Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yowies Blast From the Past Series

Go down 
+2
Bonnie
Night Elf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

Yowies Blast From the Past Series Empty
PostSubject: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptySat May 29, 2021 9:11 pm

I have been a little out of the loop lately, but if it hasn't been mentioned, Yowie's latest series is called Blast From the Past. No new figures, but it's a great opportunity to get some from the older series if anyone missed out:

https://yowieworld.com/blast-from-the-past/

Yowies Blast From the Past Series Blast-from-the-past02

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptySat May 29, 2021 9:51 pm

This is so interesting, definitely the perfect opportunity for collectors to catch up! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:04 am

Oh darn! I saw the name and thought it might be a prehistoric series.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptySun May 30, 2021 1:15 pm

halichoeres wrote:
Oh darn! I saw the name and thought it might be a prehistoric series.

The same here

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptySun May 30, 2021 4:43 pm

Personally, since I buy my US Yowies pre-owned from eBay or collectors instead of new, I really don’t feel that a reissue series is necessary. The only figure on my wishlist that I never found and cannot find at all is the Burmese star tortoise (and since the four retired series (three in Australia with a combined 3 and 4 with several figures omitted) would possibly need to be condensed into a normal series, it may not even make the cut at all). Since Yowie releases new series only about yearly (even though this series may be produced for a shorter time than the normal ones), it otherwise appears to be a waste of a series. Of course, if “limited edition” means only a few months, that could allow the next proper series to be released sooner.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptySun May 30, 2021 5:56 pm

I would’ve preferred a bird series featuring the following figures:
Acorn Woodpecker
Common Myna or European Starling
Golden Pheasant or Edward’s Pheasant or Lady Amherst’s Pheasant or Gunnison Sage-Grouse
Hawaiian Crow
Hoatzin
Indian Peafowl
Kakapo
Kea or New Zealand Kaka
Kirtland’s Warbler or Golden-cheeked Warbler or Cerulean Warbler
Mandarin Duck or King Eider
Parrot (any species)
Piping Plover or Chinese Crested Tern or Giant Ibis
Rhinoceros Hornbill or Sulu Hornbill
Somali Ostrich or Common Ostrich
Southern Brown Kiwi
Toucan (any species)
Vulture (any species)
Whooping Crane
Back to top Go down
moreta

moreta

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Hello, just checking in from Australia! We've got Blast from the past right now. It's mostly Premier series, same animals in different capsules and with different papers. Also Ranger series, in different capsules but with the same papers. And includes the limited edition Yowie Glow in the Dark men. Filling in the gap until the next series, which will be called Animals with Superpowers :-)
Back to top Go down
moreta

moreta

PostSubject: BFTP   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Birdsage wrote:
Personally, since I buy my US Yowies pre-owned from eBay or collectors instead of new, I really don’t feel that a reissue series is necessary. The only figure on my wishlist that I never found and cannot find at all is the Burmese star tortoise (and since the four retired series (three in Australia with a combined 3 and 4 with several figures omitted) would possibly need to be condensed into a normal series, it may not even make the cut at all). Since Yowie releases new series only about yearly (even though this series may be produced for a shorter time than the normal ones), it otherwise appears to be a waste of a series. Of course, if “limited edition” means only a few months, that could allow the next proper series to be released sooner.
zoy eo;;

That's what it will be, limited by time. Only around for a short while until series 7 arrives. I think it's due in the US around August? And in Australia a bit later. I'll double check that date though.
Back to top Go down
moreta

moreta

PostSubject: Hello Night Elf!   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Night Elf wrote:
I have been a little out of the loop lately, but if it hasn't been mentioned, Yowie's latest series is called Blast From the Past. No new figures, but it's a great opportunity to get some from the older series if anyone missed out:

https://yowieworld.com/blast-from-the-past/

Yowies Blast From the Past Series Blast-from-the-past02

Hi Jessica, remember me? We traded a lot! But I had lost your contact details so I thought I'd say hello here! Good to see you still keeping up with the Yowie world. It's been quite confusing lately. I've got a picture of the new release box, but I'm not sure how to put pictures on here. Last time I tried that I had to use some sort of host site and get a URL. But I can email it to you :-)
Chris
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Animals with Superpowers?! That sounds like it could contain one of the Sulidae (gannets and boobies) that are known for diving from incredible heights into the ocean. Or possibly one of the swifts, which are known for flying absolutely nonstop for months, or one of the many mimicking species of birds. If the company can produce a Horned Guan and a Blue-winged Goose, a Northern Gannet, Common Swift, and Common Mynah or Gray Parrot are more than feasible. Good thing that this reissue series is just an extraneous one, and a real series is coming up as usual.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Superpowers could be fun. My favorite animal superpower is the Iberian newt punching its own ribs through its skin to envenomate would-be predators.

Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

I think that’s incredible too!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 5:57 pm

So i will wait for the next serie

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yowies Blast From the Past Series   Yowies Blast From the Past Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Yowies Blast From the Past Series
Page 1 of 1