Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)

Go down 
+29
bmathison1972
Birdsage
rogerpgvg
Bloodrayne
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
George
RtasVadumee
Jill
Burgerenby
sunny
Seeway
Markus
spacelab
Mitsukuni
costicuba
Ana
Kikimalou
Taos
SUSANNE
Bonnie
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
widukind
Loon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyThu 07 Jul 2022, 22:24

Wonderful  new Mojo batch! I need this mammoth! Uts pose is so natural! cheers cheers 

Big congrats for these Eofauna proboscideans too! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 05:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have to agree. The paint on the CollectA barn owl is so stunning, especially for a figure not much bigger than some toob minis. I've been trying with the idea of commissioning some repaints of my extant animals, and this Mojo figure might be in the running.

Since both you and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wanted one, here's a comparison shot with the Eofauna and CollectA proboscideans:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, thanks to everyone else for commenting. Happy I could share these guys with you all.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 09:40

Thanks for such a useful comparison picture. It seems the Mojö model is around 1:40 scale? It surely looks great among your proboscidians.
I'd say early Mojo batches and late Papo ones are often good candidats for repaints. I'd love to see a repainted version of the Mojö barn owl since it has a lot of potential.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 11:45

the Mojo mammoth is much better than I thought; initial promo pics didn't do it justice.

Interestingly, however, this is the second year in a row with nothing from Mojo for me :)
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Loon's Display Update (August 16, 2022)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 04:03

My display has been in disarray for some time now. The problem with putting basically everything on shelves is that you eventually have to dust it and that's quite the task. I promised myself I'd do it once school got out, but summer came and went. This problem was compounded by me placing new stuff wherever there was space for them to stand. I finally got my act together last week. My sister was coming over, I had a new centerpiece to display, and I just could no longer live with a room that messy.

I'm sure many of you have seen most of this before. But it's relatively rare for it to look this nice and I don't know how long that will last, so I took some pictures. It's just a thing I do. Not all of these are dinosaurs or prehistoric, some aren't even animals, but I don't really share my collection in non-animal focused spaces and wanted to share them somewhere, so hopefully you don't mind looking at some of the other nonsense I waste my hard-earned money on.

Modern Marine Life

My new centerpiece, the Taka Corp Toothless and Hiccup statue (of course my butterfingers snapped one of the hairs on Hiccup's head, but, hey, that's what super glue is for)

Sideshow Collectibles Toothless Statue Bootleg

Mesozoic Marine Life

Protoceratops and adjacent character(s)

Hyenas and some large scale animals

Mattel Jurassic Park

Paleozoic

Triassic

Jurassic Europe, Africa, South America, and China

Morrison Formation

Cretaceous Asia and Europe (with a small cameo)

Cretaceous Americas, Korea, and Africa

Cretaceous basically everywhere

Late Cretaceous Canada

Late Cretaceous Asia and Madagascar

Late Cretaceous America

Modern Animals

Misc. nonsense

Paleogene

Neogene

Quaternary

Transformers

Anyway, thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 04:52

Wow that first image of your whole room is fantastic!! I really love the way you display your collection, everything is so neat and organized.

First off, I LOVE that Hiccup & Toothless statue, its huge!! It makes the Kaiyodo blue whale look tiny. I bought Sideshow Collectibles' hidden world Toothless & Light Fury statues and they are fantastic!! I have the night lights on preorder so I'm hoping they're out soon.

I accidentally snapped the end of Toothless' wing upward and its horribly crooked now but I'm too scared to try to fix it because the wire is so thin inside I don't want to break it.

Again your Extant animal collection is my favorite and I love how they are displayed. I don't have very many Japanese/Chinese figures so its great to see all the wonderfully detailed ones you have.

And of course great Jurassic Park collection! I love the baby stego with Sarah, I didn't notice it before I love you

I know nothing about transformers but my uncle has hundreds of them so maybe when I see him again I'll show him some of yours!

Awesome collection, thanks for sharing!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 05:33

When I get to display my models again far in the future I hope you won't mind playing 20 questions with me... I really like the aesthetic of your displays. 

Firstly, the primary thing I noticed in pic 1 was your new Hiccup and Toothless statue. Congratulations! 

Next I love your whole collection but your prehistorics are always so intriguing to view. You have several species I wish were more common, as I can't afford the superb special sculpted models. Your extant mammals, especially your whale display, are still stellar! 

What is the old timey interpretation of iguanodon model? Brand etc... I would like to get one. I enjoy the "innaccurate" models of dinos too because at the time, that was humans trying to understand them for the first time. 100 years from now, people will feel the same way about what we currently think is correct about those animals!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 11:00

What a fantastic collection! I love the way you have displayed it. The Jurassic Park stuff is cool. What kind of bird do you have?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 14:28

Beautiful display, Loon!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 19:21

Superb display!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2022, 02:06

Thanks, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I feel you there. Resin statues require such a delicate touch, and I, a measley toy collector, do not posses that touch.

