Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 12:29 pm

Roger wrote:
Nice to see you back with so many great bear figures. In a world where a grizlly and an orix become friends, everything is possible. Very Happy

Thank you Roger!

Yes that's probably true Smile
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 12:22 pm

Here we go again!

So today I will show the first part of my birthday haul to you. Traditionally we'll start of with my new horse additions. This year I was quite lucky with getting models that were on my wishlist for quite some time now and adding some models from brands that weren't represented in my collection yet.
Without further ado let's dive in!

Southlands Replicas sr00015 Brumby foal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here we have Southlands Replicas chestnut Brumby foal moulded in 2017 and released in 2018, sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko. This mould was sculpted as a colt. Mine was made in China.
This little one is my first Sothland Replicas model and sadly probably also the last one. I really wanted to get him as he is the only one of Southlands' Brumby family that was not translated into a Mojo model. Initially I wanted also the original stallion because of his more detailed coat than Mojo's but that will probably not happen anymore.
I really like this little one. He has a very dynamic pose and is very nicely painted. His detailed eyes are a very nice detail especially. It's my fist sculpture by our forum member  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  and I am very pleased with it. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on some of her Mojo models in the future as well.

I called this little one initially "Boomerang" because of his pose but I just found out that his official name is actually "Rusty" and now he will keep his original name. I will safe the name Boomerang for his father.
Now a little more about him:
Rusty is a very energetic little colt. He loves to run around the territories with his friends and is from time to time quite a trouble maker. Rusty is giving the elderly Morgan Horse couple, who decided to watch over him after Cobalt's father arrived, quite a hard time occasionally with his energetic character. But nonetheless they love their little sprinter and are nearly always eager to join him on his adventures. Otherwise Rusty is friendly and polite to all creatures around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his parents sometime.

Next up: my Holsteiners!

42535a Holsteiner mare

Here is Schleich's set exclusively painted chestnut Holsteiner mare moulded in 2017 and released in 2021 as part of the set 42535 "Adventures with car and trailer". Mine was made in China.
I still don't really like this mould but she is definitely painted much better than the original one and what's more important - she stands properly! Not like her poor mother, who has to lean on her family members in order to not to fall down. All in all I like her colouring quite a bit. The blaze and the blue ribbons suit her and I like that her mane and tail are darker than the rest of her body.

I don't remember where I found out that but her original name is supposed to be "Raya" and I decided to keep it.
Now let's get to know her better:
Raya is a friendly young mare. She loves to spend time with her family and enjoys being groomed by her favourite human girl Rumilda. From time to time Raya competes in show jumping but does not enjoy horse sports overall as much as her older sister does. Raya is always kind and polite to the creatures around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her big sister again at some point.

And here we have mother and daughter together

13263 Holsteiner foal

Here is Schleich's chestnut Holsteiner foal moulded in 2001 and released in 2002. This mould seems to be genderless and I keep it as a filly. Mine was made in China.
I wanted to get this little filly since the set from above came out, so for a few years now and I am very happy that she finally found her way into my collection.
This little foal is endlessly adorable  I love you  She looks like a rather young foal to me that wants to stay close to it's mother still. Due to her age her colouring is not as nicely made as on more recent models but I still like the star on her forehead. She is just a very cute little foal  I love you

I decided to call her Gambia like a little miniature Shetland pony mare that I got to know through a youtube channel.
Now a little bit mor about her character:
Gambia is a very shy little filly. Most of the time she likes to stay close to her parents and grandparents but from time to time her uncle convinces her to play with him and his friends. Additionally she likes to watch her parents compete and is dreaming to become such a good sporthorse as her family members are. She is friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to met her aunt and cousin at some point.

Here we have another pic of her and her mother

And here we have the whole family, at least from the Holsteiner's side. Next time you will see that it is actually a bit bigger  Wink

CollectA 88878 Nonius stallion

Here is ColectA's black Nonius stallion moulded in 2019 and released in 2020. Mine was made in China.
I'm so happy that I was finally able to get him  cheers He is my first adult horse by CollectA and I used my chance to get my favourite CollectA's horse mould from all times. I just love his pose  I love you  he looks very dynamic and his black coat colour is really nicely made. It's not the normal flat black but has some nice dark brown hues shining through. I definitely prefer him over the original unicorn mould.
Technically he belongs to my Holsteiner family either but I decided to show him separately today because I still don't have his wife and daughter.

