Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

Katy's little but actively growing collection Empty
PostSubject: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 pm

Hello everyone!
I just thought that I would present you my collection. It is relatively small compared to the collections of other forum members with a little bit under 300 models and consists currently 90% out of Schleich. Many of us collectors have a certain goal or "theme" after what we set up our collections. Some collect one model per species, others certain types of animals like only horses, prehistoric creatures or canines and some just what catches their eyes. I collect pretty much everything from extant animals over prehistoric creatures to fantasy but currently my focus lies on extant animals (mostly mammals (horses)) and fantasy creatures. And since the very beginning of my "career" I am a family collector or a three per species/breed collector Laughing . Well OK, it doesn't quite always work out with the limitation of three family members as you will see further. And in many cases our beloved companies just don't make enough renditions so that I can't collect a family and that way have only a couple or even only one lonely animal (like my poor Schleich Quokka) in my collection.
But anyway, enough talking let's begin. I will start with my horses as all of them have names and character backgrounds. As a child I imagined that all of my animals live in a huge kingdom ruled by the lion family (as the lion is often the king of the animals in all sorts of folklore) but the animals themself are separated additionally in further smaller kingdoms like the equine kingdom, avian kingdom, reptilian kingdom and so on. All of the animals live together in peace and harmony and are not allowed to hunt down animals from the "major brands" kingdom, but have to search their prey in other regions (companies) like Lego, Playmobil or copy-brands.
So let's visit the equine kingdom.
Here is the first couple: the Falabellas
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I initially hoped to present the whole family but the foal was already sold out unfortunately at the place where I ordered the mare. But hopefully I will be able to hunt it down someday.
13278 Falabella
Here is the black leopard spotted (at least I think that it is meant to be black) Falabella sculpted in 2003 and released in 2004. My model was made in Germany. Technically this little one is a gelding as before 2006 Schleich did not release actual stallions and only declared them as such (e.g. the 2004/2005 Lipizzaner stallion or the 2000/2001 Arabian stallion) but because my animals are technically wild there are no geldings or any other sort of castrated animals in the kingdoms. So he is a stallion in my collection. I chose him to present first because he was the first ever model horse I got and one of the very first residents of my collection. Just as the only model where I don't remember at all how and from whom I got him. I really like this little pony. He is just super adorable and his mane and tail are very well sculpted in my opinion. His colouring is rather nice too and he is currently the only horse that has brown eyes (or at least one Wink ) in my collection.
The only downside of this model are probably his hooves which are flat gray and not detailed at all but as he is from 2003 it is easily forgivable. Other than that he is a really nice model.
His name is Monty and it was not me but my brother who named him. Monty is also his favorite horse in my collection.
A little bit about Monty:
Although Monty is small, he is not afraid at all of the taller horses and animals. He is mostly friendly but can be also quite mischievous from time to time. But not if he is around the royal family. Then he will behave neatly as he has a grate portion of respect towards them (even the foals). He doesn't like foals in general as many of them are noisy and all are taller than him. He feels a little iffy about becoming father but also a little bit happy as he knows that the foal will be certainly smaller than him. Monty loves his little wife to death and is just over the moon that she finally joined him here.
13688 Falabella mare
Here is the flaxen chestnut snowflake spotted (at least I think it's a snowflake pattern) Falabella mare sculpted in 2010 and released in 2011. Mine was made in Germany. This little mare is one of my most recent purchases. She came just two days ago with a whole lot of other models that you will see later, which I got second hand. I really like her. She is just as adorable as her hubby. Her coloring is very nice and I (again) love how her mane and tail are sculpted. Especially the tail looks super fluffy. Unlike her husband she does have detailed hooves.
I decided to call her Violet (like the flower not the colour) just in russian so Фиалка because she looks just as frail as this flower does.
Now a little bit about Violet:
Violet is a calm little mare that is friendly to all creatures of all kingdoms and just as Monty she is not afraid of taller animals. She is befriended with all pony and pony-sized mares but also with the former queen. Unlike her husband she is rather timid and loves foals. She is really excited to become mother as she envied the other mares with foals a little bit. But especially she is happy to be finally with her husband again.
These two are just so cute together I love you
Alright that's enough for today. More to come soon.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 9:17 pm

