Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bearded dragon material

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

Bearded dragon material Empty
PostSubject: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material EmptyTue May 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi all.

Can anyone with a Collecta Bearded dragon tell me what type of material their's is made out of?

I had trouble finding a collecta Bearded dragon in stock in the UK so I ordered one through ebay from Korea! Cool

It turned up today and the material is very soft and flexible, more like rubber than a harder plastic. The moulding shows strong definition of the branding on the belly. I own collecta thorny dragon and the material is much harder and less flexible.

Is this like all of the bearded dragons or possibly made for the Korean Market or possibly even a fake?

Thanks.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material EmptyTue May 11, 2021 6:09 pm

sounds like you got a bootleg/knockoff. CollectA figures tend to be very firm and solid.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material EmptyFri May 14, 2021 4:27 am

Don`t worry Steve, the model you got is the original Collecta Bearded dragon.
Mine is the same.
Maybe they used the softer material for this model, because of the delicate , small parts , like the spikes, to be not very easily breakable.
I like this model a lot. Congratulations for having it :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:08 am

Yes, I've seen, a few years ago in a local shop the CollectA bearded dragon and I remember it as being softer than regular CollectA. There are also a few dinosaurs with a similar material, especially those with spiky parts.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material EmptyFri May 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Oh that's interesting. Their insects are very solid.
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material EmptySat May 15, 2021 11:28 am

Thank you all for your answers. It is a very nice sculpt and another that looks alive. I always like getting a model that looks like it has life in it.

A few days ago I made an order with an online collecta retailer I have used many times before, at this point they had the bearded dragon back in stock (I didn't expect it) so I thought I'd buy another while I was there.

Yes, it is identical so my daughter now has a bearded dragon too 😎.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon material   Bearded dragon material Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearded dragon material
Page 1 of 1