I decided to call him Nox which is the Latin word for Night because of his coat colour.
Now a little bit more about him:
Nox is a kind young stallion. He likes to explore the territories and is currently keeping an eye on a little Irish Cob filly. Nox misses his wife and daughter greatly but prefers to stay away from his family in law even though they seem to accept him more than their other son in law. He doesn't trust humans to much and doesn't enjoy horse sports but prefers to roam freely. Nox is friendly and polite to every creature and is looking forward to be reunited with his beloved wife and daughter.

WIA BE10007 Niklas black

Here we have WIA's black Friesian stallion released in 2023 and sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. Mine was made in China.
Yes, my first WIA model, yay  cheers And of course, it had to be a Friesian (I mean, what else could have been it  Laughing ). Initially I hoped to present also a Nana but my budget didn't fit any other models when I was ordering at MPV so I was only able to get him and another very exciting model. Even though I've seen him on pictures before, I didn't expect him to be that big and especially that heavy. But he is just awesome, a very beautiful and absolutely lovely model  I love you  Mine does have some shiny marks unfortunately but overall he looks simply awesome. I like his pose, he looks just powerful and very calm and gentle, like a loving father. I was also very impressed that his grey hooves are painted correctly (light grey above follwed by a darker grey). Such details definitely justify his slightly higher price. His mane and tail are very nicely made and he's most definitely the horse model with the most detailed eyes in my collection. What a handsome boy  I love you  

As you might know from the model's name, this stallion is officially named Niklas. I liked it but decided to slightly change his name into the Slavic version Nikolai (Николай). It just sounds a little bit more regal to me.
Now a little bit more about his character:
Nikolai, sometimes simply called Nik, is an older member of the equine kingdom. Once he was competing in dressage but now he enjoys his retirement. He loves to watch and play with his grandfoals and simply spending time with his family. With the former king Phoenix he doesn't have the best relationship but they respect each other and let their colts and fillies be together in peace (mostly at least). Nikolai is very proud of his sons and grandfoals and is coming along with all of his daughters in law. The chivalrous stallion is always kind and polite to every creature around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his wife and youngest son at some point.

And now we have a ton of comparison pics with some of my other Friesians in my herd (I decided to not take a picture of the whole family this time, it just takes quite some effort to make them all fit in one space Laughing )

Here is Nikolai with the relatively similar Schleich stallion from 2014:

With the slightly older version from 2009 (his second oldest son Orpheus):

With Schleich's tournament Friesian (his second youngest son Phantom):

With Schleich's Friesian mare from 2013 (his second daughter in law Fiona):

With CollectA's Friesian yearling from 2018 (his oldest grandfoal Ferrum):

And last but not least - with Bullyland's Friesian stallion from 2006 (his oldest son Fog):

At now we come to last model for today (and a very exciting one for me)

Breyer 1482 Brookside Pink Magnum

Here we have Breyer's liver chestnut roan Section B Welsh Pony stallion Brookside Pink Magnum released in 2012. He is a regular run portrait model made on the Bouncer mould which was sculpted by Kathleen Moody and introduced in 2007. This model was made in China.
My first ever Breyer  cheers  And not simply just a Breyer but a Traditional (1:9 model). I said to myself if I ever should have just one Trad in my collection it should be my beloved Brookside Pink Magnum. I remember seeing this models years back in a video when I had absolutely no clue about Breyers and really falling in love in him. And now he is finally in my collection  cheers  He was the second model I ordered at MPV by the way.
He is simply awesome  I love you  I really love this mold, he looks just so adorable and I have a slightly soft spot for Welsh ponies. But the thing that catches me the most is definitely his colouring. He has an amazing coat colour which was rather well excuted in my opinion. I just love roans and especially roans that have a high contrast between base coat and roaning. A very handsome boy and the real horse looks very adorable as well  I love you
This model is definitely the biggest in my collection and was also the most expensive single model I acquired so far (though he is less expensive than practically every other Traditional due to him being rather small compared to most other Traditional moulds). He seemed to be also one of the last on the website so I'm very happy that I was able to get him before he sold out.
And another little sort of funfact: Many people on Youtube tend to like the typical Breyer smell. I must say that I don't like it at all. Schleich models that were stored in a box with no air circulation smell much nicer  Laughing

Here is also (a not very good) picture of the back of his box, so that you can see the real horse. He is quite a small one.

