Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Oliver animal

Go down 
+6
Roger
Bonnie
Stripedhyena
rogerpgvg
Jill
landrover
10 posters
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

My first Oliver animal Empty
PostSubject: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 9:44 am

Smile  Smile
Oliver is an old  Spanish company , with many toys.

I bought this figure:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:21 pm

That's very cool, it looks almost like it's carved from wood. Very beautiful!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 1:47 pm

Good looking cow. TAW says that Oliver made animals for nativity sets, do you know whether it is from such a set?

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Oliver is a Spanish vintage brand.
They produced several Nativity figures but the most interesting is their serie of wild animal families: tigers, lions, brown bears, polar bears, water buffaloes, eagles, zebras, giraffes, leopards, black panthers, deer, hippopotamuses, elephants, rhinoceroses... Like all Spanish and Italian figures... With a lot of character!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:19 pm

This is such a beautiful and realistic model! cheers I had never heard of this brand before, I'm sure they have many other wonderful animals in their series! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:29 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
They produced several Nativity figures but the most interesting is their serie of wild animal families: tigers, lions, brown bears, polar bears, water buffaloes, eagles, zebras, giraffes, leopards, black panthers, deer, hippopotamuses, elephants, rhinoceroses... Like all Spanish and Italian figures... With a lot of character!

Very complete information study study study , thanks my friend.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:35 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:

Thanks, very interesting. Does anyone have animals from this series to show them here?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:51 pm

I have practically the whole collection but it is packed in boxes and it is not easy for me to post pictures right now.

The families were sold in a blister with a landscape painted on the bottom (something similar to the Spanish edition of Hausser Elastolin's animals of the world):

I add here one of the figures that I find most interesting, the water buffalo:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 3:06 pm

Actually it is a beautiful piece, Fernando. I am familiar with most Spanish brand names but having knowledge is a different thing. Thus, it is wonderful to have una hiena rayada among us to help us with this subject. I hope this is the tip of the iceberg and Oliver will turn more common in this board.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Really beautiful cow, congrats my friend!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 6:49 pm

This is a very beautiful cow. It reminds me a little of the Marolin/Hausser nativity figures.
I didn't know the Oliver brand until now. Thank you for the interesting informations Stripedhyena.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 2:19 am

Really nice addition of a very interesting brand. A typical example for really phantastic figures from the past.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 1:47 pm

Lovely old model and the Water Buffalo looks great as well.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 3:17 am

Great to see them in their original packaging. When were they made and what size are they? If you ever come across them in your boxes, please take some more photos, Ricardo, and hopefully we can put them on TAW.

PostSubject: Re: My first Oliver animal   My first Oliver animal Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Oliver animal
Page 1 of 1