Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 10:00 pm

Well I can recommend everyone of them!
Nora is simply beautiful and unique but probably a little bit tricky to come by.
Angel retired just this year so he should be easy to get.
I wish you good luck to get both.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 7:46 pm

Next batch - the first family of six
Meet: The Hannoverians
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see I am slightly obsessed with the Hanoverian mare mould. I need only the gelding on this mould to complete the conga. Though to complete the whole family I will need many more models. It is kind of funny that I have one mate of every couple that I was (or wasn't) planning to have in this family. I'm excited to see which one of them will get his or her mate first.

But now to the family itself
42416b Hannoverian stallion

Here is the set exclusively coloured black Hannoverian stallion moulded in 2008 and released in 2018. Mine was made in China. This model was a former Müller exclusive from 2015 which Schleich decided to include in one of the currently most expensive Horse Club sets. I got mine second hand as I didn't want to buy a whole set only for this horse. He came in the same lot as the Falabella mare that I showed you in the first post and is one of my most recent additions to my collection. I like him quite a bit. Black is my favourite coat colour and the mould is rather nice and quite iconic as well. He looks so calm and patient. I was a little bit surprised that he is actually quite a big model which is accurate for a Hannoverian. My only point of criticism is the incorrect hoof colour on the legs without a leg marking. Otherwise he is a very nice model.

His official name is Jupiter and I decided to keep it especially after seeing his size. The show name that I gave him is King of the Universe (Царь Вселенной).
Now a little bit more about his character:
Jupiter (Юпитер), also known as King of the Universe in the show ring, is an older member of the equine kingdom. He is very calm and patient. Jupiter was formerly a Hunter jumper but is now enjoying his retirement and spends time with his daughter, grandfillies and greatgrandcolt. He is known for being one of the best friends of the former equine king. The elderly stallion is happy that he has a little bit of freetime without his wife but he is starting to miss her and is looking forward to be reunited with her and his grandcolt again. Jupiter is friendly to everyone in every kingdom and is very proud of his daughter and her foals.

72135 Hannoverian mare

Here we have the exclusively painted Hannoverian mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2018. Mine was made in China. I am not too sure what colour Schleich wanted to give her. She is not black but in a very dark grey colouring so maybe they tried to portrait a grey horse that is only in the beginning of the graying out process? I have her as a simple black horse in my collection. She is not my favourite colour variation but I still like her a lot. My favourite part of her is her beautiful star. This colour gives her kind of a mysterious and magical atmosphere.

I decided to call her Galaxy (Галактика) because of her coat colouring. Her show name is Celestial Song (Небесная Песня).
Now a little bit more about her:
Galaxy is an older member of the herd. She mostly keeps to herself and is one of the best friends of the the former equine queen. Galaxy loves all of her four foals and is very proud of them. She was a rather strict mother not knowing it better from her own foalhood. Her mother heart was broken when she found out that her two older foals were teasing Hanna pretty badly for several years. It made her very sad that she didn't notice it and how broken the bond with her second daughter was. Now she spends more time with her and her colt and their relationship is slowly recovering. Galaxy still competes in her favourite discipline dressage and is known as Celestial Song in the show ring.
She is mostly friendly to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband and only colt again.

42358a Hannoverian mare

Here is the black Hannoverian mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2017 in the showjumping set. Mine was made in China. This is currently the most easily accessible model out of this conga as she was rereleased in 2021 as a regular run. But I got mine of the showjumping set and actually did not expect that it at all. She was this year's New Year's gift and before I got her, I did not plan getting the full conga. While most of the ones I've heard like this colour variation most and I like darker or black coloured horses more than light coloured ones, I however liked this one least. And she is still my least favourite of the five but I do like her a lot. She is definitely not one of my least favourite horses of my collection. I really like her blaze and pink muzzle just as her white leg markings. It just makes the model stand out more. You can't probably see it on the photos but the ones who have her know that she is actually not flat black but has a subtle very dark brown undercoat which is kind of cool.

