Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)

Go down 
+14
ken yeo
Rio
Ana
bojan
dlfrogman
schleich61
zoomaster1994
Roger
widukind
Gabe
HKHollinstone
Arnaud
Vivien
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) Empty
PostSubject: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:27 pm

At last my new Schleich arrived Very Happy
As always, some are nice, some are...hmmmm, and some I love at first sight !
The nest with eagle-chicks belong to the first, but we have already seen them Wink

So let me start with one that I certainly have to get used to..the stork .
Here he is with his older friends. Perhaps he is more accurate, but I think he is not quite as charming scratch
Well, I will probably get used to him
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What may take a LONG time to get used to, is the way he is made, - light, thin material, almost like the cheapest ones from the supermarket Crying or Very sad

The little white hedgehog is SO cute I love you

The species is quite common many places in Africa, strange that there are not mlore models of this lovely little critter Very Happy
Hmmm, - but the plant, - isn`t is a South American Aloe ? scratch

Here he is with his new friends

Now I had the elder Hoggie in my hand, I just HAD to make a picture of these Embarassed Rolling Eyes Wink

Here the little, new ... hmm, ti is called a "Bartagame" in German. Is it a bearded lizzard in English ? Shocked

It is SO long time since Schleich made a reptile, here he is with the good, old iguana Very Happy

And now the elefants cheers
They look horrible in the catalogue, but I fell in love with them immediately when I had them in my hand I love you drunken

The female, Indian elefant is lovely

And look at this little cutie Wink

The male African elefan looks very much like the old one, I think.
Nothing wrong with that, og course Wink

I LOVE the female I love you

Enough for now, thanks for looking Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Congratulations,Susanne! flower cheers cheers Very Happy
I really enjoyed looking at your wonderful photos with these little descriptions. Wink
It's Bearded Dragon in English because of his dragon-like looking. alien Laughing
I'm not sure if I like him,he looks very different as the one on the previous photo. Suspect I'll probably buy the CollectA one which has additionally an interesting colour. :)
Thanks for those fabulous photos,Susanne. flower queen
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Thankyou very much Vivien I love you flower

It is a joy to share pictures with people like you - and others just as kind, of course Wink

I changed the name of the dragon in the heading, so people know what I am talking about Laughing
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Congratulations Susanne !! I have seen the new elephants yesterday in a shop and they are really really nice !! And all the others too !! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:39 pm

I love the elephants! cheers I am SO so so tempted, but they're not the right scale for me No
I agree 100% about the stork, as you know Susanne Wink I love the old one next to the 2012 on the right, he looks lovely, I hope I can get him some day drunken

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks for the report, Susanne, and congrats! I also fell in love with the elephants (especially the Asian ones). Very Happy
I will not buy that cheap stork... Evil or Very Mad

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Congratulation!!! Wonderful animals, today i get also the african hedgehog and the bearded dragon (Bartagame) on my birthday from my little princess!!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Thankyou, friends cheers

Congratulations, Andreas, your little princess is always such a darling queen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Susanne, thanks for showing the figures with so nice pictures! :) I hope you also enjoy sharing them with people like me. You know I must be selective in my choices and I have a different way of seeing the figures. Of course the elephants are beautiful, even classics are and even older ones are too. There's no ugly elephants! The previous generation was getting old and almost textureless and they changed them a little, but they continue looking very toyish with huge heads and thick legs! It makes them even more cute, I know, but not my taste. elephant
I'd loved the detail about the hedgehog, I have no idea but this is funny! Laughing
I want to get the stork only because it is a stork. I don't know really why Schleich is decreasing the quality of their products once this is the strongest point of the brand! Suspect
I'm also eager to see in shops Schleich new figures as I am with other brands, and Schleich is arriving very soon! Very Happy
Congratulations! flower flower
Back to top Go down
zoomaster1994

zoomaster1994

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 pm

I thought Everyone hated the new 2012 Laughing now it seems everyone loves them once they see them in the stores, like I thought, all the new animals of 2012 seem ugly, but they are great, today I bought the New Skunk and Gorilla, and they are awsome!
Back to top Go down
http://erwindamsma1994.webs.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Great new additions, Susanne... :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 pm

zoomaster1994 wrote:
I thought Everyone hated the new 2012 Laughing now it seems everyone loves them once they see them in the stores, like I thought, all the new animals of 2012 seem ugly, but they are great, today I bought the New Skunk and Gorilla, and they are awsome!

