Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 10:16 pm

Thank you both!

rogerpgvg wrote:

I didn't realise the okapi was K&M. It's interesting because I've got the same okapi sculpt (different paint style) from a Japanese Zoorasia set. I guess they were probably made by Wing Mao or another Chinese company.
Those are wonderful little okapis! I had seen them before looking through TAW, but I had thought they were much smaller for some reason. It's a neat mold, but not at all stable and it only stands on its own for a little while. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 12:53 am

It is a joy to see you posting back on forum. Very Happy
Oh, I also never noticed about the toadlets on Ruinam toad's back. It is easy to spot on Yujin model but the PV ones seem pefectly camouflaged.
PEC series on TAW are not complete. We actually do not know them and "new" figures are added according to the number marked on each figure.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 6:06 am

Great finds, congratulations! Really like that Sheltie, what were they thinking with that stripe?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 am

So many goodies! Congrats on all, especially your dingoes! I don't have the Albert Heijn one... He looks like he could use a sandwich. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 am

Your additions are always filled with interesting models! cheers I love all the dogs, such a wonderful mixture- do you know the brand of the bulldog? Very Happy And the AAA pair are really nice, I've always loved that poodle! And a sheltie!! cheers A very interesting artistic interpretation of this breed indeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Thanks everyone!

Roger wrote:
It is a joy to see you posting back on forum. Very Happy
Oh, I also never noticed about the toadlets on Ruinam toad's back. It is easy to spot on Yujin model but the PV ones seem pefectly camouflaged.
PEC series on TAW are not complete. We actually do not know them and "new" figures are added according to the number marked on each figure.
Thank you! And maybe this is why I like the PEC sets so much, they have an air of mystery to them still. Wink

pipsxlch wrote:
Great finds, congratulations! Really like that Sheltie, what were they thinking with that stripe?
Fashion Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
So many goodies! Congrats on all, especially your dingoes! I don't have the Albert Heijn one... He looks like he could use a sandwich. Wink
Haha, he does look quite rangy and hungry, especially next to the much rounder UK Yowie Razz

Bonnie wrote:
Your additions are always filled with interesting models! cheers I love all the dogs, such a wonderful mixture- do you know the brand of the bulldog? Very Happy And the AAA pair are really nice, I've always loved that poodle! And a sheltie!! cheers A very interesting artistic interpretation of this breed indeed! Very Happy
The bull dog is a Yowie US Gummy, one of the pet series. They had three dogs in that series, actually, the beagle, bulldog, and shepherd. :)

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 6:33 pm

Jill wrote:
Thank you both!

rogerpgvg wrote:

I didn't realise the okapi was K&M. It's interesting because I've got the same okapi sculpt (different paint style) from a Japanese Zoorasia set. I guess they were probably made by Wing Mao or another Chinese company.
Those are wonderful little okapis! I had seen them before looking through TAW, but I had thought they were much smaller for some reason. It's a neat mold, but not at all stable and it only stands on its own for a little while.  Laughing

The Zoorasia okapi is indeed small, no more than about 4 cm total height, I think. Is the K&M larger? The Zoorasia okapi stands up well, it's made of quite a stiff plastic.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 7:22 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Jill wrote:
Thank you both!

rogerpgvg wrote:

Those are wonderful little okapis! I had seen them before looking through TAW, but I had thought they were much smaller for some reason. It's a neat mold, but not at all stable and it only stands on its own for a little while.  Laughing

The Zoorasia okapi is indeed small, no more than about 4 cm total height, I think. Is the K&M larger? The Zoorasia okapi stands up well, it's made of quite a stiff plastic.

Here's the K&M, more like 5 cm. It doesn't stand well because it's feet are so close together, but that might just be this one in particular!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 10:26 pm

The Zoorasia is indeed smaller. I now see that it also different: The feet are positioned differently and its tail is stuck to the body.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 1:12 am

Jill wrote:

A few K&M creatures - I especially like the long skinny leg style of the African animals.

what a wonderful menagerie you have there! Congratulations on so many new friends Very Happy
I really love that blue tortoise, it's so cute :)
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 1:16 am

Jill wrote:

Galapagos creatures (love these two especially so much!)

I don't know how I missed these posts ?

the Breyer horses are gorgeous, I really like the old styles and the old weathered look of them too. Glad you were able to add so many childhood favourites Jill!

I must say though that the aqua bluey iguana is a total stunner Shocked I love you

so glad to see all your special jewels! I've learnt a lot too! thank you for sharing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 8:23 am

Great additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 3:04 am

Thank you both! Very Happy I agree, the iguana is really a beautiful little piece, he's so colorful.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 1:52 am

July wasn't a huge haul, but I think a good one. Very Happy

Finished my Play Visions crocodilians, one of the priority sets for me. I really like the alligator from this set, it was painted with more detail than the others. It's interesting to me how much gold and red are in this set, given that crocodilians are usually black, gray, and very dark green.

