Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:51 pm

So many wonderful additions, and amazing that you bought the antique animals- they are real treasures and they now have the best home! Very Happy Hurray for Kelly too, there are some wonderful horses there! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2021 1:25 am

Thank you Bonnie!

George wrote:
I admit I moved out all my books to empty two bookcases for model horse space instead. Then got another *counts on fingers* nine model bookcases as well Laughing The only non-model-collectiony thing left IN the bedroom is the bed, and a chair I stand on to reach the highest shelves Shocked
Haha, that was how I had it for a long time, but then I missed my books! So I did a half-and-half compromise, except it's more like an 80/20 compromise. Eleven bookcases of models?! I'm sure your room is a sight to behold! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 9:09 pm

The population is growing.

Found a place to display the celluloid animals for now, alongside the wooden carvings from Madagascar, a few things from other places around the world, and some Hagen-Renaker. They seemed to fit this eclectic bunch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then my Funrise lot that finished the earliest sets:

A few more Funrise horses as well as some other lovelies I bought larger lots specifically to get, and a few more from the big package from pipsxlch!

And then many of the "extras" from the lots, some of which are very nice themselves. Also a even more little neat randoms from pipsxlch's package. :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Nice additions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Great display and new friends! Those little chicks, the gray draft with windblown hair, old funrise horses and PVs are marvellous. Very Happy Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:15 pm

Look how beautiful these humble Funrise horses work together! Even when presented after your exotic population! Laughing
... and random lots are the juice of this hobby. :)

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:52 pm

So many wonderful additions- your collection is growing with so many lovely models! Very Happy cheers
The horses are fantastic- a whole row of them! cheers
And I spotted a couple of dogs too, such a sweet little dalmatian on the top shelf and I just love the (wooden?) Airedale/ Welsh terrier, this dog has so much character! Wooden models always have a lovely feel about them- so unique and they can really capture the animal they represent so well! Very Happy Do you know his brand?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 12:21 am

Thank you all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I was very excited to see those little PV guys in a Marketplace lot. I am getting the impression those beautiful sets are quite tricky to pin down. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it has been fun to see what the extra things turn out to be. I didn't know the chicks were Battat or the deer was Mojo, or really even what Battat or Mojo were. Wink I must need to buy more random lots, so I can learn more, I think . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] very good eye for those dogs! Laughing The airedale/Welsh terrier (I'm not sure either) was actually a find I made today at a thrift shop - I really like him a lot! He says Engelberger Made in Germany, and I can't find a whole lot out just Googling, but I am seeing a lot of little wooden animals very like him.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:34 am

Jill wrote:
Thank you all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I was very excited to see those little PV guys in a Marketplace lot. I am getting the impression those beautiful sets are quite tricky to pin down.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it has been fun to see what the extra things turn out to be. I didn't know the chicks were Battat or the deer was Mojo, or really even what Battat or Mojo were. Wink I must need to buy more random lots, so I can learn more, I think . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] very good eye for those dogs! Laughing The airedale/Welsh terrier (I'm not sure either) was actually a find I made today at a thrift shop - I really like him a lot! He says Engelberger Made in Germany, and I can't find a whole lot out just Googling, but I am seeing a lot of little wooden animals very like him.
Very interesting, thank you! sunny
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 1:18 am

Got a very large box today from Marketplace! It was mostly unmarked China animals, but there was enough of interest in it for me . . . not to mention I like quite a lot of those unmarked creatures.

Here were the main reasons I got it:

But I also really liked the look of some of these (the hyena, gnu, and antelope especially):

And these:

I'm not hugely into the big cat models, but the male lion and tiger have something appealing about them:

And they just keep getting larger! I am not keen on these bigger things, but they live here now I guess!

And just a few more little "extras"

And a whole lot of sea creatures! The fish are pretty detailed molds (surely they are knock-offs of something nicely done) and would be very satisfying to repaint, I think. I'm not very fish knowledgable, however.

And then, wonder of wonders, my UK package arrived! It has been lost for a long time, I assumed never to resurface. I have since been able to replace these 5 little horses (they are the Papo minis, I now know), but it was great to see these arrive all the same. A surprise, and I can't complain about doubles of a set that wasn't sold in America:

There are some stamps in here I don't really understand, so next step is seeing who I can find on TAW. Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 3:17 am

Realy great newbies, congrats! I love tube models as they often help provide diversity. Your second photo has some lovely models as well, I have them all except the wolf consequently. Next photo those little puppies are so cute! That lion and tiger have great eyes, with a good repaint they could look alive! I have that china antelop model and repainted mine into a gerenuk. So many wonderful "blank" china type models, lovely fish, especially the crowned sea horse! And it is ALWAYS nice to have a "lost" package show up. Very Happy congrats again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 4:17 am

Thank you!

