Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 10:16 am

For a lover of small figures, Play Visions is a dream. Congratulations for getting so many new models.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 11:34 am

It's wonderful to see you back with so many new wonderful models! cheers
But wow, I must comment on those Play Visions dogs, what an incredible find! affraid They are so so rare and yet beautifully made, hand-painted and combining a small size with lots of detail! The Chow Chow is absolutely gorgeous, I think this brand have done so well with capturing that face they have and all that brown fluff! And the rottie is wonderful too, I still can't believe you have found them, I have spent ages searching! You're definitely very good at finding rarities like these! Very Happy I'd be really interested to know where you found them, were they on Ebay? Did the seller know they were PV/ have them listed as PV dogs, or just dog figures? I'd love to know if possible! sunny
But lovely to see you back and with all these interesting models, I'm sure you'll enjoy them! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 3:31 pm

The dogs are really great models,congrats!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Thanks everyone! I missed being here!

Bonnie wrote:
Very Happy I'd be really interested to know where you found them, were they on Ebay? Did the seller know they were PV/ have them listed as PV dogs, or just dog figures? I'd love to know if possible! sunny
Yes, they were ebay finds! They were listed (and priced) as Play Visions. The seller is from Bulgaria (not sure if they are a member here??) and had several models for sale (I believe they still have a set of the turtles for sale, and I accidentally forgot to put the grizzly in my cart when I was purchasing, whoops!). I did have to set aside a tidy little handful of funds for these, but I'm seeing that is not uncommon for the brand! I think they're worth it. :)

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
There are 2 versions of the wild dog, both are quite nice.
Ah, I love them both! This one is the Serengeti Wildlife one it seems, with the less realistic markings.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Jill wrote:

Bonnie wrote:
Very Happy I'd be really interested to know where you found them, were they on Ebay? Did the seller know they were PV/ have them listed as PV dogs, or just dog figures? I'd love to know if possible! sunny
Yes, they were ebay finds! They were listed (and priced) as Play Visions. The seller is from Bulgaria (not sure if they are a member here??) and had several models for sale (I believe they still have a set of the turtles for sale, and I accidentally forgot to put the grizzly in my cart when I was purchasing, whoops!). I did have to set aside a tidy little handful of funds for these, but I'm seeing that is not uncommon for the brand! I think they're worth it. :)  
Definitely worth it! Very Happy Thank you so much for the information! sunny A Bulgarian seller, I wonder if it could be  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Very nice additions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 pm

I know I just updated, but today I got some more small shelves and was able to display some more minis! AND I got some new minis to go in them! I immediately ran out of room before getting even close to all my favorites out, but at least my Play Visions and Yowies and some Club Earth have a spot. For now. Until I get more. Laughing

They don't all fit exactly. The sea cow, for instance, is leaping to freedom. But for the most part, it works really well.

The Play Visions wildcats and Siamese also arrived today, from WhiteLightningWolf. I love you Lovely to have a complete set, and such a nice one! The clouded leopard is my favorite. And now I even have a few doubles, that perhaps I can someday trade . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 9:31 pm

I love these displays, they're perfect for little animal figures! cheers Wonderful rare new additions too! The dogs on these shelves really stand out to me, especially the PV pair, beautiful! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Fallon, how our friend is known among us, is surely one of the best partners to find this kind of figures. She is a miracle in this hobby. It all looks wonderful displayed like that.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 pm

Great Play Visions collection!

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:53 pm

Thank you all!

Roger wrote:
Fallon, how our friend is known among us, is surely one of the best partners to find this kind of figures. She is a miracle in this hobby. It all looks wonderful displayed like that.
I have admired many of her auctions! I keep watching to see if any more Play Visions or Club Earth will appear. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 11:51 pm

such beautiful little shelves! I love them.
And the Siamese cat, snow leopard and axolotl are really nice! well done on your growing family Jill :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am

Cool shelves

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Thank you both! I do love that axolotl an extraordinary amount.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Gorgeous! Really fantastic displays (I may need to steal this idea...) and splendid new models. Congrats on all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:28 am

October was a real lucky month for finding little animals, I have to say. More than once I found something I didn't think I would get a chance to add to my collection for a long time, either because it seemed like something that was proving hard to find (I still don't have much sense of what is rare and what isn't), or because of price and shipping. But I had a chance to add several of those things this month - but my first very exciting addition to show off is . . . a light box! Modeled here by good old Oliver, my first custom since I was a kid, haha.

I did entertain the idea that my bad photography would suddenly become excellent just because of the light box, but of course like all tools, turns out you do have to learn to use them correctly. Also my house is just very dark, and though the light box helps immensely, it can't correct that completely. So I've been experimenting with where to place it to get the most ambient natural light in addition to the ring light, as well as experimenting with . . . everything. I haven't nailed it yet, as evidenced by how dark poor Oliver still looks, but it's already a huge improvement for my photos. I just wonder why it came with a textured fabric instead of smooth. It looks like they are standing on paper towels. Razz

So the light box is an exciting addition to my collection, because I feel like I can document what's in it in a much more pleasing way. But here are the real heroes of the month . . .