I can't wait to see your collection! I always liked the original fallabella gelding over the remake. The mare and tiny foal are great additions for any horse lover. Congrats on the mare!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 10:23 pm

On STS all collections are treasured alike regardless of its size. I particularly enjoy watching the first stages of a collection although yours is not that small since you have hundreds of models already. I like the name Violet, it is the name of a song I like so much. flower

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 11:13 pm

It is always a delight to see not only someone's collection but the "play" behind them when they have stories all their own. My Breyer collection from childhood is much the same. These are adorable, I am not very familiar with Schleich so I hadn't seen them before.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 6:10 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I can't wait to see your collection! I always liked the original fallabella gelding over the remake. The mare and tiny foal are great additions for any horse lover. Congrats on the mare!
Thank you!
Yes the mare is super sweet. She and the other models from that lot were kind of a present for myself for finally finishing school. They already were for the most part major "grails" but that makes them even more special.
I really hope to get the foal someday as well.
I probably prefer Monty over the remake either but I like the newer one still quite a bit.

Thank you for your heartwarming comments Roger and Jill!
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 6:47 am

I adore the stories you give them, and their personalities too! It's so sweet and imaginative.
I definitely don't think a 300 model collection is in anyway small- one day I hope to reach that! ^^
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 8:22 am

Oh thank you!
My collection is of course not a beginner collection but compared to the ones from other forum members that partially have over a thousand models it's of course not that big. I'm collecting since I am six years old so some time passed and I am sure that you will reach this amount sometime.
How many models do you have in your collection?
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 10:42 am

I have approximately 180 and growing. I plan to add more to it of course and one day hopefully have a room dedicated to it.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 12:37 pm

So wonderful to see your collection and I love how you are presenting them with a story behind each model, it's something I always did with my dogs too! cheers I cannot wait to see more models, it sounds as though you have an amazing collection with such a variety too- and I love the family idea per species/breed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 9:10 pm

Thank you Bonnie!
I will reach the canine section of my collection at some point but it's pretty small in comparison to my horse section.
I think that I didn't look through your collection thread yet so I'm excited to see your ideas for your dogs!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Alright, here comes the next batch.
Today I want to show you the horses that currently don't have any family members.

13810 Clydesdale foal
Here we have the bay sabino Clydesdale foal sculpted in 2015 and released in 2016. My model was made in China. Like most Schleich foals this mold is gender less and in my collection I have it as a filly. This girl was my first ever drafter after years of collecting and I actually didn't expect to get her so soon. She was a surprise Christmas gift and I was really happy when I got her out of the bag. The mold looks super sweet and gentle. I really like the fact that they made her not a solid bay but added little belly patches, high leg markings and a wide blaze that ends in a pink muzzle so that she can "go through" as a sabino. Her shading is quite nice as well, they made her even darker on her back. I mostly don't like any kinds of braids in the foal's manes and tails but her bow doesn't bother me at all. The red goes really well with her coatcolour and it makes her even cuter. But my favorite part of her must be her little beard❤ Such a lovely detail.
I decided to name her Cassiopeia for no reason at all. The name just stuck to her and I think that it suits her well actually.
Now a little bit about Cassiopeia:
Cassiopeia or simply Cassy is a rather calm and gentle filly. She is a little bit shy and mostly stays close to her current foster mother. Her best friend is the Shire foal Zelda with whom she likes to gallop around some times. From time to time she plays also with her foster mother's grandfoals but they are mostly a little bit too wild for her. Cassy is friendly too all creatures of all kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.
13272 Shire foal
Here is the bay shire foal sculpted in 2002 and released in 2003. Mine was made in China. Just like the Clydesdale foal it is gender less and I have it as a filly in my collection. She is currently the oldest mould in my equine collection. I really like the star and the pink spot on her muzzle. It just makes her look very sweet. Her colouring overall is rather nice as well but her fur texture is a little bit strange though it is a step up from their earlier completely smooth texture. Mine is a slightly strange variation. The models that I saw in other collection normally have a rather bold white colouring around their muzzles while mine has practically no white around her muzzle at all.
I never played " Zelda breath of the wild" but I really liked the name Zelda and so I decided to call her like that. I suppose that I associated a German brand of water products called Selda (at least I think that it was called like that) with it and liked the image of calmly floating water which suits her character.
Now a little bit more about Zelda:
Zelda is just like her best friend Cassiopeia a rather calm and gentle foal. But in same time she is more curious and outgoing than her. She likes to wander around the territory and to make friends with other creatures. Later she would return to her current foster mother and tell her about her explorations. Zelda also tries to encourage Cassy a bit to come with her which works out from time to time. She is friendly and polite to all creatures of all kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.
Here are our best friends together
One thing I noticed about these two is that Zelda's eyes are quite a bit smaller than Cassy's.