Unfortunately, Asian species tend to get the short end of the stick I feel. We usually are overwhelmed with their American or African counterparts. You really have to import them to get a good representation, and still, they tend to be smaller models than I would prefer. But, I don't mind, they're really beautiful.

That Sarah Harding is one of the most recent additions to the Jurassic Park display. It's definitely my least favorite of the first 3, but I still enjoy what she specifically brings as a character to the franchise.

As for the Transformers, I'm sure your uncle's collection is vastly superior. Most of my figures are relatively easy to get and recent. I used to have a larger collection years and years ago, but sold it for, in hindsight, a pretty silly reason.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, and no worries, I still can't get over how massive your collection is and can't wait to see it displayed.

The extant figures pose are always such a challenge to display, since, at least in my case, you can't be too general with where you put them. I'm fine with grouping extinct species together by time and place pretty loosely, but I start to get twitchy when it comes to the specifics countries and environments of my modern Animals. So, while I'm sure there are some species I ought to group better (Africa in particular, as it's hard to keep that display organized), I'm happy you enjoy it.

That Iguanodon was printed based on a model made by Rebecca Groom, the person behind Paleo Plushies, and is apparently based on direct 3D scans of the original Crystal Palace figure. I got mine off eBay, but the seller, Relics of Gaia is now only selling them through their Etsy: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's definitely the best representation of that statue out their, and I'm excited that she looks to be doing figures of more of those reconstructions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you! She's a cockatiel and her name is Huxley. I've had her for about 6 years now and she's really great. Very smart, but incredibly noisy. But she's a bird, so that's expected.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2022, 02:15

Just incredible! Applause I love the lighted cubbies. What a beautiful exhibit space, and really stunning choice models for the species.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2022, 10:01

Very beautiful collection and display! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2022, 13:54

Caracal wrote:
Very beautiful collection and display! cheers cheers

Very Happy Applause sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022, 11:19

Wonderful room :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2022, 00:55

what a fantastic display (as always!!) Thank you for sharing!
I took ages looking at each pic. It's fascinating how you have them sorted by each time period.
Your displays just look so attractive. I think the lighting on each shelf helps a lot to enhance them.

I have some nigh fury models too (just plastic ones). I really love that little dragon too!

And how wonderful to see your quarrion Huxley! I have had a few quarrions. They are exceptional birds - fun, curious, intelligent!
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Loon's Collection: Safari 2022 Wave 2 (August 27)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 08:10

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! I appreciate the kind words.

Alright, the second batch (I think?) of new Safari Ltd. figures released and of course I jumped on that, so, here they all are.

Unfortunately, and this really stinks, they came in maybe the most cramped package I've ever got. I've had issues with Safari's shipping before, but this was something else. The box was only bigger than the largest figures by millimeters (slight exaggeration there). The only protection the figures had was their baggies and that wasn't enough to prevent a few nasty scrapes.

Salmon Shark
One thing I love about sharks is the diversity you get from them. I'm not a fish guy by any stretch, but I love sharks for some reason. It may sound weird, but you gotta respect them. Doing basically the same thing for hundreds of millions of years and still finding ways to innovate. It's a good work ethic.

That being said, my love for sharks is very general. I have a select few species I know well and the rest I buy on a "whichever one David Attenborough told me about last" basis. This salmon shark is an exception, as I became interested only after I bought the figure, which, I guess is the whole point of these educational toys. Side note, I can't tell you how cool it was to see footage of sharks swimming along the coasts of forests.

Safari tends to nail their shark figures and this is one of my favorites from the past few years. Unfortunately, mine does have the aforementioned scars, but oh well, that's not a slight on the figure. The paint is just gorgeous. This species has such a lovely set of colors to begin with, and I think that comes through on the toy.

Crested Gecko
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a dirty heathen who quickly loses interest in an animal figure if it has anything to do with domestication or being a pet. Luckily, I have enough sense to know that's silly and have gotten quite a few fantastic figures of domaisticated or pet animals. This Crested Gecko is among them.

I've gotten into larger scale models relatively recently and I knew I had to add this one to that collection as soon as it was announced. Shame I couldn't say the same for the agama. It's a great sculpt and the paint is definitely very realistic, if simple. I hope that makes sense. Those eyes are something else; the gloss and the veins are so well done.

Baby Alligator
This one's another homerun for the roughly life-size reptile figures. I don't like to associate brands with types of figures, but it happens. Like, I think CollectA is the GOAT when it comes to ungulates (I'm sorry for that pun). Safari to me, has always been the go-to company for alligators. Big shock. A company from Florida making great alligators.

This guy is so charming. People say to be wary of a crocodile smile (alligator smile just doesn't sound as good), but I can't resist this little one's face. It's a very characterful sculpt. I can see it coming off as a bit stylized; but something about the angular look works for me.