I'm very invested in the concept of the tube. They are just the right size and all different.

That koala, though, looks legitimately like a horror movie creature with the highlights of its eyes looking like eye-shine. Laughing Shocked

(Though not quite as horror movie as the lioness . . .)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 4:22 am

Yeah that koala model is one of my least favorite on my shelves too. Wink The lioness' problem is too much eyeliner. Laughing

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 5:12 am

Those are great, that dingo is quite nice! I must admit some of those fish are nifty, though... let me know if you don't want them all and might consider a trade. The green goldfish between the blue turtle and the green spiny lobster most especially.
That koala looks like Chuckie's pet.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 8:33 am

Nice catches again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:50 am

So many wonderful and varied models- some really interesting animals there, and most I have never seen before! cheers cheers cheers
I love that Dingo in the first photo, such a lovely model! Very Happy Ohh and those little dogs!! I love you They're so small and sweet, and it looks as though the one far right could be a Keeshond- a lovely unusual breed! That tiny husky is gorgeous too- and I love how the one on the right is so recognisable as a Bull Terrier, with that nose they all have! Very Happy I definitely recognised them, and then searched a bit through some of my dogs- and found that they are by A&A, and were sold in little tins, and there were different series too! I think yours are from the one called 'Adopt a Puppy' Very Happy And here's a quick photo of another dog in the series, to show the tin:
sunny
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Thanks all! :)

pipsxlch wrote:
Those are great, that dingo is quite nice! I must admit some of those fish are nifty, though... let me know if you don't want them all and might consider a trade. The green goldfish between the blue turtle and the green spiny lobster most especially.
I admit I thought of you when I found that little goldfish. For being lime green, it's actually quite a neat looking little thing. I'll message you!

Quote :
That koala looks like Chuckie's pet.
Well I guess I have to name him Chuck now. Laughing

Bonnie wrote:
I definitely recognised them, and then searched a bit through some of my dogs- and found that they are by A&A, and were sold in little tins, and there were different series too! I think yours are from the one called 'Adopt a Puppy' Very Happy
Thank you!! I hadn't quite sorted them yet, thanks so much for pinning them down for me. They are really cute, I love that one you have, such a delicate sweet little face.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Great and eclectic collection! cheers cheers

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:06 am

Thank you, that is the perfect word for it, yes! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2021 11:36 pm

While combing ebay, I found a lot just labeled "vintage dogs from Japan." I liked them, bought them, and then looked them up on TAW and found the Marx Blue Ribbon Dogs collection. I'm not sure why the seller labeled them as "from Japan" since there are no marks on them at all, but I got lucky and found a second lot of Blue Ribbon dogs the same week. Both sets arrived yesterday, launching the start of my little Marx collection! I really love this set. It is the perfect blend of tiny size, elegant and realistic detailing to the molds, weird paint jobs, set-completion, that vintage "look", and those easy to put in a line stances that all appeal to me. Really, my ideal collectables. Laughing

Here's everyone!

And here's a few favorites. They are absolutely not even close to being to scale with each other, but dogs are probably the hardest domestic species to be accurate with.

And here's a face that will never fail to make me laugh, truly the perfect gremlin
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2021 11:52 pm

lol! What a face! affraid

Oh, it is really not easy to see the connection of the Marx models with the Japan thing. Maybe the only comparison is that they are made to have similar sizes, a concept common in Japanese figures.
Marx represents a different era from your Funrise and similar figures but they are an important part of the North American toy industry, maybe they are for USA as Britains is for UK or Starlux to France.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:00 am

Oh goodness, that boxer! May I suggest that you affectionately name him "Goblin" or something similar. Very Happy
Really lovely dogs though all. Very nice classic style and the ideal body type/form for each one.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2021 10:45 am

This is wonderful- so many Marx Blue Ribbon dogs altogether! Very Happy I completely agree with you that they are the perfect blend of size and realism, and because of this they looks so good set up in a line! Very Happy
That Boxer's face too! Laughing I'm sure you will love him all the same though- poor Boxer!
I love that Greyhound, so elegant and on such a small model they have still managed to keep the legs to scale, something I don't see that often for balance reasons! That Pomeranian is so sweet too, I love how they have done the fluffy fur, it looks so silky, and that Spaniel has such a lovable face! I love you

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm

Nice dogs :)

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2021 5:41 pm

You're right, the sculpts are amazing, for such small and budget-friendly animals they really have got an accuracy and artistic elegance to them. Especially that lovely greyhound!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next