And the last picture for today - a little "sizesandwich". I really don't know how I came to this word, if I heard it somewhere or it simply came up in my mind. But oh well, it is what it is  Laughing  All my birthday horses fit size wise perfectly into a little size pyramid and I noticed some interesting 2 to 4 coincidences:
There are: two black horses - four chestnut horses; two mares - four stallions; two foals - four adults; two without markings - four with markings; two Schleichs and four from different brands.
Or overall an addition of some very nice and models I wished partially for years that I am forever grateful having and being able to have acquired them (very nice English  Laughing )

This is it for today. Next up will be some more horses that already do not belong to my birthday haul though.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 3:34 pm

Those are really great horse, Katy! I enjoy especially that you are venturing outside the Schleich world.
I don't have the Southlands foal, I have the rearing stallion but it has been one of my favorite foal figures of ever.
Something I must get is that WIA Nicklas, I am an enthusiast of CollectA horses and all the diversity of breeds but those WIA are a step forward in terms of sculpting quality. It is not tat Deborah is not as a good sculptor as the ones sculpting for WIA. It is because CollectA retools them for mass production and they do not result as delicate as the WIA models.
That huge Breyer is also stupend! cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 4:55 pm

congratulations on your birthday horses Katy, and happy birthday!

the Breyer model is really very lovely! and I like your little foal by Anna!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 10:54 pm

Roger wrote:
Those are really great horse, Katy! I enjoy especially that you are venturing outside the Schleich world.
I don't have the Southlands foal, I have the rearing stallion but it has been one of my favorite foal figures of ever.
Something I must get is that WIA Nicklas, I am an enthusiast of CollectA horses and all the diversity of breeds but those WIA are a step forward in terms of sculpting quality. It is not tat Deborah is not as a good sculptor as the ones sculpting for WIA. It is because CollectA retools them for mass production and they do not result as delicate as the WIA models.
That huge Breyer is also stupend! cheers

Thank you very much Roger!
I can definitely recommend all of the models here and yes that's true, WIA is a step up when it comes to the delicate sculpting. They are sure refined and also nicely painted.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 10:54 pm

sunny wrote:
congratulations on your birthday horses Katy, and happy birthday!

the Breyer model is really very lovely! and I like your little foal by Anna!

Thank you very much Sunny!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 10:43 am

Back in the game again cheers

Today I will show most of the horses to you that I got after my birthday, as I unexpectedly got another horse yesterday and hadn't the time to take photos of it.

Let's begin:

HC magazine 48 782348 Irish Cob foal "Monty"

Here we have Schleich's magazine exclusively painted bay tobiano Tinker foal moulded in 2004 and released in 2023. The mould is genderless and I keep it as a filly in my collection.
When I saw the promo photos I didn't like her much but after seeing some in hand pictures I decided to get her for my collection eventually. She looks rather adorable and I prefer her in that colouring over the original. Overall she is a fine little foal.

I decided to rename her into Iris.
Now a little bit more about her character:
Iris is a relatively shy little filly. She prefers to stay close to her current foster father Nox and not wander around much. From time to time she plays with the drafter foals and together they explore the territories of the kingdoms. Iris is kind and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her family again.

13807 Mustang foal

Here we have Schleich's bay Mustang foal moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a filly. Mine was made in China and came from the set 42386 "Farm World Animal-Mix".
I am really glad that I was able to get the whole set even if I got two doubles in it. I nearly got the foal alone but then the set came up for a reduced price and all the models finally joined my collection.
The Mustang filly looks quite adorable I love you  I like her active pose and how ears are turned to the back. Her colouring is also fairly nice. She is a very nice foal overall.

I decided to name her Merida after the main character from Disney's movie "Brave". She just embodies her personality with her pose for me.
Now a little bit more about her character:
Merida is a kind and very active Mustang filly. She is quite energetic and loves to run around the territories with her father Max, aunt Lightning and friends. Just like her parents and aunt she is slightly sceptical when it comes to humans and doesn't want to become any sort of show horse in the future. Merida is friendly and polite to everyone around her and is curious to meet her aunt's husband one day.

Here she is with her aunt Lightning, the Safari Ltd Mustang mare from 2004. I've never noticed that they have practically the same pose before getting Merida.

And here she is with her whole family. I'm very happy that the Mustang trio is completed now.

Next up is another piece of a big family:

72134 Quater Horse stallion

Here we have Schleich's exclusively painted grey Quarter Horse stallion moulded in 2017 and released in 2019. Mine was made in Portugal.
I really like him. He is definitely one of the nicest exclusive models from the past few years and I'm very glad that he finally joined my collection. He is very nicely shaded and I like the mould itself quite a bit as well.

