Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?

Go down 
+5
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Roger
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:50 pm

Isabella solved the mistery? cheers
I think it worth that you open a topic to this particular set to get things better sorted on forum.
Obviously, when you have time.
Those currrently listed on TAW are all the Toy Concept ones?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let me know and I start moving them.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 1:13 pm

All of those except Paige's Boxer are from this Toy Concept set, yes! I'll make a thread for the others soon. :) And I have shared already in this thread the actual Wild Republic ones I have that can go there instead.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Jill wrote:
All of those except Paige's Boxer are from this Toy Concept set, yes! I'll make a thread for the others soon. :) And I have shared already in this thread the actual Wild Republic ones I have that can go there instead.

OK, thanks for opening that topic. Finally I found a little patience to list the Wild Republic versions on TAW. Laughing
Would you be patient enough to check if I missed or messed anything?

Meanwhile, while reading Bonnie's post, the explanation of two different colours for each mould seems plausible. We have 6 different molds listed, if each of them has a second version, it will complete the traditional 12.
Great Danes are clearly different, I will probably open a different page for each model.
Boxers are also different, not sure if it is enough to list them separately and which colors are they called.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:13 pm

Roger wrote:

OK, thanks for opening that topic. Finally I found a little patience to list the Wild Republic versions on TAW. Laughing
I can't imagine how much time and focus it takes to sort through all these little animals!!

Quote :
Would you be patient enough to check if I missed or messed anything?
It looks great to me! Thank you! I am so glad I made them all face the same direction, I seem to have a problem with that.

Quote :
Meanwhile, while reading Bonnie's post, the explanation of two different colours for each mould seems plausible. We have 6 different molds listed, if each of them has a second version, it will complete the traditional 12.
Great Danes are clearly different, I will probably open a different page for each model.
Boxers are also different, not sure if it is enough to list them separately and which colors are they called.
Oh that could explain the standard colored German Shepherd only seen in a photo, the St. Bernard with black from the catalogue image, and the Doberman I have with a brown face. Two of each. I also saw a normal colored Schnauzer out in the world, but wasn't fast enough to buy the lot, but that would be all of them. I guess we'll see! Someday!

I think you're right, the boxers are distinctly different (I have both as it turns out) but not different enough to both be listed on the Boxer page. I agree with your choice.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 7:29 am

Jill wrote:

Oh that could explain the standard colored German Shepherd only seen in a photo, the St. Bernard with black from the catalogue image, and the Doberman I have with a brown face. Two of each. I also saw a normal colored Schnauzer out in the world, but wasn't fast enough to buy the lot, but that would be all of them. I guess we'll see! Someday!

I think you're right, the boxers are distinctly different (I have both as it turns out) but not different enough to both be listed on the Boxer page. I agree with your choice.

Thanks for checking the wiki page.With those observations I think it is getting clear that there are officially two versions for each mold. If the two boxers are the two distinct versions and not just a variation of one of them, they will need two distinct pages and both are going to be listed on Boxer page even if the differences are not huge. There aren't many Boxer colors, I guess. Is it Paige's fawn colored and yours seal coloured? I don't know anything about dog colors.
I will probably also list the other color variations if I find good names because they need to be listed or people will not be aware they exist.
Funny how you like things neatly displayed. For me it is not so important they're facing the same side even if it turns the galleries neater. More important is to get the main angle that helps identifying a figure but those dogs have no main angle so you can choose the same side for all of them. Laughing
Though, even if I enjoy the gallery salads with pictures from different collectors, I tend to use pictures with a similar layout as always as possible.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 8:21 am

Roger wrote:

Thanks for checking the wiki page.With those observations I think it is getting clear that there are officially two versions for each mold. If the two boxers are the two distinct versions and not just a variation of one of them, they will need two distinct pages and both are going to be listed on Boxer page even if the differences are not huge. There aren't many Boxer colors, I guess. Is it Paige's fawn colored and yours seal coloured? I don't know anything about dog colors.
Paige's has more white on the chest, front legs, and face, and mine only has socks. Based on some googling, I think they call Paige's "Flashy Fawn" and mine "Classic fawn"? Some of our dog-people out there might know better!

Quote :
I will probably also list the other color variations if I find good names because they need to be listed or people will not be aware they exist.
Of the current pictured ones, the Alsatian is sable, the schnauzer is black, and the St. Bernard is orange and white. If I really do have two variations of the Doberman, they are both black and tan and the only difference is that one has the tan on its face and the other does not. Do you want images of both? It is hard to tell if they are just slightly different variations of the same paint job or actual different models.

The possible variations are a black and tan Alsatian, salt and pepper Schnauzer, and a St. Bernard I am not sure about. Red and black tri-color, technically. These are based only on guesses from photos, however, and might not be real parts of the set. They are the same molds and have similar paint styles, but I don't know if that means much.

Quote :
Funny how you like things neatly displayed. For me it is not so important they're facing the same side even if it turns the galleries neater. More important is to get the main angle that helps identifying a figure but those dogs have no main angle so you can choose the same side for all of them. Laughing
Though, even if I enjoy the gallery salads with pictures from different collectors, I tend to use pictures with a similar layout as always as possible.
This is a great set for matching pictures, haha. I do take pictures with a model's "good" side but sometimes when a set is all facing the same way and it doesn't matter (like the frogs), I forget and take photos pointing in all different directions. Whoops!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 9:12 am

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

Paige's has more white on the chest, front legs, and face, and mine only has socks. Based on some googling, I think they call Paige's "Flashy Fawn" and mine "Classic fawn"? Some of our dog-people out there might know better!

Quote :
Of the current pictured ones, the Alsatian is sable, the schnauzer is black, and the St. Bernard is orange and white. If I really do have two variations of the Doberman, they are both black and tan and the only difference is that one has the tan on its face and the other does not. Do you want images of both? It is hard to tell if they are just slightly different variations of the same paint job or actual different models.

The possible variations are a black and tan Alsatian, salt and pepper Schnauzer, and a St. Bernard I am not sure about. Red and black tri-color, technically. These are based only on guesses from photos, however, and might not be real parts of the set. They are the same molds and have similar paint styles, but I don't know if that means much.

Great, I am saving this information. I opened a page to the Harlekin Great Dane which is obviously a variation and gives an incompleteness touch to the tube page what is still needed. Ambiguous variations will wait for confirmation and a link to this topic was also added.
Now that the early Horses tube is finished and the early Dog tube is getting sorted, do you think we can start with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] We have a catalogue picture of it but it is not mentioned on TAW and neither on forum.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 3:20 am

Hurray that the mystery is solved for these knock-offs! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?   Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorting Wild Republic Dog figures, who can help?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3