I decided to call her Grace (Грация) as it was the first name that came on my mind when I held her in my hands. Normally I decide long before I get a horse what name it will have but as I didn't originally plan to get her she got a first thought name. I am very pleased that she came in my collection anyway. Her show name is Regal Attitude (Величественная Манера).
Now a little bit more about her character:
Grace is a rather moody and bossy mare. She is quite egocentric and wished she would be her parents' only foal. Grace doesn't care about her siblings at all and doesn't feel sorry for what she did to her younger sister. As she hasn't her husband nor her friends around her and is currently in foal, she is even more moody and partially even aggressive towards her siblings, nephew and sometimes even her mother. Though Galaxy won't have that and will put her daughter back to her place. Grace is practically her grandmother's optical copy just as character wise and is looking forward to be reunited with her again. She is mostly not particularly friendly or polite to most of the creatures and is closer to her mother than to her father. Grace is not keen on most humans and only likes her rider and trainer. She competed in showjumping and dislikes dressage. Grace is looking forward to be reunited with her father, husband and friends.

13817 Hannoverian mare

Here we have the bay Hannoverian mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. Mine was made in China. This girl is the one who started my obsession with this mould. I got her together with the Mustang stallion I showed you earlier as a gift from my grandmother. Before I got her I didn't care for this mould at all. I have seen that in 2021 Schleich would release her black version and I wanted to get the bay one because she had a closer colour to the one from my foal. But then when I had her in my hands I immediately have fallen in love with it. Her face is so well made I love you She looks kind of sad and determined in the same time. This variation is by far my favourite of all five. Her shading is rather nice and I love the little star on her forehead. I was also quite surprised how tall she is. This mould is definitely one of Schleich's tallest warmblood horses.

I decided to name her simply Hanna like Hannoverian and because it goes well with Hans. Her show mane is The Flickering Ray of Hope (Мерцающий Луч Надежды). Don't ask me how I came to this...
Now a little bit more about Hanna:
Hanna is a friendly and outgoing mare. She is very protective of her little son which sometimes annoys him quite a bit. But that comes from her foalhood. Not being the oldest or youngest nor the only son, lead to the fact that she was easily overlooked by her mother and her older siblings used that to tease her. Hanna therefore spend most of her time away from her family with her best friend Max. Together they roamed trough the territories and had lots of fun. Hanna is quite determined and competes in showjumping just like her older siblings and grandfather. She has a close bond to her little sister and is closer to her father than to her mother. Even though her older siblings were mean to her she still loves them (especially her brother) and looks up to their achievements. Hanna is kind and polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband and father again.

13730 Hannoverian colt

Here we have the chestnut Hannoverian colt moulded in 2012 and released in 2013. The mould is sculpted as a colt. Mine was made in China. This boy here was my second ever foal. I remember that I picked him in a store where they had a discount on retiring Schleich figures (you will see a few more of this figures further). I didn't collect horses back then that actively as I do know but I wanted to get another foal for my collection. There were more foals but I picked him because he had the smoothest texture. He is still my second favourite foal after all these years. He looks so handsome and sweet and I love the soft pinking on his muzzle. His leg markings just give him an extra accent and he is just in the perfect foal position. He and his original mum are made perfectly for a foal show.
Here is the cheater vs. the original

And here with the 2018 Appaloosa filly. She hasn't the same pose but the same had and tail.

I remember when we came home with him and I discovered that he is a colt, I was really happy that my Adelle would have a "boyfriend" know. It's kind of funny to look back and I couldn't get over separating them so they technically still count as a couple even though they are only little foals.

