Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA Empty
PostSubject: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyMon May 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Now here is one more meeting.
The rare Babirusa by Hausser Elastolin (Hirscheber) around 1920 and the much younger CollectA Sulawesi Babirusa released in 2015.
Although a great difference in age, they fit well together in the evening sun. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyTue May 09, 2017 3:23 am

That is very very interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyTue May 09, 2017 4:00 am

OH, Yvette! You now own the Elastolin babirusa? Fantastic! It is the oldest figure of a babirusa we know, I guess. I love it so much and I am so happy you have it. It is also a good idea to show it with the modern CollectA that I love too and I have in my collection. Laughing There is also the Starlux and I think not many babirusas were made meanwhile. I think the only circunstance we have seen the Elastolin babirusa was from Sue and Lesley collection. pig pig
I think soon, we have to start entering your composition figures on TAI, especially these you are sure about their correct identification. Your collection is turning legendary! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyTue May 09, 2017 5:50 am

Two wonderful, beautyful models together cheers

Here we see how great those old brands were Very Happy
The old Barbirusa is beautyfully sculptured, - and such a wonderful choice of species!

Good we have CollectA now, - and Southern comming up fast from the rear. !!!! bounce

I enjoy your comparison topics very much. Thankyou, dear friend sunny

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks Roger and Susanne! The Elastolin babirusa lives since many years in my collection.
You could be right Roger. I also don´t know an older one. By the way, I really miss the interesting contributions about compostions animals from Sue and Lesley.
It would be very nice, if old composition figures would start at TAI!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyTue May 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Phantastic animal. Applause Applause Applause

Other babirusas appear ferocious, but this one looks loving.

sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyThu May 11, 2017 6:07 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Thanks Roger and Susanne! The Elastolin babirusa lives since many years in my collection.
You could be right Roger. I also don´t know an older one. By the way, I really miss the interesting contributions about compostions animals from Sue and Lesley.
It would be very nice, if old composition figures would start at TAI!

I also miss a lot Sue and Lesley contributions on forum. I know it is not always easy for them to participate on forum.
I really, but really would love to give a big boost to composition models on TAI. I think we have achieved a good level of completion with known modern brands and now it is time to make something really useful with the best known vintage companies that worked with composition models.
I'd love to start with the IV generation from Lineol, we have a good basis with more than 50 pictures but, to make anything plausible, I need, beside the pictures, also a good basis of knowledge and I don't have it. Two simple examples that I ignore. When we talk about Lineol generations, do the range is different from generation to generation or some figures crossed more than one generation? Another doubt is that I find on TAI, some figures, with product numbers from what we can see on 1958 catalogue posted on forum. Why it happens? Have numbering changed through the years, is it idfferent from Germany catalogues to other countries catalogues or what am I missing?
It is off topic, I know, we are under an Elastolin/CollectA topic and Lineol never released a babirusa. pig

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:12 am

Starlux have a babirussa too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyFri May 12, 2017 2:30 am

Roger wrote:
I really, but really would love to give a big boost to composition models on TAI. I think we have achieved a good level of completion with known modern brands and now it is time to make something really useful with the best known vintage companies that worked with composition models. ....

You are right, - but it is difficult to find information.

I can help a bit with Elastolin, because I have Ulrich Raue's collector's catalogue, but still, there are so many copies, and we want to get it right Rolling Eyes

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyFri May 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Roger and Susanne, you're right. The classification is really not easy. Also the exact classification within a generation by Lineol. There are also a lot of discussions between the experts in the magazines.
It is, however, fantastic and of great value that Susanne has bought Mr.Raue's collector's catalogue.
I don´t own this great catalogue since now, because he is very expensise although he is worth it without doubt. Mr.Raue really belongs to the greatest experts in Germany in this field. I could contact him and also another German expert and ask for advice. Maybe they give us some useful hints for the TAI project. What do you both mean? Perhaps Sue and Lesley have some older catalogues by composition brands.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyFri May 12, 2017 6:21 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Roger and Susanne, you're right. The classification is really not easy. Also the exact classification within a generation by Lineol. There are also a lot of discussions between the experts in the magazines.
It is, however, fantastic and of great value that Susanne has bought Mr.Raue's collector's catalogue.
I don´t own this great catalogue since now, because he is very expensise although he is worth it without doubt. Mr.Raue really belongs to the greatest experts in Germany in this field. I could contact him and also another German expert and ask for advice. Maybe they give us some useful hints for the TAI project. What do you both mean? Perhaps Sue and Lesley have some older catalogues by composition brands.

