Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?

Go down 
+2
pipsxlch
Jill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  Empty
PostSubject: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 1:42 am

With my last Amazon order, I had some extra points, so I threw in a little package of plastic cats as my freebie (tiny cats!). As to be expected, they are unbranded China cats, but the packaging is from Cool Novelty Products, Inc. which has a website, coolnoveltyproducts.com. There it says they are the distributor for several companies, but of course doesn't list the companies. It has a way to search for the item if you have its SKU#, which I do, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work (likely I don't have the right software installed . . .). Anyway, I was just curious if we actually knew anything about this distributor or not.

Here are the cats in questions, an exquisitely goofy bunch. The last one doesn't even look like a cat to me, more like a heretofore unknown nocturnal batweasel. It's my favorite.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 am

Shocked affraid OMG it's a nightmare creature... a vampire batcat! Too funny!
The sitting up Persian(?) is actually kind of cute.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:30 am

Not the best figures but in my opinion always interesting stuff.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:05 pm

That's interesting, I had never heard of this distributer before! Very Happy
What a wonderful, funny and sweet collection of cats, with some cute poses too! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:13 pm

I adore BatCat too! Great new models, they are so unique. cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:32 pm

Cool Novelty Products, Inc as you tell is just a distributor. I am surprised the Amazon sale page hasn't provided the brand. I can find a few cat sets and they are almost branded, not in the title but in the description of the product. I can also check the SKU information for you if you wish but I think they only provide the safety information in a pdf file. Unlikely we will find who manufactured these cats but we never know. They are cool and they match your love for mini figures.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:07 am

Amazon says manufactured by Fun Central. I hadn't thought to look at the listing, of course. Laughing Oops! Not that I know anything about Fun Central, either.

Regardless, they're fun! I am sad, though, because the pictures show a sphinx (maybe?) cat, which was the main reason I decided to get the set. But the sphinx was replaced by the black and white in the actual product. Sad Still, at least I have Batcat.

That said, if anyone has this cat, I am looking for it, ha! (EDIT: nevermind, I found it Wink)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree, the little persian is pretty cute!

Last edited by Jill on Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:15 am

FunCentral, 2 inches cats, 24 styles. It is a pity you haven't gotten the Sphinx but the batcat is the star for sure. I also didn't know the company, though, this is a manufacturer of party novelties, not exactly a traditional toy company but it is not unusual to find animals among these.

Here is a link for more sets.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 3:13 pm

The "24 styles" is deceptive, you get two bags of the same 12 cats. Laughing

(Man, those unicorns in the link were high on my priority list as a kid, what a memory! They were only available that I ever saw at arcades and you had to win tickets to get them. What decadence, that I could just buy them now! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Jill wrote:
The "24 styles" is deceptive, you get two bags of the same 12 cats. Laughing

(Man, those unicorns in the link were high on my priority list as a kid, what a memory! They were only available that I ever saw at arcades and you had to win tickets to get them. What decadence, that I could just buy them now! Laughing )

Laughing It was much more exciting as it was in your childhood.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 2:06 am

That cat that turned out to have a curly coat and not wrinkly naked skin. Wink A baker's dozen tiny cats!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

Wonderful cat with very interesting texture! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 4:50 am

It's a Rex, Devon probably. Under the ugly paint it looks a decent model of one.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 9:56 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
It's a Rex, Devon probably. Under the ugly paint it looks a decent model of one.
I assume the two curly coated one are meant to be cornish and devon respectively, and it makes me wonder if the other cats are meant to have specific breeds, too. Besides nocturnal batweasel. The gray stretching one kind of has stumpy ears, like maybe it's a scottish fold, and one of the pointed ones is probably a siamese. Both the long coats have smooshy faces, so hard to guess, and then there's all those short coats! Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?    Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are Cool Novelty Products, Inc.?
Page 1 of 1