I decided to call him Hans because that sounded like Hannoverian. It's not very creative but it's a German name so it suits him.
Hans is a playful and energetic little foal. He has a rather balanced character being not too timid and not too wild. Sometimes he gets annoyed by his mother's very protective way but he knows that her foalhood was not the best time of her live and therefore is not mad at her. He loves his mum and helps her where he can. Hans looks up to his family and wishes to become such a good show horse as them. He hasn't found his favourite discipline yet but is interested in showjumping and eventing. From time to time he even tries to jump over little hurdles. Most of his time he spends playing with his great-grandfather, his mother and of course his friends. He mostly tries to stay away as far as possible from his older aunt knowing that she can be quite aggressive from time to time. Hans is friendly and polite to everyone in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with his father and grandfather someday.

72177a Hannoverian mare

Here is the set exclusively painted chestnut Hannoverian mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2022. Mine was made in China. This version is probably the most difficult to come by as she was released in an exclusive set which was sold for a relatively short period of time on Schleich's website. She is of course nothing near a Marbach in terms of rarity so she is still pretty easy to get. I really like her. She is very nicely shaded, just a lovely chestnut mare. Her socks and light coloured hooves just give an extra accent which makes her look even sweeter. And I love the star Schleich originally gave her. Which star you ask? Well I remember how shocked I was when I looked trough her plastic bag and realized that she is missing her star! This girl is a true factory escapee, they really forgot to paint it on her!
Here is how she actually should have looked like

I still love. It makes her kind of unique I love you
I decided to call her Hermione (Гермиона) even though Ginny would have suit her colour wise a little bit better. But Ginny is already reserved and I think Hermione just reflects her kind nature.
Hermione is the sweetest and youngest out of the four siblings. She is a little bit shy but also very kind and is always there to help everyone. Hermione has a very close bond to her older sister Hanna and always supported her when their older siblings teased her. She is currently in foal and is really exited to become mother. Before that she competed as the only sibling in dressage just like her mother. Hermione has a slightly stronger bond to her mother than to her father. She is friendly to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with her father and husband again.

A conga photo. It's currently the largest one I have. Such pretty girls I love you

And another family pic

More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 8:24 pm

Those are gorgeous Hanoverians all of them! I couldn't pick a favourite really, because all of them are so elegant and regal looking.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 8:32 pm

Thank you!
They definitely are.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:07 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:23 pm

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:49 pm

The andalusians are very pretty and I love the fjord, it's a very interesting idea indeed to pair her with an akhal-teke. Two of my favorite breeds, anyway. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:54 pm

Thank you Jill!
Yeah my fantasy has kind of gone wild there... like really wild. They are probably some of my favourite breeds as well.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 5:58 pm

The second family of six
Meet: The English Thoroughbred/Tennessee Walker family

At least such a constellation is way more possible Smile
This family is probably the "conga-heaviest" one and there is still more than half missing.

13856 English Thoroughbred stallion

Here we have the seal bay English Thoroughbred stallion moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. My model was made in China. I know that this mould is by far not a fan favourite but I really like him! It's probably his stance that makes him look really elegant and powerful and especially the regular run model has a rather nice colouring. Seal bays are unfortunately a relatively rare sight in major brand horses and I must say that I would prefer his basecoat even darker so that the light shading had a bigger contrast to it. I like his short mane and tail and that he has horse shoes painted on. Interestingly all of his colour versions that were released so far have their horse shoes painted on which I am really happy about as Schleich tends to paint them only on one or two colour variations and then leaves them in the hoof colour for the rest.
And because I like him so much I want to collect him in all of his current coat colours. He just looks so magnificent in light grey!
The only negative thing I noticed is that his head is rather small which looks a little bit weird when he stands next to other horses. Otherwise the mould is quite tall.

I decided to call him Eric after one of the two Erics I have in my stories. Colourwise he looks closer to one and character wise he is closer to the other.
Now a little bit more about Eric:
Eric is a very gentle and friendly young stallion. He is the second oldest of the Thoroughbred brothers and looks up to his oldest brother. From time to time he competes as a hunter jumper and in cross country. He loves to spend time with his little filly and watch how she gallops around the territories. Eric is kind and polite to everyone in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with his wife and younger brother again.