Bullyland 62734 Camargue yearling
Here we have Bullyland's chestnut-going-grey Camargue yearling released in 2014. My model was made in China. The mould is gender less and I decided to have it as colt. I haven't seen this model around too often and expected it to be a little bit bigger as Bullyland models tend to be bigger than Schleich models in general. But as Camargue Horses are practically a pony-sized breed his size is quite fine. I love his colouring except the strange orangy patches on his face and his pose is quite fun as well. I am always happy when yearlings are released as they are relatively rare on the toy market and so when I found out that Bullyland released a Camargue yearling I just had to get him and I definitely do not regret it.

I decided to call him Cobalt. Even though I associate the colours blue and black with this element I just thought that this name would suit him anyway.
Now a little bit more about his character:
Cobalt is a rather even tempered yearling. He likes to hang out with his yearling friends and help out his current foster parents when they need to. Cobalt is relatively patient but often rather annoyed by some younger and wild foals. He just likes to have his peace but also likes to run around with his friends from time to time. Cobalt is friendly and polite to any creature (except those wild foals) and looks forward to be reunited with his family again.

13898 Black Forest mare
Here is my only Traditional-sized model in my collection, the Schleich 1:9 Miniature Shetland Pony mare *cough* *cough*
Just kidding Wink
Here is the flaxen liver chestnut Black Forest mare sculpted in 2019 and released in 2020. My model is made in Portugal.
I've had not the best start with her. When I placed my order, I actually ordered the older version of the Black Forest mare (that at least looked like a drafter and not a Shetland) but the seller sent me this model. I still remember how disapointed I was back then. But my father contacted them and they refunded us luckily. So I got this girl practically for free.
What should I say about the model... I think I can't really call her a good rendition of a Black Forest Horse. She just doesn't look like a draft horse at all. Though I must admit that her body colouring is amazing. It is super rich and well shaded and I like it that they actually got the hoof colouring right for once. And she has just the sweetest face. Her main and tail are sculpted nicely and if you look closely, you can see all the details the sculptor put into them. But unfortunately they are covered by the white paint they used. As you probably can see in the pictures my model is quite tilt to the side. Especially when you look from the front it looks pretty scary. But she stills stands... I will try to fix it at some point.

I called her Belinda probably because of Belinda Bear out of Peppa Pig. She just looks so chubby that she reminded me of a bear. I have even found  a Mini Shetty that is called like that.
Now a little bit more about Belinda:  
Belinda is a very gentle and friendly young mare. She is currently in foal and waiting for her husband to come to her. Meanwhile she watches after Zelda the Shire foal. She loves to listen to Zelda's "daily tales" and has really taken the filly into her heart. While Zelda goes exploring Belinda likes to talk to other mares and animals about anything that is on her mind. She is very energetic and is kind to all around her.

70404 Shadow Elf Nuray's Horse
Here is Nuray's black mare sculpted in 2006 and released in 2007. My model is made in China. Don't worry, I have her rider as well but I will show her when we come to my fantasy section. Schleich didn't give her a breed so I decided to put her as an English Thoroughbred. I remember that I was slightly undecided about her breed and I was looking through Identify your Breyer and then read about Zenyatta. That brought me kind of into it and she became a Thoroughbred. She is simply stunning. I love this mould, she looks so sweet. As you can see mine has seen better days but I love her nevertheless. And I am really happy that she wears only a blanket (which is very pretty by the way) and not any kind of tack. I currently don't know who her family will be but let's see what Schleich and CollectA will release next year. Maybe there will be just the perfect stallion for this girl.
Her name is pretty generic, I called her Midnight. But it definitely suits her well.
Now a little bit about Midnight:
Midnight is a slightly snobbish mare. It is a huge honor to become a companion of an Elf and therefore Midnight feels extra special. She loves being with Nuray and ride her through the territory. Midnight doesn't have too many friends. She mostly talks to the magical creatures but is also befriended with the oldest of the horse princesses.

