Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)

Go down 
+29
bmathison1972
Birdsage
rogerpgvg
Bloodrayne
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
George
RtasVadumee
Jill
Burgerenby
sunny
Seeway
Markus
spacelab
Mitsukuni
costicuba
Ana
Kikimalou
Taos
SUSANNE
Bonnie
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
widukind
Loon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Stunning whales, and wow, what a huge box the Kaiyodo one came in! cheers What an outstanding model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 10:20 pm

Oh wow, insane! Every time I would walk into that room, it would feel to me like walking into a star observatory.

You get to feel how puny human kind actually is when it gets one chance to walk among gods.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Wonderful models and display! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 8:30 pm

Splendid aquatic animals.
Congratulations 👍

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 1:29 am

Simply stunning... congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 9:14 am

A huge congrats for the blue whale ! This one has to be the "final boss" of every mainstream collector, it's the absolute holy grail. However, I guess you spent a fortune on shipping considering the size of the box.

Your new Mojo are nice too, this is maybe the first smilodon that convinces me. I have the old Schleich which I found locally during some figure hunts but it's not as good.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 2:51 pm

Superb display-museum like! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 4:05 pm

What a fantastic display! Great idea to suspend your whales from the ceiling. They really should be displayed like this, as if they are swimming, rather than lying on a shelf. I like the fact that the whales are to scale too. The Kaiyodo blue whale is amazing, a very special model.

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 5:33 am

widukind wrote:
Great catch
Thanks!

Roger wrote:
That's a colossal figure as it should be with such gigantic creature. I really love your whale parade and it is easy to understand all your excitment. Very educative, like in a museum... a dream. cheers
Thank you! I do like to try for the museum look. Happy to hear I've accomplished that with this display.

Joliezac wrote:
WOW! Amazing display!! The massive Kaiyodo blue whale has been a figure I've wanted for awhile now. I'm assuming the figure is not too heavy since it is able to hang from the line? Is it hollow on the inside?

P.S LOVE the print artwork of How to Train Your Dragon on the side

Thank you! Yeah, it's hollow. I don't have an exact weigh, but, it actually weighs less than the Safari humpback whale. Also, I'm happy you noticed the print. Outside of animals and the occasional transformer, How to Train your Dragon is one of my favorite things to collect; especially the rare high-end things.

Bonnie wrote:
Stunning whales, and wow, what a huge box the Kaiyodo one came in! cheers What an outstanding model! Very Happy
Thank you! Yeah, that box was massive, one of the few I've ever seen from a distance when driving home.

Bloodrayne wrote:
Oh wow, insane! Every time I would walk into that room, it would feel to me like walking into a star observatory.

You get to feel how puny human kind actually is when it gets one chance to walk among gods.

Ha, thanks. Looking at the little toob diver, it is kinda crazy to imagine something that big, let alone something alive.

Caracal wrote:
Wonderful models  and display! cheers cheers

Thank you!

landrover wrote:
Splendid aquatic animals.
Congratulations 👍

Thanks, I appreciate the comment.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Simply stunning... congrats!

Thanks, I'm happy it's having the intended "wow" effect.

RtasVadumee wrote:
A huge congrats for the blue whale ! This one has to be the "final boss" of every mainstream collector, it's the absolute holy grail. However, I guess you spent a fortune on shipping considering the size of the box.

Your new Mojo are nice too, this is maybe the first smilodon that convinces me. I have the old Schleich which I found locally during some figure hunts but it's not as good.

I would agree, though, personally, I find the Safari Opossum to be more of a challenge. While the whale's expensive, at least you can find it. Also, apparently, shipping from Japan is more weight based than anything. This was one of three packages and they all cost about the same to ship, and the other two were far smaller.

Taos wrote:
Superb display-museum like! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thanks!

rogerpgvg wrote:
What a fantastic display! Great idea to suspend your whales from the ceiling. They really should be displayed like this, as if they are swimming, rather than lying on a shelf. I like the fact that the whales are to scale too. The Kaiyodo blue whale is amazing, a very special model.

Thank you. I found the idea really cool, I used to have some of my whales just lying on the shelf and that felt...wrong. So, I make it a habit to ensure almost none of my marine life is lying like that.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 3:23 am

Wow! This is a totally mindblowing display, great job! cheers

Keep your eye on Shopgoodwill; I've seen the possum there before. I've found rare pieces at local thrift stores before too.
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 7:01 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Wow! This is a totally mindblowing display, great job! cheers

Keep your eye on Shopgoodwill; I've seen the possum there before. I've found rare pieces at local thrift stores before too.

Thank you! I keep checking shopgoodwill, but never seem to have any luck. Though, I feel like I may be using the wrong search words.

So, after adding the whales, I've dusted and remodeled my extant animal shelves, and I'd like to share them.

First up, the marine animals have gotten a bit of a makeover and a good dusting, even if there's already some build up in these pictures.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next, the real makeover: the non-marine animal shelves (even though there is a marine Iguana on it)! I've added a few more tiers here and extended the shelves out, so I can temporarily pretend like there is actually space for all these figures.

Let me know what you think. I'm tempted to say the (mostly) land animal shelves are a bit excessive, but I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 7:11 pm

All I can say is that these photos are awesome! Really nicely done displays and model selection! But of course, the marine life display always impresses me. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 pm

Stunning once again, I love the way you do the lighting because it really makes the animals stand out in the room, as though you're looking into a different animal filled section if that makes sense! cheers
Back to top Go down
Markus

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 pm

Awesone! Which one is that asian elephant??