13857 English Thoroughbred filly

Here we have the liver chestnut English Thoroughbred foal moulded in 2016 and released in 2018. This mould was sculpted as a filly. Mine was made in China. This mould is again part of the case when Schleich releases the mould in an exclusive colouring before the actual regular run release. This girl had primarily a chestnut set exclusive version.
I really love this mould! She looks so adorable with her pose I love you I love her little star and her shading is pretty nice as well.

I decided to call her Estrella which is Spanish for star because of the little marking on her forehead.  
Estrella is a very energetic little filly. She loves to gallop around the territories with her father and friends. Estrella is kind and talk active and therefore makes easily friends with anyone. She doesn't come along with her cousin and his friend though and gets often in to fights with them. Estrella looks up to her parents and wants to become such a good show horse as them. She likes to help others out and is looking forward to be reunited with her mother, uncle and aunt someday.

72167 English Thoroughbred stallion

Here we have the exclusive black English Thoroughbred stallion moulded in 2017 and released in 2021. Mine was made in China. I remember how I thought not long before he was released how cool it would be if Schleich would release him in black. And a few weeks later they announced him on their website! He is probably my favourite from the 2021 exclusive horses as most of the others were super disappointing. I just think that black really suits this mould and his hooves are actually shaded Applause  Unfortunately Schleich likes to leave the hooves blank so that is definitely a point for this boy. He looks a little bit funny next to the wife I've chosen for him as her head is huge in comparison to his Laughing But he makes it up with his size overall.

I decided to call him Ezra like Ezra Bridger from Star Wars. Black was kind of always the colour I associated with this character.
Now a little bit more about him:
Ezra is a rather snobbish and somewhat posh stallion. He thinks himself above most of the other horses and has therefore not too many friends. As the oldest of the three he feels responsible for his younger brothers and is still a little bit protective of them. From time to time he competes in showjumping and eventing. He loves his wife even though she has nearly the complete opposite character to him and is very proud of his two sons. Ezra doesn't really like his wife's nephew as they are not related and he doesn't come along with his sister in law. He is mostly polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with his second son and younger brother again.

What a handsome duo I love you  I probably still like the original a little bit more.

72150 Tennessee Walker mare

Here is the exclusive flaxen chestnut tobiano pinto Tennessee Walker mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2020. My model was made in China. To be honest I never liked this mould. It's just the face that really puts me of. This mare and gelding were just poor reeditions of their former renditions. The mare mirrors the old stallion while the gelding mirrors the old mare. But when I saw this girl I just completely fell in love with her. I love pintos and her wide blaze makes her face way more appealing. This mould is one of the most repainted Schleich mares. She has five colour variants in total and this one is definitely my favourite closely followed by the lovely roan that is on my wishlist. Such a pretty girl I love you

I decided to call her Venus because I just thought that it would suit her.
Venus is nearly the complete opposite of her husband Ezra. She is friendly to everyone and likes to help others out. But she loves Ezra with her whole heart nevertheless. From time to time the young mare competes in Western disciplines. She loves her colts but wishes that Tornado would be a little bit less wild and rude. Ezra and her are currently watching after her sister's little colt and Venus loves him like her own son and wishes that Ezra would be a little bit more friendly to him. Venus is looking forward to be reunited with her second son and older sister again.

13804 Tennessee Walker colt

Here is the light bay Tennessee Walker foal moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. This mould was sculpted as a colt. Mine was made in China. I really love this little mould! It is just so adorable. I love his pose and his leg markings. His shading is also rather nice though his coat colour itself is rather orange. I am planning to collect all on this mould besides the McDonald's one.

I decided to call him Tornado because of his "spinning" pose and the wild character I gave him.
Meet the biggest troublemaker of the equine kingdom - Tornado! This little colt and his best friend Polaris love to make a lot of trouble and annoy adults and foals alike. Tornado is quite mischievous and rude to most other creatures which makes his mother really sad at times. Even his father who tends to spoil his beloved son snaps at him for his behavior from time to time. Then Tornado knows that he crossed a line he shouldn't have crossed. He doesn't come along with Estrella and with most other fillies except Tundra but he likes his younger cousin even though he is a lot calmer than him. Tornado is looking up to his parents and wants to become such a good show horse as them and is looking forward to be reunited with his older brother again.

