The artist tried to make a very dynamic and unique pose ..and maybe went a bit too far as Roger pointed, but I actually admire this try :)
I really love this animal..maybe one of my favorite animals and I am so glad that Safari made it.
The size for me is : just a size  Laughing Still perfect to hold it on hands and enjoy it  Wink
If we want a smaller sized , we have the wonderful Collecta one.
If we want an artistically presented model - we have Safari.
We are lucky collcetors  cheers
And we are also very lucky to have this perfect walkaround from Susanne  cheers
Thank you very much !  sunny
You have summed up my thoughts exactly! This species is unique amongst canids and its physical form I think defies how we appreciate the body plan of more common mammals, lending that strangeness nearly all comment on. There are some artistic licenses here but nothing too crazy in my opinion.

I don't think the figure itself is oddly shaped, specifically the lower rump end. If you look closely, I would say the actual point of the shoulder is more or less level with the lower back (keep in mind this animal is moving so those two points would be highly mobile during this species' gait in reality). I think the super fluffy ruff or "mane" is throwing people off in that regard, its making the shoulders look taller than they really are.

As for the legs, again I see little wrong. This figure is presenting much more movement than CollectA's. It strikes me as a hesitant animal checking something out (ears alert, head turned to the side, checked gait, classic behavior of an animal intrigued by say... a sketch artist outside it's zoo enclosure). The legs are a bit tucked under the body rather than stretched out like the other model, hence the sort of werewolf crouch posture... but to me nothing out of the ordinary.

The main concern I have is the dragged knuckles of the left front foot. That is an unnatural posture and probably the big issue for most of the complaints I see here. Though, in the model's defense it was probably done for stability, like in horse models.

But as always... to each their own tastes. Wink

P.S. Susanne, somehow in my earlier post I rudely forgot to say hello to dear Fidda! Please give her a good pat from me and tell her it's nice to see her sweet face again. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:34 pm

Wonderful creatures! These long legs, incredible! Thank you for showing us Susanne!!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 11:37 pm

Thank you Susanne For sharing so beautiful and useful pictures! :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

One more family pic Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 6:50 pm

Wonderful picture, Christophe! who told they don't look great together? cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Wonderful picture, Christophe! who told they don't look great together?  cheers

Who indeed ? Suspect Laughing

Unfortunately for me, it means I will stay with them and my shelves are too crowded scratch cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Ohhh ! So lovely drunken

Christophe ! They HAVE to stay together, - no rule without exception.
And what better exception than the maned wolves ? cheers

( The aardwolf could be a candidate, but there aren't enough for a group Wink )

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:52 pm

Stunning maned wolf pack.  cheers

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 11:22 pm

They really look wonderful together on this beautiful photo ! Applause
Congratualtions Kiki for having the Safari now cheers
Now it`s my turn to get it.
Oh, and will I ever find this great Colorata set ..?!? Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D   The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The maned wolf from Safari 2021 :-D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next