Nanotyrannus
Have you ever bought a figure that is exactly what you expected? Yeah, that's this Nanotyrannus, or as autocorrect edits it, "nano tyrannosaurus." Very helpful. Anyway, I wasn't planning on buying this model, but I had basically gotten all the other new dinosaurs, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I don't want to be too harsh, but I would probably say this Safari's worst prehistoric model in some time. Those colors and the very toyetic stripes don't do this figure any favors. It doesn't help that the sculpt has this out-of-focus look. Maybe "worst" is too much, but it just doesn't impress.

There are good things, like the head. It has a nice shape, very evocative of the the beautiful long snout of a juvenile Tyrannosaurus (don't @ me). The body proportions are also top notch. It has a girth like the larger Tyrannosaurus, but still retains the visibly longer limbs.

Zuul
Zuul was definitely the figure I wanted most from this recent wave. The beautiful blue and green color scheme was just… chef's kiss. But, in hand, it's just a bit bland. The blue is either incredibly subtle or absent all together (I must be colorblind, because I really can't tell). It reminds me a lot of a late 2000s Safari figure, like the Kentrosaurus.

Paint aside, the sculpt is amazing. I always love an ankylosaur that looks like it's struggling to keep its body above the ground. Maybe I'm crazy, but when I look back at the old Safari Sauropelta (one of my all time favorites BTW), I really see how much Doug Watson has advanced in his style.

Albertosaurus
I realized that I have a bad habit of owning a figure and then selling it, only to come to the conclusion that it's utterly fantastic and I need it back in my life. It's rare for me to consider a toy an "all timer" right when I get it. But…hooo boy….this figure…

I'm a sucker for a crazy color scheme, and was content to accept that over the top colors rarely belong to what people would consider "good figures." Well, well, well. No longer! Those mint greens and yellow brown just work. It's a goofy look (maybe), but doesn't scream toy like the Nanotyrannus. I'm also drawn to the darker head, which seems like the inverse of how these more vibrant color schemes usually work.

This is a nice big figure, and that has definitely let Watson shine. The scales and clear and anatomy is picked out pretty well. You get that Gorgosaurus-esque skull, but it's not as tapered and the long legs look very athletic. It says something when a 4 inch tall toy can intimidate you. Doug Watson is operating at full power here and I love it.

Yutyrannus
This one is a bit of a tangent, but it also came in that package, so it's relevant. I've had the PNSO Yutyrannus for a bit and, I don't know, it's never say completely right with me. Maybe it's the head or the extreme pose making one of those annoying stands a necessity, but it's not my favorite. I think I got caught up in that "new toy smell" and my horrible habit of one figure per species, so I sold the Safari figure. I'm happy to have it back, it's a bit of an icon to me. Luckily for the PNSO, I love Yutyrannus, so there may just be enough room for it as well.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 08:37

Very Happy Applause cheers
Thanks for sharing I love the salmon shark and the beautifully painted baby alligator both!
They will undoubtedly be in my collection Smile bounce drunken flower
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 11:29

Nice, Loon! I wait for Safari to come to Happy Hen Toys, so I just ordered the salmon shark, but the Zuul and Albertosaurus will have to wait...
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 14:13

Great additions! I'm very surprised that Safari shipped figures in a cramped box like that. I order from them many times and they always come in the same large box with lots of paper inside to cushion the figures.

I didn't even know what a salmon shark was until Safari announced it, I'll have to watch some videos about it.

I've never been a fan of Safari dinos and I only have a handful in my collection but I really like the Albertosaurus!

I eagerly await the release of their okapi, anaconda, & Toobs!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 17:54

Superb additions! I repainted a white shark into a salmon shark, she awaits a new friend. The gecko and gator baby are stunning! The dinos are rather nice. I agree the paint work on the Nano is a huge let down... maybe some new customizations can save it. The Zuul reminds me of early models too, but only because of the paint work. The Albertosaurus is a home run! Congrats on the Yutyrranus too. Lovely model I recently acquired too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 18:08

Beautieful additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Aug 2022, 20:02

I still think zuul is a nice model, but the color scheme is reflective of this older model for me:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022, 16:36

It's really nice to see your clear passion for these figures and dedication to collecting from how much you have to say about each one! cheers I love analysing figures like this in the same way so found it interesting to read your comments! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 EmptyMon 05 Sep 2022, 07:49

Thanks for the replies everyone. As usual my response is way overdue, but when I get busy, the forum is one of the last things on my mind. Still, I'm happy to see my pics helped some of you come to a conclusion about these new figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Carnegie Ankylosaurus is a close match, I have to admit. But, since I posted this, I found what the Zuul reminded me of. It's this TOOB(?) figure:

Though, I have to admit, my feelings on the paint have changed. I can appreciate what they were going for, even if it's a bit simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next