Weird tiny cats! Never enough of those. Murder Cat on the far left is the reason I bought the set, but really, all of them are champions. The Persian in the front in particular, like a tiny Chewbacca.

Got to add a few more tiny celluloid dogs from Japan to my growing pack, too. These are really nice, I have tried and tried to get good shots of them, but maybe because of their off white color it has been hard. They are very detailed. Terriers, a collie, and a spitz of some kind of course, those seem to be favorites, but also the spaniel is interesting. Not sure exactly what breed it's meant to be. Cocker, I guess!

And some more Yowies! The pangolin in particular was one I was after, but I also really like that crayfish.

And the authentics polar set! Really like all of these guys, especially the worried fox and the smiling walrus.

And a couple more of the PEC set that I like so well, because it's so weird.

Also VERY exciting, a few more Play Visions! sunny This is a great set and now I'm missing just three of them.

But here's where I got really excited. Very, very early on when I was searching the internet for information about the tiny horses I had found in a box, before I found this forum, I stumbled on a picture of the Club Earth Extinct quagga. I didn't know anything about the set or the brand, but I put it on my list of most favorite little models I had seen so far. Still true! After finding two of the three sets early on, I figured it would take me a long while to find the last ones, because I had used up my good fortune. Laughing But then this guy popped up all by himself, not very cheap BUT I couldn't pass it up! Now, if it goes like other things I have found, I will now find a whole bunch of them listed at much lower prices. Wink

My other super exciting October purchase came after I was admiring several different threads featuring starlux figures. I finally just caved and looked them up on ebay. Most of course had shipping that was way, way out of my price range, but for whatever reason, a few of them were actually reasonable shipping. They were some of the models I had been admiring, to top it off! So I dug down into my wallet preeeettty far and treated myself to some vintage beauties. I don't know when or if more friends will join them, but for now, they have a very special place in my collection. Not all starlux, but all lovely! I can't pick a favorite. (I couldn't decide which okapi I wanted, and I am glad I decided to get both.) I have to also extend a thanks to the seller, whoever they are. There was a little bit of language barrier, but their English was excellent and my French of course is non-existent, and they very patiently answered my repeat questions in several ways until I understood.  Embarassed

And last but not least, some of the extras that came with these. The spectacled bear and painted dog aren't marked, but I just really like them, I wish I knew a little more about them. If anyone has seen them before, please let me know!

I have a few more things I have very excited about coming this way as my October luck wanes, but . . . will save them for November . . .

Last edited by Jill on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:49 am

So many wonderful figures, big congrats! I really like those clear shelves you have for your smaller figures in the previous post too!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:18 am

Jill wrote:

such a beautiful little Quagga ! well done there Jill !
and the cat with the red face haha! so cute Very Happy
and I love your Starlux figures, wonderful choices:)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:51 am

Oh Jill, superb models! So many I can't even focus on all my comments in my head...CONGRATS on so many lovelies! The oldies, the newbies, the OOOOLDIES! Great detective work. It is hard to tell from the angle, but the Japanese spaniel could be a clumber, they have short legs! That is the dog breed that won the Westminster dog show the year I was born. Wink I consider my spirit dog.  Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:35 am

I love that sunfish.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 7:14 am

Phantastic newcomers, exactly my taste. I hope you find out more about the bear and the dog, because it is also very interesting for me :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 10:46 am

Wow, how wonderful it must feel to have been so lucky with all these models! cheers You definitely deserve it, such a fantastic group! sunny
Those cats are so interesting, I wonder if there is a dog version! Shocked I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but Paige has just posted lots of mini animals on her trade topic and I'm sure some of the cats had the same moulds as these! Very Happy The quagga is a real achievement! And I love that Starlux fox, so elegant and dainty with that beautiful pose! cheers
And the dogs! bounce I can see why you love little celluloid Japanese dogs, these ones are so sweet, probably quite rare being vintage models and really detailed for such small dogs! cheers I'd agree with Paige that the spaniel could be a clumber- what an adorable model, I love the detail of the extra folds of skin around his eyebrows, makes him look really lovable! drunken And the spitz has such an alert look about him- and I love all that fluff! Really nice terriers too, they look very perky and make a great pair! And of course the collie is my favourite, lovely dogs and this model is so sweet! sunny
And I'm well aware of the confusions of communicating in another language! Laughing French, German, Spanish- I have had to do my best with all these languages for some dog figures! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 2:34 pm

Big congratulation for your newcomers, I'm especially happy you enjoyed the old French stuff  cheers

The ones you can see on this pic aren't Starlux, the Fallow deer is a beautidul Hausser Elastolin 54mm and the others are Clairet  sunny  Lucky you  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 9:27 pm

I think the most noticiable fact is that you're adding the vintage 54mm scale figures in your collection. Starlux, Clairet and Hausser and especially beautiful ones. I love the fallow, okapi and of course the Starlux fox.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 pm

Superb additions and many congrats.Would agree with Paige and Bonnie on the Spaniel being a Clumber!The terriers look like a Scottie and a Sealyham.The spitz could be a Japanese one or possibly a Chow before we exaggerated them and turned them into animated,stilted balls of fluff!!

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]
Page 7 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next