HC magazine 40. 83074 Tennessee Walker colt "Fireheart"

Here is the magazine exclusively painted red roan Tennessee Walker colt moulded in 2015 and released in 2022. Mine was made in China. This was my first ever magazine foal. He looks so lovely in this colouring I just instantly fell in love him when I saw him on the poster. I just love roans and even though such an extreme roan is not the most realistic for a foal I can't get mad at Schleich here.

I decided to keep his name and renamed him only in Russian to "little Fire" (Огонёк).
Now a little bit more about Fireheart:
Fireheart is nearly the complete opposite of his older cousin Tornado. He is a rather shy and timid colt and doesn't want to get involved in Tornado's "affairs".  From time to time he loves to gallop around the territories with his friends. Fireheart is a little bit frightened of his uncle as Ezra doesn't tend to be too nice to him but he loves his aunt. The little colt is looking up to his parents and wants to become such a good show horse as them. He is friendly to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with his parents and little brother again.

Here is this cute little duo. I can't even say whom I like more.

And another family pic

Next is my family of seven.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 7:22 pm

Interesting...I don't think any of them are on my wishlist, but that Tennessee walker mare reminds me of...is it a painted horse pinto bay or something?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 7:30 pm

Thank you!
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Schleich had and has many pintos in their range. There is also another pinto version of this mare which is a bay pinto. Maybe you mean their paint horse mare with the flower in her tail or the paint horse gelding?
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 7:48 pm

It could be a paint horse? I think there's one very like yours in my collection, but she's definitely no Tennessee mare.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 7:58 pm

Hmm...
Colour wise that could be the 13794 Pinto stallion but you've said that your's is a mare so it isn't him. Otherwise the current Tinker mare is also a chestnut pinto but you have already shown her and she has of course quite the different conformation.
The current pinto mare's exclusive version has a similar coat colour...
Do you mean that she is similar colour wise or position wise?
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 8:03 pm

I think its probably a Papo one now come to think of it? I'll have to check my own collection and make sure!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm

Yeah there is the Papo Pinto mare that is also a chestnut pinto and it is looking to the side. That is probably her.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 8:09 pm

Yes, actually, I'm certain it's her alright!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 4:13 pm

Today I will present my family of seven to you
Meet: the Arabians

I am still not entirely sure on the amount of members this family should have. I need at least two more but there is still plenty of room to get wild. So we shall see...

13907 Arabian stallion

Here we have the Arabian stallion moulded in 2015 and released in 2020. Mine was made in China. This is the third colour variant on this mould released as a replacement of the former darker version. I am not too sure on his coat colour. Some suggest that he is a grulla or a smokey black. To me he doesn't look like a grulla at all and for a smokey black he is a little bit too light for my taste. I decided to have him as a bay-going-grey in my collection as this seems as the closest coat colour to me.
He is a nice and handsome little boy. I didn't expect to like him that much as I do now. Before I got him I didn't care for this mould but when I got him I just started to like him quite a bit. He has just this certain type of charm to him. Unlike many I am not bothered by the tail net they gave him. It just adds a little bit of character to him and red suits him quite well. I especially like his thin blaze. On the other hand he is again one of the models that has wrong hoof colouring on the hooves under leg markings. The former version had the same problem just the other way around. Those Schleich designers will never learn Rolling Eyes  
Otherwise he is a rather nice model and just gives me that Aramis vibe. He looks a little bit too kind for him though.

I decided to name mine Arthur because of his noble and elegant look.
Now a little bit more about him:
Arthur is an intelligent and calm young stallion. He has a high status is the equine kingdom as he is a descendant from a high ranked family. Moreover he is known for being one of the current equine king's best friends. From time to time Arthur competes in endurance and dressage. He loves to spend time with his little filly and wife who is nearly the complete opposite of him. Arthur has a rather balanced character and is kind and polite to all of the kingdoms creatures.