That is the batch for today. It is kind of sad that none of my drafters have families yet but that will hopefully change in the future.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 5:32 pm

Those little shire goals though! I don't think I've seen anything as adorable in a while! ^^ the sheer cuteness!
I can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 5:32 pm

*foals
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 5:50 pm

Yes, Zelda and Cassiopeia (she is actually a Clydesdale) are really sweet. I really love them too.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 10:31 pm

The blanket is a really interesting addition to that sculpt, especially without other tack, as you said. It's very elegant.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 9:43 am

Katy Leven wrote:
Thank you Bonnie!
I will reach the canine section of my collection at some point but it's pretty small in comparison to my horse section.
I think that I didn't look through your collection thread yet so I'm excited to see your ideas for your dogs!
I cannot wait to see it- dog figures are my absolute passion! Very Happy
And thank you for reminding me, I really do need to update my collection topic at some point, it's still very incomplete Wink

And such a lovely update too once again, I love all these horses cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 pm

Thank you Bonnie and Jill!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Next batch!
Today I will present all my mother/father with foal pairs to you.

First pair - the Appaloosas
13731 Appaloosa mare
Here is the chestnut extended blanket Appaloosa mare sculpted in 2012 and released in 2013. My model is made in China. As far as I know this model has three different colourings depending on the country the models were produced in. I must say that this variant is by far my favorite. She was the second mare in my collection. My Grandma gave her to me as a Christmas present many years ago. So she is quite a sentimental model for me and one of my absolute favorite mares in my collection. Her coat colour is made really well. She has rich shading all over her body and I like that her hooves are glossed. It makes them stand out nicely. My favorite part is probably her blaze I love you . And I love her pose. Standing poses can express so much - power, wisdom, serenity... She has just this kind and wise look to her.

I decided to call her Loocie because of "Appaloosa". Yeah... not very creative but I kept it anyway.
Now a little bit more about Loocie:
Loocie is an older member of the equine kingdom. She is calm and patient and likes to keep her filly within reach. She is a rather strict mother but not overly protective. If she sees that Stacey is with her friends, she will let her leave with them, though preferably not too far away from her. When she is not with her filly she talks to her best friend Nora. Loocie is not too keen on humans but very occasionally she allows them to ride on her. She is looking forward to be reunited with her husband again.
13862 Appaloosa filly
Here we the bay blanket Appaloosa foal sculpted in 2017 and released in 2018. Mine was made in China. Schleich sculpted her as a filly. She is a nice model overall. Her colouring is a little bit strange but nicely shaded. The biggest downside in my opinion are her hooves. Really Schleich why? Who came to this glorious idea? Palmface
Otherwise she is a fine model, she looks very cute and curios.
For some reason I decided to call her Anastasia. I really don't know what happened to me that I came to such a decision but I kept the name. For the most part I just call her Stacey (Настя).
Now a little bit more about her character:
Stacey is a gentle and kind little filly. She is a little bit shy but also curios in the same time. Stacey is befriended with most of the foals and likes to roam around the territories. She loves her mother and is looking forward to meet her father someday.
These two are a very sweet pair I love you

