Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 6:13 pm

Roger wrote:
Jill wrote:
AAA is one of my favorite brands of larger figures, I think. They have some that are so realistic, but then they do swing wildly the other way, too. I always say if I had the space, I'd start collecting AAA in a focused way.

Not all AAA figures are large, for example, these ducks (first set) is composed of small figures and it is a set with different species, if you don't have it, you'll probably love htem.
Oh wow, those are really magnificent! Both the coloration and the sculpts! I'll certainly keep an eye out, but I have never seen these before.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:42 pm

February is full of tiny animals, but I will start with the only large one I got this month.

This Hong Kong dog (sold I think as a husky, but looking more to me like an akita or spitz) was one I'd been eyeing for a while and I finally decided to buy him when we lost our old dog, Barney. Barney didn't look exactly like this (he was less fluffy, had a longer face, and was liver rather than red), but it is somewhat close and I think the closest I can easily find. Plus it is just a beautiful piece. These old hollow hard plastic dogs are really lovely.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On a brighter note, I received an early birthday present this week--the last of the TSC blind bag Breyers I was looking for, and my first in this mold. Very handsome!

I finally added the Eyscota cats as well--they are so good! I do in fact have the orange tabby bobtail as well, but that one looked enough like our old cat that my mother still misses dearly that she claimed him and he is now traveling the country with them. Laughing But the whole set is so well sculpted for the price. The only problem I have is that one of my sphinxes will not stand on his own. I have tried moving his legs with hot water which worked for a few days, but they gradually move back and then he falls again. Other than that, I am so impressed.

More domestics joined the clan when I found a lot of Kaiyodo choco egg figures. I have been sitting on the edge of collecting Japanese figures for awhile, but I am overwhelmed by trying to keep track of them. Being able to buy almost one entire set at once was very helpful for me. These are super elegant and finely detailed as is the case with all the Japanese figures I have seen. I don't love that they are snapped together with seams, but it's easy enough to forgive given the beauty of the figures. (Please forgive my photography again, the focus was being very difficult for some of these).

And speaking of complete sets, I caved and got the last of the Play Visions from Cody I hadn't got. I originally thought I wouldn't want to get the prehistoric sets since I don't usually collect that kind of figure, but I know someday I would very much regret not getting them while I could. And in the end, they are wonderful little guys! As usual, I am pretty clueless about these species, but having them in the collection is a good excuse to learn. I also added the tiny shells, but I don't know much about them. They are Play Visions also, correct? But they are not part of the same mini sets? They are incredibly detailed, I assume the molds were made from real shells.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 4:14 pm

Great additions,congrats
Shame about the Sphynx cat! Sad
I have a similar selection of the Kaiyodo models to yours so I am assuming they must be the commoner and easier to acquire.I got a lot of mine from a former forum member in the Philippines.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 5:23 pm

Beautieful additions again, especially the Playvisions treasures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 10:08 pm

Are you saying that you now have all Play Visions? Congratulations, that's quite an achievement. The shells look very real.

Your new Breyer horse is lovely, beautiful sculpt and colours. Great that you found a figure closely matching Barney. Have you thought of asking an artist to sculpt a figure resembling him? I remember that forum member Bonnie used to do this. She hasn't been active on the forum for a while, but she might still do the modelling.

Once you start collecting Japanese figures, it is difficult to stop. After a while, you get more used to the seams. The more recent models don't have quite such clear seams as the earlier Kaiyodos.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 10:15 pm

Thank you all!

Taos wrote:
Great additions,congrats
Shame about the Sphynx cat! Sad
I have a similar selection of the Kaiyodo models to yours so I am assuming they must be the commoner and easier to acquire.I got a lot of mine from a former forum member in the Philippines.
I think you're right, based on prices I have seen elsewhere and how reasonably this lot was priced, and how long it was up for sale! So a good launching point I think.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Are you saying that you now have all Play Visions? Congratulations, that's quite an achievement. The shells look very real.
Oh, no, sorry for the confusion--certainly not all the play visions! I meant more the idea that I would like to complete them, someday, and in order to do so I need to also get these prehistoric sets. I think I will be trying to complete the play visions for the rest of my collecting career.  Laughing

Quote :
Your new Breyer horse is lovely, beautiful sculpt and colours. Great that you found a figure closely matching Barney. Have you thought of asking an artist to sculpt a figure resembling him? I remember that forum member Bonnie used to do this. She hasn't been active on the forum for a while, but she might still do the modelling.
I haven't looked into that, I am first trying to see if I can find a more close likeness in an existing model to repaint for my mother. He was more her dog than mine, though we all loved him of course! Thank you for the tip, though. :)

Quote :
Once you start collecting Japanese figures, it is difficult to stop. After a while, you get more used to the seams. The more recent models don't have quite such clear seams as the earlier Kaiyodos.
Some of them hide the seams very well, especially the turtles. I can definitely learn to live with it. Wink Nice to hear they become less obvious, though.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 11:47 pm

Very beautiful pets collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:24 am

Amidst this invasion of figures, my favorite story is about your mother taking the kitten for a walk around the country with her.
These Japanese figures are beautiful!
Even though this one may not be Barney as much as you would have wished, at least this one has made its way to you, as there are some figures that are very stubborn and seem not to want to come. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 8:34 am

This Hong Kong dog looks enough like Barney, I understand your desire to welcome him. It's indeed a beautiful piece and I always look forward to your "new adds" posts because there are always toys that are unknown to us and yet really adorable. cheers

The Eyscota cats are really very nice, the orange bobtail tabby must make some nice trips... I understand your mom, sometimes I think I'd like to have figurines of my cats and sometimes it scares me a bit to think like that.