Edit: I see it's the Safari's, but yours look much better than the one in TAI!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 2:36 am

such splendid displays! you really have a good eye for displaying them all together. I like the small lighting strips above the sea creatures - it makes it look like the sunlight is glinting down into the depths, plus the blue/grey behind, like under the ocean!
and I like the wall colours too by the land animals and the dark boxes they are placed on.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 3:24 am

I really love the displays you have! I like the darker tiered shelves for the animals, I think it makes them pop more. You have a great selection of figures and I especially love how you have the marine figures hanging or on clear stands so that it looks like they are swimming. I would love to start hanging some of my figures such as birds and ocean figures, it really looks so much better than them just sitting plainly on the shelf!
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 3:26 am

Both shelves look so great now.
I love how you display the blue whale.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 am

Your whole setup is impressive, but it's the marine display I'm in love with.

I search Safari, Schleich, toy animal, and plastic animal on Shopgoodwill. If you're looking for a certain group, you could do something like plastic or toy whale.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Stunning displays!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 11:05 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 8:33 am

Hi all,

Sorry for taking so long to update, but as I've said in my Transformers thread, I've been a little distracted from online stuff. Anyway, now that I'm back, I wanted to share some figures I received recently.

Firstly, after much hemming and hawing, I finally pulled the trigger on some figures I'd been eyeing on eBay for some time. Coincidentally, I bought these off [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] without even knowing, so, I'd like to thank her for how nicely they were packed and for giving me such a great deal for them.

Schleich's Squirrel Monkey was a figure I thought I would regret purchasing. The sculpt seemed a bit too "simplistic," even for a relatively tiny figure; but, I think it looks a lot nicer in hand. It may be a little too big to scale with much of anything, still, I think this one is the best choice, at least as far as I've seen. The whole reason I purchased this model was that I met some of these timid and incredibly tiny primates at the Oakland Zoo over the summer, and it does a great job reminding me of those cute little guys.

Speaking of animals I've met, I also got this Kaiyodo hedgehog and sugar glider set. While the hedgehogs are really cute and incredibly well-made, I do have to admit that I mostly bought this bunch for the sugar glider. I visited my cousin for the first time in a while a couple of months back and she was very excited to show her animals to me. I met her desert tortoise and some wonderful chickens. As an aside, have you ever held a live chicken? It is honestly one of the weirdest things ever. Anyway, the last animal I encountered was a lovely little sugar glider named "Phanny." She was so sweet, even if she pooped on my arm and made my wrist bleed. Still, she obviously had an effect on me, as I instantly started to look for a figure. Of course, when it comes to detailed models of smaller species, Kaiyodo is second to none. I'm in love with how well-done this one is. It's clearly a bit more expensive a model, as it doesn't feature the same materials that many small Kaiyodo models use.

I'd been watching these Monterey Bay Sea Otters for some time, and I have to say, they don't disappoint. I have always had a fondness for sea otters. Coincidentally, I have a distinct childhood memory of seeing them when my family took a trip to Monterey Bay and visited the aforementioned aquarium (that was nearly 20 years ago...). That, and I'll take any excuse to add a new Forest Rogers piece to my collection. This really is a type of figure that's so rare; we don't really see these somewhat complex scenes in western models and I love it (I can only buy so many "one leg forward head turned to the left" poses). Really, these two are some of the newest "prized possessions" in my collection and will make such a lovely addition to the marine shelf.  

Similar to the Squirrel Monkey, I was a little wary of these Schleich Raccoons. I've bought Mojo's and Safari's and found both lacking in some way, they were either too big or too small or had some other issue. These looked to continue that tradition of not being quite right, and, while they do suffer a bit from a slightly "cartoony" style, they sell it well. Maybe cartoony is being a bit harsh, but the faces do feature a bit more expressiveness than I'm used to in a figure. Still, that part of me needs to shut up, because, in all honesty, I'm a little blown away by these. The mother is just so well detailed and there's a real motion to her sculpt, which does a great job of conveying her as a real animal. The babies too are just fantastic. I love how they're playing; as I said, I love a good diorama. It's just so interesting to see these animals portrayed in a way that doesn't make them out to be worthless vermin, which is the sort of attitude I often see expressed towards the wildlife that lives around me. Mountain lions, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, etc., all are so quickly dismissed as problems to be solved and gotten rid of. It's weird that this figure evokes these kinds of feelings, but yeah, it does.

Anyway, here's the ever-growing collection of my local fauna, aka the "Backyard Squad."

Somewhat less excitingly, this Safari Greater Roadrunner, which was not part of the box from Teardrop, arrived on the same day. I don't know how rare this figure is, but it was not one I knew existed before I saw the auction for it. Luckily, I didn't pay too much either way. Still, this is a really nice figure, which, isn't too shocking, considering how nice Safari's birds tend to be. I'm also happy to own another native child of the golden state; the species is even called Geococcyx californianus, so that's really cool.
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 10:36 am

How can you say the roadrunner is less exciting ?!!

I would sell the shirt off my back for one.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 10:41 am

So many wonderful models from a wonderful member- that sugar glider is amazing, so detailed and incredibly realistic! cheers cheers I love the raccoons too, they have so much character whilst still being realistic! Very Happy
I have my own chickens so definitely know what it feels like to hold a real one! It's an amazing experience actually, definitely weird at first but friendly chickens seem to love a good cuddle! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 11:14 am

No, that roadrunner is an exciting figure. We don't have any other and this one from Safari is a very cool figure. As you surely know, Looney Tunes turned roadrunners popular creatures due to its funny Beep Beep and for our joy, Safari released one and there's a coyote too. Laughing
It is remarkable how active is Maria on bacstage and how there is a little of Maria in our collections. As I use to say, STS is much more than what we can see.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Phantastic update :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next