13761 Arabian mare

Here is the grey (on bay) Arabian mare moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. Mine was made in Portugal. She is probably one of Schleich's most famous horse models of all time. Evenly hated and loved she was the topic of many debates among collectors. I am more on her lover side than hater one. She has just a sentimental value to me being one of the very first Schleich horses I knew. And as I am not an expert in anatomy her flaws don't bother me. I like her colouring. She is rather good shaded being a light grey horse. Unlike her husband she does actually have correct hoof colouring under her leg markings Applause . I will never understand the logic of Schleich's designers...

I decided to call her Aurora probably because of her pink ribbons. She has this fairy tail horse vibe in general so I think that this name suits her quite well.
Now a little bit more about Aurora:
Aurora is a self confident young mare. She doesn't fear anyone and will attack verbally anyone who dared bothering her and her family. That's why she gets constantly in fights with Grace. But otherwise Aurora is very friendly and always eager to help. She is known for being one of the current equine queens best friends. The young mare is not too keen on humans and won't let anyone on her back. She has a close bond to her younger sister and cousine and is still rather protective of them just as of her little filly. Aurora loves to spend time with her family and is very proud of her husband's achievements.

13762 Arabian foal

Here we have the mahogany bay Arabian foal moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. The mould is gender less and unlike many I have it as a filly in my collection. Mine was made in Portugal. A very cute little foal. I quite like her pose and her super dark mahogany bay colouring. And of course her wonderful leg markings with the correct hoof colouring.

I decided to name her Ariana for no reason at all. It just seemed to suit her.
Ariana is a playful and energetic little filly. Character wise she resembles more her mother than her father as she is also rather self confident. Her best friends are the Trakehner fillies and together they love to gallop around the territories. Ariana even convinces grumpy Tundra to join them from time to time. The little filly looks up to her parents and wants to become a good show horse just as her father. Ariana is friendly to every creature of every kingdom.

I got them all together as a Christmas gift from my parents a few years ago which I am really happy about as it takes me sometimes ages to complete at least a trio.

72154 Grey Arabian mare

Here is the exclusive Arabian mare moulded in 2013 and released in 2020. Mine was made in China. This model was formerly released in the 2019 Advent calendar just like the exclusive black Arabian stallion that was part of the 2017 advent calendar. I didn't expect to receive her at all. She was just like the Showjumping set a surprise Christmas gift last year. I do really like her in this colouring even though I am not too sure what they tried to represent here. Schleich describes her as a grey and that's what I am going for in my collection. The berry coloured ribbons in her mane really suit her and she stands so much better than my original one! Her eyes are also painted differently so that she has smaller eyes than the original. It took me quite some time to get used to it.

I decided to call her Aria because I thought that it would suit her.
Aria is Aurora's little sister and is quite different from her. She is rather calm and doesn't like getting into fights. Aria is currently in foal and is quite excited to become mother. Just like Aurora she is not too keen on humans and doesn't let anyone on her back. She has a strong bond to both her sister and cousin and likes to play with her nieces from time to time. Aria is friendly and polite to every creature and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband again.

Two sisters. I can't say who I like more.

13840 Pintabian stallion

Here we have the black tobiano pinto Pintabian stallion moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. Mine was made in China. I did not expect to like him that much but I do like him quite a bit. He has a nice colouring and I really like his blaze. He is the only one of this family whose blaze ends in a pink muzzle. I also like his pose and that he has horseshoes.

I decided to name mine Antimony because I thought that it just sounds similar to his character. His show name is Peter Blood (to match his wife's name) and sometimes he is simply announced as Pirate.
Antimony, mostly called Tim by his wife and friends, is not the most friendliest stallion. He likes to show off and thinks himself above many other horses. Therefore he hasn't too many friends. Even though his wife is quite different from him he loves her to death and loves to spend time with her and their little filly. From time to time he competes in endurance and dressage. Antimony is mostly polite to everyone in every kingdom.