I'm always happy when a collector buys his first Kaiyodo Despite the seams, his figures are very beautiful, the sculpting is very fine and the paintwork, though simple, is very accurate (neither too much nor too little).

As for the Play Visions, the two prehistoric sets are obviously incredible, having acquired an absolutely irresistible vintage touch over the decades, as time goes by... drunken I'm feeling more and more vintage myself, but not necessarily irresistible! Palmface Laughing
Even if you don't know much about these species, collecting them is a great way to learn.
The shells are also Play Visions, and the brand has made two sets, one mini and one large. Many are missing on TAW. I hope you'll be able to take individual photos, as there's a gap to fill.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 pm

that's a nice dog figure for Barney. I hope he brings some peace.

Congratulations on your early birthday present. It's a great pose.

Wonderful to see all your kaiyodos. They really are beautiful elegant figures Jill. I think they always look great in numbers.

and congratulations on all your other very nice pieces! You must have quite a collection now? So many little friends.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 10:48 pm

Thanks everyone!

Roger wrote:
Amidst this invasion of figures, my favorite story is about your mother taking the kitten for a walk around the country with her.
It was very sweet, she's never been much interested in my collection and thinks it's a little silly, but when she saw that cat she was like, "Can I please have that??" So of course it went with her. :)

Quote :
Even though this one may not be Barney as much as you would have wished, at least this one has made its way to you, as there are some figures that are very stubborn and seem not to want to come. Laughing
Laughing All in good time!

Kikimalou wrote:

The Eyscota cats are really very nice, the orange bobtail tabby must make some nice trips... I understand your mom, sometimes I think I'd like to have figurines of my cats and sometimes it scares me a bit to think like that.
It's really nice to have something to remember them by but it is sad to think about needing to remember them!

Quote :
As for the Play Visions, the two prehistoric sets are obviously incredible, having acquired an absolutely irresistible vintage touch over the decades, as time goes by...  drunken  I'm feeling more and more vintage myself, but not necessarily irresistible!  Palmface  Laughing
Some of them do closely resemble balloon animal versions of the species.  Laughing Oh, to age so gracefully.

Quote :
The shells are also Play Visions, and the brand has made two sets, one mini and one large. Many are missing on TAW. I hope you'll be able to take individual photos, as there's a gap to fill.
I certainly will!

sunny wrote:

and congratulations on all your other very nice pieces! You must have quite a collection now? So many little friends.
Thank you! It's quite a horde of tiny animals, though I daresay not compared to many collections out there. I have yet again run out of room, though, this time with no walls to expand to.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 3:23 pm

Though I got quite a few things in March, a box I received from Kelly deserves its own post. cheers Thank you again!!!

First off, extremely excited for these Yowies! They finish two sets for me (if you don't count the chase giraffe that I do not expect to own Laughing ). The hedgehog is so cute but why they didn't flatten one side of him so he doesn't just roll around, I don't know. The cassowary chick has become one of my favorites from this set, but the warty pig is also really good! The lynx is good, too, nothing against her, of course.  Wink

And some other tiny figures, many of which were surprise guests in the box, including the tiniest cat I have ever seen!! A perfect addition to the tiny cat army. The echidna is my most favorite of this group, what a cool figure.

Here are a few bigger canine friends for the pack, including a yellow dog that is not a dingo but who will be joining my dingo family anyway. Wink I was absolutely bewildered to see the maned wolf is labeled  "Myers Asparagus." I saw on TAW that this is a known thing, but does anyone know why??? It's a really beautiful model, and I guess his name is Gus now. Laughing

Another beautiful dog, this incredible handsome cocker spaniel was a surprise gift! He's gorgeous!! I love these old hollow hong kong dogs, they are so beautifully sculpted. I guess they are meant to be "cheap" alternatives to porcelain or china figures, because that's what they resemble. This one is the nicest I have so far, the curls and the coloring are so good. He is also very big, even bigger than the boxer.

A few Breyers as well, including my first deer. My wildlife collection grows very slowly. sunny I will need to find her parents now!

And last but certainly not least, the Prince of the Box, Jester!!!! I am so excited and in awe to have him in my collection.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He's beautiful and in really wonderful condition. I have never seen the collie mold in person before, I absolutely love it, and this is a spectacular color on it. Jester was the 2001 Breyerfest tent special, and only 600 were made. Kelly was extremely kind to part with him. I can't wait to figure out the perfect spot for him on my shelf (though he will stay on my desk awhile longer, for admiration).