Yes, the gorilla is stunning! I'll buy it! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Gabe wrote:
zoomaster1994 wrote:

Yes, the gorilla is stunning! I'll buy it! Very Happy

scratch I am not too sure, - they all look kind of boored Wink
But surely some nice detail Very Happy

I was quite disapointed about the skunk. I never ever saw such slobby paintwork by Schleich before Sad

Sorery about the horrible green background. That was the only way I could get details in the photoes black models. geek
Back to top Go down
zoomaster1994

zoomaster1994

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 pm

My skunk is great Very Happy Its just a little bit, but look at the collor, its good right?
Back to top Go down
http://erwindamsma1994.webs.com/
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Great photos Susanne. I am definitely getting the CollectA Bearded Dragon this one is just odd looking to me. I have had real ones and the Collecta one is very nice. The elephants are nice too. I will probably have to see them in person to make my decisions for sure.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:04 pm

zoomaster1994 wrote:
My skunk is great Very Happy Its just a little bit, but look at the collor, its good right?

Yes, he is very cute Very Happy

Is yours made in Germany ?
This one is from China, - not that they can`t make nice stuff ( Sometimes I like them best) , but the seller has never sent me anything but German made models before scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:11 pm

dlfrogman wrote:
Great photos Susanne. I am definitely getting the CollectA Bearded Dragon this one is just odd looking to me. I have had real ones and the Collecta one is very nice. The elephants are nice too. I will probably have to see them in person to make my decisions for sure.

Thanks, Rusty, - yes, you are SO right !
It is almost impossible to know what they are REALLY like from a photo .
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks again for the pictures, unfortunately the sknunk is not only terribly painted, it has very strange legs and a massive body. Schleich is able to make good things, why hasn't they painted as they did with the last badger? Evil or Very Mad
This skunk is the worst striped skunk I know! pale People ends buying all figures, they are Schleich and that's all, eyes are nice the remaining doesn't matter. And they will continue making these kind of things! I shouldn't give my honest opinions because sometimes people makes confusion between Schleich and theirselves. But that's my way. But this is a topic about your new additions and not a space to judge figures. So, congratulations again for your figures! :)
Let me know if I can help you to find a skunk decently painted! flower
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
zoomaster1994 wrote:

Yes, he is very cute Very Happy

Is yours made in Germany ?
This one is from China, - not that they can`t make nice stuff ( Sometimes I like them best) , but the seller has never sent me anything but German made models before scratch
Mine is made in Germany and he has a very good paintwork. scratch :)
It seems that there are sometimes huge differences between "made in china" and "made in Germany" figures. No
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 pm

That is the most frustrating thing about having to buy online is you don' t know what it looks like till it arrives. I have no problem sending stuff back if I am not happy with it though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:59 pm

dlfrogman wrote:
That is the most frustrating thing about having to buy online is you don' t know what it looks like till it arrives. I have no problem sending stuff back if I am not happy with it though Rolling Eyes

I might do that, or at least complain...the cost of sending it back would be the same as buying two new ones Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
dlfrogman wrote:

I might do that, or at least complain...the cost of sending it back would be the same as buying two new ones Mad Laughing

Well sometimes even just sending a photo will convince them to send a new one and they usually let you keep the old one. That is what happened with my Safari Badger I just got Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Mine are all made in China (the first year that all Schleich figurines I purchased are Made in China Shocked ), and frankly they don't look bad at all.

Still can't get that bearded dragon here Shocked

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 pm

I absolutely need the gorilla family since I have the retired baby gorilla all alone !! He needs a family, don't you agree ?

And I have only ordered online once because I was disappointed when I received my figurines. Now, I choose the best ones directly in shops.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Arnaud wrote:

And I have only ordered online once because I was disappointed when I received my figurines. Now, I choose the best ones directly in shops.

Ohh, I wished I could do that Shocked

Look, these I just packed out of the plastic bags from the factury Mad

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Suspect Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)   Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Elefants, bearded dragon, hedgehog and stork :-)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next