13838 Pintabian mare

Here is the flaxen chestnut tobiano pinto Pintabian mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. Mine was made in China. I just adore her I love you She looks so sweet and the green really suits her. I like her simple standing pose. She is a very nice counterpart to her stallion.

I decided to name her Arabella as she reminded me of this character in "The Chronicles of Peter Blood" from Rafael Sabatini.
Arabella is quite different from her husband. She is always kind and polite to everyone and likes to help others. Arabella loves to spend time with her husband and their little filly. She has a strong bond with her older cousins and likes to watch their fillies play together. From time to time she competed in dressage.

13839 Pintabian foal

Here is the chestnut tobiano Pintabian foal moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. The mould is gender less and I have it as a filly in my collection. I love this little foal, she is just so cute I love you She looks very curious, I really like her pose and colouring.

I decided to call her Ahsoka like Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars because her chestnut patches reminded me of Ahsoka's skin colour.
Ahsoka is a very curious little filly. Her character is a mix of her father's and mother's character. She is not as shy as her mother but always friendly and polite to everyone. She looks up to her parents and wants to become such a good show horse as them. Ahsoka loves to gallop around the territories with her cousin and friends.

Here we have them together. Such an adorable little family I love you

And another family pic of all seven members together

Next up is my family of eight.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:24 pm

Those are a really fantastic family, I have Arthur and Aurora in my collection and I love them loads!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 6:37 pm

Thank you!
Yes they are pretty models.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 5:45 pm

Today I will present my family of eight to you.
Meet: The Stockhorse family

This family is majorly incomplete and I will probably need quite some time to finish it.
Today I will present you all the Quarter Horses and next time all of the Paint Horses.

Now to the family itself
42419a Quarter Horse stallion

Here we have the set exclusively painted amber ivory champagne Quarter Horse stallion moulded in 2017 and released in 2018 in the 42419 Western set. Mine was made in China. Some suggest that this mould is a remake of the retired Appaloosa stallion 13732 which honestly is not what I see. Yes these two moulds have a similar pose but the face, mane and tail are quite different. The Quarter Horse stallion is quite a bit more slender and has differently designed hooves. In my conclusion these two are two independent moulds and not the original and his remake.
The coat colour I "gave" him is quite the guess. For a proper champagne he lacks the pinking but otherwise he looks pretty close to it. I really like this mould. I adore his dynamic stance and his face and tail are nicely detailed. He definitely gives me a Stockhorse vibe.

I decided to name him Caspian because of his light coat colouring. It looks almost golden and that is the colour that I associate with Prince Caspian.
Caspian is a wild and energetic young stallion. He loves to gallop around the territories with his filly and friends. Caspian is quite determined and competes from time to time in Western Disciplines with his favourite being Barrel Racing. He loves to spend time with his wife and filly and is looking forward to be reunited with his little son and older brother again. Caspian is kind and polite to everyone in every kingdom.

42432a Quarter Horse mare

Here is the set exclusively painted Quarter Horse mare moulded in 2017 and released in 2018 in the 42432 Sarah's Baby Animal Care. Mine was made in Portugal. I really don't know what coat colour Schleich wanted to give her. She has too dark legs for a chestnut and a to dark mane and tail for a silver bay. Does some one else know what coat colour could it be?
This was my first ever Horse Club set and this mare and her filly were some of my very first horses. Even though I can't identify her coat colour this is most definitely my favourite colour variation of the four currently existing ones. Her colouring is nicely shaded and the green suits her well. I really like her braiding and overall I am kind of fond of this mould. She has just a certain charm to her I seem to like. Her face looks pretty similar to the one of the stallion so I assume that the entire family was sculpted by one person, which makes sense.
To some of my horses I assign also an astrological sign and she got Taurus. It's her earth like colouring and her green ribbons that reminded me of it just as her simple standing position.

