Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species

Go down 
+7
Jill
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
widukind
George
75senta75
11 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species Empty
PostSubject: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 1:35 am

Recently I received a special gift from a friend. A wonderful homemade diorama! An ice landscape for penguins, polar bears or even seals. It has three parts. I used it as landscape for a meeting of penguins of different species. Representatives of the brands Lineol, Elastolin Hausser composition and Hausser soft plastic, Bullyland, CollectA, Safari Ltd, SeaWorld Orlando and Yowies from the years 1940 to 2011.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by 75senta75 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:59 am

A magnificent collection of penguins, and a really lovely way to display them, they look so good all set out on their new ice!

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:26 am

A really wonderful diorama with very nice penguins

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 7:23 pm

Beautiful photos cheers cheers and with that diorama,

It seems that we are looking at real photos of Antarctica. Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:17 pm

What a beautiful diorama, it's perfect for your amazing penguin collection! cheers
I love how you have set them all up, so many different models in different poses all coming together to make a lovely Antarctic scene! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:47 pm

First that is a fabulous gift. The diorama is very realistic and alll these penguins display perfectly on it. Second, I had no idea you had so many penguins, especially vintage ones. Oh, I really love penguins. Maybe a few of these penguins, especially the banded ones find it too cold for their taste but that diversity of sizes, poses, species, materials, brands, etc., make it a very special and animated diorama scene.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:47 am

I'm so impressed to hear that's handmade! It looks quite professional. I love the pebbly little island. Beautiful penguin collection and really wonderful way to exhibit them!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 4:25 am

I am very happy to see Yvette , active here again cheers
And also , very happy to see ''Old meets young'' tradition back again, with this so beautifully done,
homemade diorama.
Your so many and wonderful penguin models, stays just perfect on it.
And your photos are really nice.
With this beautiful background and wonderful light, I can easily think, that these are real penguins on a real landscape ... And look, even of the penguins, has a real tag, like our plastic models Laughing
Thank you for making this wonderful topic dear Yvette sunny

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 1:24 am

George wrote:
A magnificent collection of penguins, and a really lovely way to display them, they look so good all set out on their new ice!

Thank you very much George. I also think they feel very comfortable there.

widukind wrote:
A really wonderful diorama with very nice penguins
Many thanks Andreas.

landrover wrote:
It seems that we are looking at real photos of Antarctica.

Thank you Fernando. It seems, penguins and diorama complement each other perfectly.

Bonnie wrote:
I love how you have set them all up, so many different models in different poses all coming together to make a lovely Antarctic scene!

Yes, although it's quite a "mixed society" of old and new brands, sizes and different species, the result is somehow  a harmonious picture overall and they all seems to have found their place.

Roger wrote:
First that is a fabulous gift. The diorama is very realistic and alll these penguins display perfectly on it. Second, I had no idea you had so many penguins, especially vintage ones. Oh, I really love penguins.

Thank you Roger, penguins have a special place in my collection and also belongs to my favourite figures.

Yes, this is an incredibly beautiful gift. I am really speechless and would never have expected this.
My collector friend is a real toy maker by profession.  
He makes small and large dioramas, but also entire zoo enclosures and farmhouses. Everything is very detailed. Meanwhile I have some of his dioramas in my collection. Especially the very small models are very useful for the showcases and fine for very small figures like Starlux, Reisler, Hausser, Britains and also for the very small animal figures by Pfeiffer and Elastolin composition miniature series.

Jill wrote:
I'm so impressed to hear that's handmade! It looks quite professional. I love the pebbly little island. Beautiful penguin collection and really wonderful way to exhibit them!

Thank you. As a professional toy maker he has really combined his profession with his hobby.

costicuba wrote:

And also , very happy to see ''Old meets young'' tradition back again, with this so beautifully done,
homemade diorama... With this beautiful background and wonderful light, I can easily think, that these are real penguins on a real landscape ... And look, even of the penguins, has a real tag, like our plastic models

Many thanks Kosta, I took the photos outside on the balcony because the light was very suitable and strongly reflected by the white colours of the dioarama.
For the diorama, different shades of white transparent lacquers were used alternately, but also different types of paint from completely transparent to slightly yellowish and bluish. This is how this icy effect was created.

Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:12 am

A wonderful topic, I'm glad STS' Penguin mood helped me to find it. It is a very nice display and a very good way to share your excellent Penguins collection with us. Thank you so much Yvette cheers
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:52 pm

May I ask the brand of the gull stealing the egg? What an interesting and lovely figure! Your collection of penguins is truly impressive :)

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:47 am

just amazing !! I love all the photos, and especially the one with the seagull in the background and the elephant seal in the corner, such a magnificent diorama and a true piece of artwork [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 11:34 am

endogenylove wrote:
May I ask the brand of the gull stealing the egg? What an interesting and lovely figure! Your collection of penguins is truly impressive :)

Pfeiffer or Hausser ( Hausser bought the Pfeiffer company in the 50's)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species   Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species Empty

Back to top Go down

Old meets young - Special meeting of different penguin species
Page 1 of 1