Narrowing my US Yowies down little by little! The andean cat, star tortoise, and the sea snake were some of my top wants. The handfish is also really neat, and the macaw was a surprise in a lot! A welcome one! I also do love the coin turtle because it is a turtle, but I wonder why they only made it two colors? Next to the tortoise, it's rather lack luster, which is unfortunate for such a cool species. It at least needs the yellow marking on it's head!

Added two horses to the Toy Major series I am trying to finish/figure out. Laughing

And finally found a few cats from the CP Toys set, which have alluded all attempts to find them!

This lot of Japanese figures I still haven't sorted exactly, there is Kaiyodo, Eikoh, and maybe that's it?? These are my first figures from Japan. I LOVE them! I knew Japanese figures were incredible with their detail and sculpt work, and I also knew I in general couldn't afford them, so I hadn't looked into them too much. This little lot was perfect though, it had great animals and was affordable. An excellent little sampler. Wink

And also there was this baby??

And last but not least, a few more tiny celluloid dogs. Very Happy The Scottish terrier with the tall ears cracks me up.

The pink collie is interesting because I already had the same one, just in a slightly different color.

These tiny dogs came in the same lot. Not sure what they (except I think the one in the back is Britains), but they are interesting!

Last edited by Jill on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 1:57 am

It is really a great batch of figures and your Toy Major adventure continues. affraid Laughing
I think the turtle only has two colors because they wanted to save a few coins.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 2:27 am

what a marvellous bunch Jill!
glad to see such a great assortment come your way :)

I really love the celluloid dogs the most I think. How strange and cute they are (to me Very Happy )
I think the husky with the tongue out ? the pink one, and the daschund take 1st place together!
Yesterday I saw a Scottish terrier exactly the same as that one there (with ears just a bit smaller). He was off to the beach.
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 2:48 am

Great additions, yes the dog at the back is Britains.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 9:43 am

Welcome in the club of members with the japanese fever Wink

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 2:34 am

Thanks guys! Very Happy

Roger wrote:
It is really a great batch of figures and your Toy Major adventure continues. affraid Laughing
I think the turtle only has two colors because they wanted to save a few coins.
lol!

sunny wrote:

I really love the celluloid dogs the most I think. How strange and cute they are (to me Very Happy )
I agree! It's their tiny weirdness I love so much, haha! Each one is a unique little oddball.

Quote :
Yesterday I saw a Scottish terrier exactly the same as that one there (with ears just a bit smaller). He was off to the beach.
Oh great! My dad said Scottish terriers don't have ears like that, I can tell him in fact at least one days. Laughing

thebritfarmer wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation! I actually had five of them in the lot, hahaha, a whole pack of the little guys. Are they handpainted? I almost thought they were "customs" at first because they have that quality, but they were all so similar . . .

widukind wrote:
Welcome in the club of members with the japanese fever Wink
I can see why they are so popular! The details is unreal. I know the pangolin and the lemur are both males, definitively. Wink
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 3:28 am

Nice, especially that Takara hermit crab!
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 1:36 pm

Another impressive update, and by that I don't mean it's ever the number of new additions which impresses me, but the variety of styles and brands you enjoy collecting! My favourites this time are the star tortoise (even if he does make the turtle look plain! Laughing ), and the Japanese batch, especially the hermit crab!

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 6:04 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation! I actually had five of them in the lot, hahaha, a whole pack of the little guys. Are they handpainted? I almost thought they were "customs" at first because they have that quality, but they were all so similar . . .

Yes well they would have been at that time. I think they are now tampo printed Sad
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:20 pm

Wonderful additions,congrats!!!!The little white poodle and the little brown boxer in the last picture are Schleich Minis.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 3:08 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice, especially that Takara hermit crab!
Thank you, it is nice to know the brand!

George wrote:
Another impressive update, and by that I don't mean it's ever the number of new additions which impresses me, but the variety of styles and brands you enjoy collecting! My favourites this time are the star tortoise (even if he does make the turtle look plain! Laughing ), and the Japanese batch, especially the hermit crab!
Thanks, yes, the star tortoise is one of the best Yowies I think.

thebritfarmer wrote:

Yes well they would have been at that time. I think they are now tampo printed Sad
Thanks for the info!

Taos wrote:
Wonderful additions,congrats!!!!The little white poodle and the little brown boxer in the last picture are Schleich Minis.
Ah ha, thank you, I have the tiny chow like that, it makes sense. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]
Page 13 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next