Next pair: 42423 Dartmoor mare and foal
42423a Dartmoor Pony mare
Here is the set exclusively coloured Dartmoor Pony mare sculpted in 2017 and released in 2018. My model was made in Tunisia. I don't really know what coat color Schleich was trying to give her. I suppose that she is either a simple light grey or a dominant white. Some suggest that she might be a cremello but cremellos are not white but very light cream coloured.
This girl is unfortunately one of my least favorite models in my model horse collection. I just don't like her mould. She looks kind of strange to me and her face is not very well made either. I bought this set mostly for the foal. And as you can see mine got a not too small paint patch on her white coat next to her tail, not nice. My favorite parts of her are probably her hooves and her swishing tail.
I decided to call her Diamond because of her white coat colour.
Now a little bit more about Diamond:
Diamond is an older member of the equine kingdom. She can be quite moody at times and is very protective of her little filly. She doesn't have too many friends and mostly talks to other pony and pony-sized mares. Diamond is looking forward to be reunited with her husband someday.
42423b Dartmoor Pony foal
Here is the set exclusive Dartmoor Pony foal sculpted in 2017 and released in 2018. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a filly. My model was made in Tunisia. I am not too sure on her coat colour either. She is either a black, a smokey black, a black going grey or a smokey black going grey. I am just really confused by the grey shading they gave her. Anyway I really like this little foal. She is super adorable and I like the little star that she has. Her colouring is nicely done and I like how detailed her fur is.
I decided to call her Dakota for no reason at all. It just came to my mind Smile
And now a little bit more about this little filly:
Dakota is a calm and rather shy foal. Most of the time she prefers to stay close to her mother. Her best friends are other pony and pony-sized foals but from time to time she also likes to play with the drafter foals.  She is kind and friendly to all of the kingdom's creatures and is looking forward to meet her father someday.

We are slowly approaching the crazy families so here comes the Dülmen Wild Horse/Shetland family

42483a Dülmen Wild Horse stallion
Here is the set exclusive bay dun Dülmen wild horse stallion sculpted in 2018 and released in 2019. Mine was made in China. He is so adorable I love you . Really I did not expect to like him that much but I really love this little Pony. He is very nicely shaded and I am really glad that Schleich decided to make a rendition of this breed. I love it that they gave him a two toned mane and tail. He is a proper little dun.
I decided to call him Dundee like the Breyer Dundee. I don't collect Breyers but after studying Identify your Breyer I can easily name all of the Premier Club models (at least with their name, not with the description like "cantering warmblood" for True North). Dundee is one of my favorite Breyer molds and his name has the word "dun" in it witch both my Schleich Dundee and big Breyer Dundee are.
Dundee is unlike his son a rather calm and patient pony. He has a balanced character and has all hooves full to do to look after his little troublemaker. Therefore he misses his wife even more and looks forward to be reunited with her again. Other than that he likes to go through little obstacle courses and doesn't mind at all being pet by humans.

HC magazine 42 83076 Falabella foal "Pip"
Here is the magazine exclusively painted black leopard spotted Shetland pony foal sculpted in 2013 and released in 2022. My model was made in China. The mould is gender less and I have it as a colt in my collection. This little one is my most recent addition to my collection. It was probably my fate to get him. I have seen him several times in Shops and always thought: "No, I don't need him, I don't have a proper family for him anyway". And so he stayed there. But then Schleich released Pixi who has practically the same coat colour as him. I showed Pixi to Dad and asked him too look if he finds her in some grocery shop. And last week he gave me this guy and I love him! This mould is just so adorable he looks so shaggy and fluffy just like a real Shetland pony does. At first I was thinking about leaving him as a Falabella but putting him as a yearling. But after I made a size comparison I quickly let go of this idea Wink  Here is a little comparison picture with Monty for you:
I honestly don't know what the people who decided to make him a Falabella were thinking about... Rolling Eyes
Anyway I really like him and now he is a wild Dülmen Wild Horse and Shetland Pony cross  Laughing
I didn't like his original name Pip too much and decided to rename him. Now he is named Spidey like the Shetland Pony yearling from the "Friesian Horses" channel.
A little about his character:
Spidey is a very active and energetic little colt. He likes to run around the territory and cause a lot of trouble. Spidey is quite mischievous and likes especially to steal food from other horses. Poor Dundee has quite the job to look after him. But he loves his father and likes to help him if he is in need of that. He is actually surprisingly friendly to most of the creatures except to some of the bigger colts that are trying to tease his friends. But despite his small size he is not afraid of anyone and will bite the bigger troublemakers away if he needs to. He is really looking forward to be reunited with his mother again.

These two seem to like each other quite a bit. Maybe when they grow up there will be more than friendship between them.

Alright that's enough for today. More to come soon.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:35 pm

Oh wow- all your tiny foals and fillies are so CUTE!!! Also, I love that Dulmen horse?
Don't think I've ever seen that model before
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 8:14 pm

Thank you, yes they are!