. . . . and while it may not be of much interest to collectors here, I have to also include the largest part of the box that I am also just vibrating with excitement about . . .  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:34 pm

The Yowies are very cute. The lynx is my favourite, I am a bit of a cat fan. The tiny cat looks like a Breyer, but I am not sure whether the paint is original. If you ever find a Britains cat, they are even smaller.

The two large dogs are superb. The Hong Kong dog has beautifully sculpted hair, it looks very artistic. And hooray for Kelly to give you such a rare stunning Breyer dog!

What are the figures in your last photo?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 10:59 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
The Yowies are very cute. The lynx is my favourite, I am a bit of a cat fan. The tiny cat looks like a Breyer, but I am not sure whether the paint is original. If you ever find a Britains cat, they are even smaller.
Oh, you're absolutely correct it is a Breyer cat! This color isn't listed but it sure looks original, I will investigate. Might just be a very convincing custom. I will have to keep an eye out for the tiny Britains cat, it sounds like the champion of the Tiny Cat Army  Laughing

Quote :
What are the figures in your last photo?
They are My Little Pony, the ones from the 80's and 90's. My other large collection. Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:07 pm

Isn't it a hedge-egg instead? Laughing I love those Yowies too.
I developed a theory about the maned wolf identification but I don't remember it anymore. Maybe it was as silly as the markings.
I love that Cocker spaniel, do you have a Papo dog to show a comparison picture?
The Rough Collie is really fantastic and interesting it is such a rare model.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:53 pm

The hedgehog is now a monotreme I guess, laying egg-shaped babies.  Laughing

Roger wrote:

I love that Cocker spaniel, do you have a Papo dog to show a comparison picture?
I don't have Papo or any other major brand dog, but here he is with the Toy Major cocker spaniel and the Safari hyena, since she was handy. Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 12:44 am

Laughing I love hedge-eggs and eggchidnas. Wink
I owned the hyena before and the Cocker dwarfs it completely. It's really big for my collection but it is very beautiful.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 9:15 am

Many nice stuff again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 6:23 pm

Great batch again, I like very much the K&M elephant and the cocker is really awesome Jill Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am

Happy Birthday Jill, glad everything got there safe and that you're happy with them. The little Breyers cat was one of my daughter's old toys (like so much of these figures), and was purchased new as part of a Stablemates play set in the 00s. It came that color. I think it was a veterinarian themed set, but don't remember for sure. It seemed like the perfect recruit for the Tiny Cat Army.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 pm

Great new additions and the American Cocker and the Rough Collie are superb!!! cheers cheers cheers

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 pm

Thanks everyone!

pipsxlch wrote:
Happy Birthday Jill, glad everything got there safe and that you're happy with them. The little Breyers cat was one of my daughter's old toys (like so much of these figures), and was purchased new as part of a Stablemates play set in the 00s. It came that color. I think it was a veterinarian themed set, but don't remember for sure. It seemed like the perfect recruit for the Tiny Cat Army.
Ah, thanks so much for identifying it! I guess Identify Your Breyer doesn't always keep up with the little stablemate animals quite as well if no one sends them a picture.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 3:18 am

Congratulations on your newest family members Jill! and happy birthday as well:)
I really like the gnu and the cassowary chick and brown elephant.

I've never seen so many little ponys together Applause cheers cyclops
they look absolutely fantastic all lined up!
Are you collecting one of each colour and shape? or just collecting any and all of them?
I don't really know much about little ponys at all, except that they are very collectible.
And are those seahorse little ponys at the front? Super cute.

The hollow spaniel is a beauty, that was very kind of Kelly indeed. And the collie Jester is beautiful. So glad that you are getting all these treasured figures on your wishlist - even ones that seemed nearly impossible.
I think it may have something to do with here, where so many magical things happen amongst this nice community we have.

The Breyers cat is very nice! Britains also have a cat that is lying down, but it is stretched out. The Britains cats come in 3 styles, or maybe 4.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 4:15 am

Oh I LOVE that spaniel! You have gotten lots of beauties lately. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 2:55 am

Thank you both!

sunny wrote:

I've never seen so many little ponys together Applause cheers cyclops
they look absolutely fantastic all lined up!
Are you collecting one of each colour and shape? or just collecting any and all of them?
Technically, I am collecting all of them from this generation (or at least complete sets), but in reality, I collect the ones I can find and afford. Some of them I do not expect to ever own. They are as expensive as Breyers these days in many cases (some of them demand triple figures), and it can be harder to find them in nice condition due to their nylon hair. It was really kind of Kelly to give me first dibs on her old G1s!

Quote :
I don't really know much about little ponys at all, except that they are very collectible.
And are those seahorse little ponys at the front? Super cute.
They sure are! "Seaponies" as you would imagine. :)

Quote :
The hollow spaniel is a beauty, that was very kind of Kelly indeed. And the collie Jester is beautiful. So glad that you are getting all these treasured figures on your wishlist - even ones that seemed nearly impossible.
I think it may have something to do with here, where so many magical things happen amongst this nice community we have.
It truly is thanks to kindness here that I have found some real grails! I love you

Quote :
The Breyers cat is very nice! Britains also have a cat that is lying down, but it is stretched out. The Britains cats come in 3 styles, or maybe 4.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I do love a tiny cat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next