I decided to name him Chrome because of his grey coat colour that reminds me of metal a tiny bit.

Now a little bit more about his character:
Chrome is an energetic and friendly stallion. He loves to run around the territories with his younger brother Caspian and his niece Kaya from time to time. But otherwise he loves to spend time with his wife Raya and little daughter Gambia the most. He tries to encourage his filly to come along with him and explore the surroundings. While his brother Caspian enjoys being ridden by his favourite human girl Zoe, Chrome is not that keen on horse sports, but does compete in some Western disciplines when he wants to. When Chrome is around his parents in law he tries to be as chivalrous as he can be but he still has the feeling that they don't like him that much. Though Chrome doesn't really care as he wants to be just around his wife and filly. Chrome is kind and polite and is happy to be reunited with his family again.

Here he is with his little brother Caspian. I really can't decide whom I like more of them. They are both just awesome  I love you

And here he is with his wife Raya and daughter Gambia.

And here is the whole family currently (without Nox though). I am very happy that I was able to add some more members to it this year. It's just very satisfying to see how the gaps are being filled. I am honestly not sure though if I will be ever able to complete it the way I want it to right now, as the models that are lacking are either retired, set or magazine exclusive or simply from CollectA. There is only one regular run model that still didn't find the way into my collection. Though the ones that I was able to add this year were all from the categories above Very Happy

Now to a little "stand alone" family.
Meet the Miniature Shetlands:

First up:
13775 Miniature Shetland stallion

Here we have Schleich's Mini Shetty stallion moulded in 2014 and released in 2015, though mine came from the set 41432 "Miniature Shetland family". Mine was made in Bosnia.
I am honestly not sure what coat colour Shleich tried to give him. It slightly looks like a buckskin to me but with a very faded out mane scratch  Anyways I really like this little stallion. He has a very nice pose, he looks like some Liberty pony performing tricks. And while I don't really understand how Shleich came to this coat colour, it does suit him. He is definitely my favourite from this family I love you

I decided to name him "Koen" just like a real life Miniature Shetland stallion, though real Koen has the Shetland unique coat colour Mushroom. I would love to see some company to release a Mushroom coloured Shetland pony one day.
Now a little more about him:
Koen is a rather confident little Mini Shetty stallion. Even though he is small he doesn't feel like it and is not really afraid of the bigger horses (for the most part at least Wink ). From time to time he even tries to tease them, though that doesn't always end well for him. Otherwise he loves to spend time with his little family and is friendly and polite to everyone most of the time.

13776 Miniature Shetland Mare

Here we have Schleich's flaxen chestnut Mini Shetty mare moulded in 2014 and released in 2015, though I got mine from the same set as the stallion. Mine was made in Bosnia.
She is a very nice little pony and I like her way more than I expected. Mine seems to have a very light blaze that I never noticed before on other models. All in all she is rather nicely coloured and has a nice pose. She looks quite chunky as well, which fits a Shetland pony though. A very fine lady.

I decided to name her Euranka to fit Koen, as she is also named after a real life Mini Shetty that belongs to the same estate as Koen and Gambia from the post before. The real Euranka is also a flaxen chetnut but with one recessive Mushroom copy.
Now a little bit more about her:
Euranka is a friendly Mini Shetty mare. She is slightly calmer than her husband but isn't afraid of the bigger horses either. Euranka doesn't tease any adult horses but can bite away annoying foals. Otherwise she loves to help others, spend time with her family and is mostly friendly and polite to everyone around her.

And the last for today:
13777 Miniature Shetland Foal

Here is Schleich's chestnut Mini Shetty foal moulded in 2014 and released in 2015, though I got mine from the same set as the mare and stallion above. Mine was made in Tunisia.
I hoped to like her more but to be honest she is the least favourite of this family for me. It's just something about her pose that I really don't like or maybe her eyes just are slightly to big in my opinion. Otherwise I do like her fur texture and her colouring as well.

I decided to call her Emmi just like the filly that Euranka and Koen had in 2020 (if I remember correctly). The real Emmi is also a little chestnut but with one recessive Mushroom copy.
Now to her character:
Emmi is a very mischievous little Mini Shetty filly. Regardless her size she is a real troublemaker and gives even her parents a rather hard time from time to time. She loves to zoom around the territories with her troublemaker friends and tease other foals. But sometimes even Emmi calms down and tries to be friendly and polite to other creatures.

And here we have another family pic:

This is for today. Next up will be my other animal that I got around this time plus the last horse.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 11:05 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 1:02 am

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10