The Dülmen horse was part of the Pony slalom set 42483. The set retired last year but I am sure that you can still get it pretty easily. I definitely can recommend him, he is endlessly adorable.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 3:47 pm

Today I will present my last couple without any other kind of family to you.

The Morgan Horses

I want to give these two a foal but I currently don't know which one it should be. Schleich has never released a Morgan foal, not even as a magazine version and currently there is no Morgan foal available on the market. Maybe next year one of the major brands will release something that I can use as their foal. Until then I am on a lookout.

13869 Morgan Horse stallion
Here is the flaxen liver chestnut Morgan Horse stallion sculpted in 2017 and released in 2018. Mine was made in Tunisia. He probably could also count as a chocolate palomino but as I have another horse with practically the same coatcolour but whose breed standards don't allow cream gene (the gene that makes out of a chestnut a palomino), I decided to keep him as a simple chestnut.
I got these two together as a Christmas gift when they retired and was simply amazed by how well their shading is done. Both models didn't really appeal to me when I saw them online and in the catalogues. I have put them on my wishlist because I wanted them for a series (that I never made and probably never will). But when I pulled them out of their packaging, I just fell in love with their coatcolours. So they slowly grew on me.
The stallion is a nice model overall. He is in a simple standing position and I like that he has horseshoes added on. In German we call the white coluring which is around his muzzle "Mehlmaul" which means literally mealy-muzzle in English. But I don't know how it is actually called in English. I like how calm he looks. He just seems like an older horse to me. And of course his shading is nicely done.

I decided to give him the name "Markus" because I thought that it reflects the calm atmosphere he "creates" well.
Markus is an older member of the equine kingdom. He was the kingdom's former minister and is now enjoying his retirement. Nevertheless he is still a close friend of the former king and his friends. Markus is a calm and patient horse who is friendly to all around him. He is one of the horses that doesn't mind humans at all and even competes, mostly in western disciplines but also as a hunter jumper. Markus loves his wife and enjoys looking after his current foster son Cobalt. He would love to become father one day.

13870 Morgan Horse mare

This is the chestnut Morgan Horse mare sculpted in 2017 and released in 2018. My model was made in Tunisia.
I think I like this girl more than her husband. Her coluring is amazing! The way she is shaded is simply stunning. She is so dark on her back and has a nice colour gradient in her tail. I am not sure if I am so keen on her pose though. She looks kind of long, but that might be only my point of view. Her braids are fine but I might have preferred a loose main. I really like her blaze. Her pink muzzle is probably a little bit too much for me. Unlike her husband she looks like a pretty young horse to me. But I didn't really want to have a huge age gap between them so I decided to leave her in the same age range as him (considering that I don't have a concrete age for any of my models).

I decided to call her Miranda after a character in my stories. For some reason, I generally associate the name Miranda with the colour red. That's why both Miri out of my stories has ginger hair and Schleich Miri is a chestnut mare. She does not reflect her character though.
Now a little bit more about Miranda:
Miranda, sometimes simply called Miri, is an older member of the equine kingdom. She is calm and patient but in the same time very energetic. Just like her husband she loves to compete in western disciplines, with her favorite being western pleasure. When she is not on a ride she looks after her current foster son Cobalt. She has really taken the timid colt into her heart and wishes to become mother herself. Miranda counts as one of the former queen's best friends. She is kind to every creature of every kingdom and is very well liked by most of the equine kingdom's members.

And here a picture with Cobalt

These were all my pairs. Next up are my trios.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 3:53 pm

Those are lovely, I particularly like the shading on the little foal, he's so dark in contrast to the 'parent' horses. A little bit like the Schleich...like the Oldenburger stallion?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 4:24 pm

Yes, Cobalt's shading is simply amazing! I think Bullyland tried to imitate the process of greying out, which is really cool. He might be my favourite Bullyland horse but his concurrent is really strong. Colour wise he definitely is.
He reminds me of the Oldenburger stallion as well.
I had even planned to use Cobalt as a younger version of him in one of my "ideas".
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 4:32 pm

Cute...you definitely could as he looks so like one! ^^
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 3:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next