I think it could be a good idea but first there is still a lot of work to do. I believe the basis on TAI is still very poor and demotivating to these experts in this matter.
Maybe I can try to do something really plausible, also asking for more pictures but surely it needs to be done in parts. I'd love to start witht he best known series, the IV generation from Lineol but, splitting it in groups could work better. Something like Wildlife, Forest, Polar and Farm, for example. Maybe some more groups but not as many as figurenmuseun does. I just entered my stag howling and it may be a good way, to start trying to complete the Forest animals of IV generation, I know we all together have almost them all. Idea
There's still the number problem, some already entered ahve different numers from those of 1958 catalogue. Should we use a different way to name these figures? F.i. Lineol IV generation Zebra instead of using their numbers? Idea

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:16 pm

I agree with you, the 4. generation of Lineol is also easier to identify.

Roger wrote:
There's still the number problem, some already entered ahve different numers from those of 1958 catalogue. Should we use a different way to name these figures? F.i. Lineol IV generation Zebra instead of using their numbers?
I think, it´s all right using the designation: "Lineol of 4. Generation".

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptySat May 13, 2017 2:44 am

Roger wrote:
75senta75 wrote:

I think it could be a good idea but first there is still a lot of work to do. I believe the basis on TAI is still very poor and demotivating to these experts in this matter.
Maybe I can try to do something really plausible, also asking for more pictures but surely it needs to be done in parts. I'd love to start witht he best known series, the IV generation from Lineol but, splitting it in groups could work better. Something like Wildlife, Forest, Polar and Farm, for example. Maybe some more groups but not as many as figurenmuseun does. I just entered my stag howling and it may be a good way, to start trying to complete the Forest animals of IV generation, I know we all together have almost them all. Idea
There's still the number problem, some already entered ahve different numers from those of 1958 catalogue. Should we use a different way to name these figures? F.i. Lineol IV generation Zebra instead of using their numbers?  Idea

What are your questions? I will meet my local collector friends and the have a few catalogues and a lot of Lineol. Because they started with that brand.

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptySat May 13, 2017 6:29 am

Andreas wrote:
What are your questions? I will meet my local collector friends and the have a few catalogues and a lot of Lineol. Because they started with that brand.

Andreas, yes please ask your collectors friend if he can help us with a view catalogues.  bounce

Andreas, das wäre mit Sicherheit eine große Hilfe. Es ist wirklich nicht immer einfach, die Figuren auf einen bestimmten Entstehungszeitraum von wenigen Jahren zuzuordnen.
Auf alle Fälle würde es sehr helfen, wenn Dein Freund einige Kataloge zur Verfügung stellen könnte.
Gerne würde ich ihm überzählige Kataloge, Handzettel oder auch einfache Verkaufsübersichten im Original abkaufen. Falls er uns unterstützen möchte und sich aber nicht von den originalen Unterlagen trennen möchte, würde ich ihm natürlich auch gute Kopien vom Drucker abkaufen. Hauptsache, die Tiere und die Beschreibungen sind gut lesbar. Meinst Du, das wäre möglich  ? bounce

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptySat May 13, 2017 6:48 am

Very well, I see there are a lot of converging beams of energy, so I think it is time to do anything relevant on TAI concerning composition animal figures. We can even make reference to these documents if we find a way to access them. I'll then start with Lineol 4th generation and split them in small groups. Later I'll open a topic asking for pictures. After it, I will try to contact some experient members in this matter like Sue & Lesley, Christophe, maybe Willy, etc. I won't change their numbers for now, as soon as I find a viable source, I change what is needed. Very Happy

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptySat May 13, 2017 7:12 am

That would be a very good concept Roger! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA EmptySat May 13, 2017 7:26 am

75senta75 wrote:
Andreas wrote:

Andreas, yes please ask your collectors friend if he can help us with a view catalogues.  bounce

Andreas, das wäre mit Sicherheit eine große Hilfe. Es ist wirklich nicht immer einfach, die Figuren auf einen bestimmten Entstehungszeitraum von wenigen Jahren zuzuordnen.
Auf alle Fälle würde es sehr helfen, wenn Dein Freund einige Kataloge zur Verfügung stellen könnte.
Gerne würde ich ihm überzählige Kataloge, Handzettel oder auch einfache Verkaufsübersichten im Original abkaufen. Falls er uns unterstützen möchte und sich aber nicht von den originalen Unterlagen trennen möchte, würde ich ihm natürlich auch gute Kopien vom Drucker abkaufen. Hauptsache, die Tiere und die Beschreibungen sind gut lesbar. Meinst Du, das wäre möglich  ? bounce

I will ask.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA   Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA Empty

Back to top Go down

Old meets young - Babirusa by Elastolin meets friend by CollectA
Page 1 of 1