I decided to call her Kira kind of like one of my stories' character whose name is not really Kira. She does not reflect her character but I just liked the name for her.
Now a little bit more about Kira:
Kira is very a calm and friendly young mare. There is practically nothing that can disturb her not even her wild husband and filly. She loves to spend time with them and the rest of her family. Unlike Caspian Kira does not really like to be ridden. Only occasionally she let's the human princesses on her back though she doesn't mind to be pet at all. Kira is kind and polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with her little son, father, uncle and her whole lot of cousins again.

42432b Quarter Horse filly

Here is the set exclusively painted chestnut Quarter Horse foal moulded in 2017 and released in 2018 in the 42432 Sarah's Baby Animal Care. The mould was sculpted as a filly. Mine was made in Portugal. At least she is in a simple and realistic coat colouring. She is cute but unfortunately my least favourite foal mould in my collection. I don't really know why but her face looks in most angles pretty off to me. Her raised tail is cute though and her colouring is fine as well.

I decided to name her Kaya because it went well with Kira.
Kaya is a wild and energetic little filly. She is a little bit mischievous and is probably the biggest troublemaker of all the fillies. But in the same time she is mostly friendly and polite to every creature. Kaya loves to gallop around the territories with her father and friends. The little filly looks up to her parents and wants to become such agood show horse as her father and grandparents. She misses her twin brother quite a bit and is looking forward to be reunited with him, her uncle, grandfather and the rest of her crazy family.

Here is this little trio. It is kind of funny that I have a purely set exclusive family

42112a Quarter Horse mare

Here is the light bay set exclusive Quarter Horse mare moulded in 2013 and released in 2014 in the 42112 Western rider on horse set. Mine was made in China. I don't know why but I really like this mould. Her mane is nicely sculpted and I like her simple yet dynamic pose. She really looks like a proper western horse. Another nice detail are her painted horseshoes.

I decided to call her Queen first and then expanded her name to Dancing Queen. I came to that idea while watching a movie where the main character's favourite song was Dancing Queen. She got even a one generation pedigree. Her father is Dancing Sun while her Mom is called Retro Queen (both parents are currently non-existing).
Dancing Queen, mostly called simply Queen by everyone, is an older member of the equine kingdom. She is a descendant of a very well known show horse family and is well respected by her competitors. From time to time she competed in Western disciplines but is now on a break due to being in foal. Queen loves to spend time with her family and her current foster filly Cassiopeia. She is fine with her son in law and is happy that her daughter found a good match. Queen is friendly and polite to everyone in every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband, little grandcolt and her nieces and nephews again.

Here are my four Quarter Horses again. Their coat colours match really well.

And here is Dancing Queen with her current foster filly, Cassiopeia the Clydesdale foal.

Next time comes the rest of their family.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 6:20 pm

Gosh that ivory stallion is beautiful, he's so eye-catching and creamy! I love him loads! Your very lucky to have him.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 6:26 pm

Thank you!
I like him very much as well and he is probably my favourite of all the colour variations that he is in. The only one who might beat him is his "brother" that is living on my wishlist for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 6:29 pm

Ah yes, I wish there were more horses in that colour, it's gorgeous
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 6:44 pm

I certainly do too! I really wish that some of the rarer coat colours like champagne, pearl and cremello would be made more. Also crazy gene combos like dun+cream, roan+cream or dun+champagne would be awesome just as simply more roans and duns in general.
CollectA made a pretty good job this year with having a splash pinto, a perlino (sadly on a mould I dislike quite a bit) and their silver grulla which is a super cool combo. I only wish that his dapples would be a bit nicer.
Hopefully they will continue with that and release a champagne Tennessee Walker or Quarter Horse at some point.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 6:47 pm

I'll have to look those up, because sometimes I feel when discussing nice models, CollectA is often forgotten about? Left out? Nice to know, they're bringing out interesting figures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next