Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals I Work With - Coyote

Go down 
+11
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Caracal
SUSANNE
sunny
Joliezac
endogenylove
pipsxlch
Roger
Bonnie
George
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 3:27 am

I'm sorry to hear of your rough week, and hope this one is an improvement.

I got this picture of Worm for you. My sister was ecstatic to hear of your Dad-snake making it to 23; we figure Worm is 9 this summer. She loves him very much, he even has her letting him be housebroken.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 am

Oh dear, it has been a hard week for your facility. Again, my condolocences for your loss. 

Worm is adorable, in that snake-y way. What a great friend to have! Thanks for sharing him Kelly.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 11:29 pm

Thank you all very much! This week has so far been much better, though we are getting close to our AZA accreditation inspection, which has really made it busy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Worm is adorable!! What a beauty! Thank you for sharing! I hope he lives for a long, long time still. He and my corn Milo are about the same age! She turns 9 in September.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 5:56 pm

Lunches have even gotten busy! But here's one handsome little face for today. Nancy the Carolina Anole (Anolis carolinensis).

Nancy was intended to be the female companion to our male anole at the time, Nolan. But when Nancy arrived, "she" was a male, and the two couldn't live together, which meant we had a separate house set up for him in the back. When Nolan eventually passed, Nancy went out on exhibit, and he lives there still, lording over his little kingdom. He is currently the only lizard in our collection.

He actually escaped once, we thought for good - how could we expect to find a lizard again? But two months later, there he was, hanging out on one of the walls - dehydrated and hungry. We caught him and brought him back up to his correct weight, and he's been quite content since then not to dash out of doors.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Another amazing zoo friend! In my life I have had 2 green anoles, Link and Luigi (at separate times, named after Nintendo characters). They are definitely fun little reptiles! Thank you for sharing him with us.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 7:50 pm

He's gorgeous, I love the patterning on his sides, and the tiny little texture details your camera's caught. Lucky lucky boy to have come safely home again!

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:32 am

I remember catching these guys when I was quite small, they were pushed out by the Anolis sagrei invasives by the time I was literate. I always really loved them. Rarely I still see one, they're much more cold hardy so if there's a hard winter they get a boost.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 11:37 am

He looks like such a fantastic anole, I love all those shades of green on his skin! Very Happy And of course his face, he looks as though he's smiling! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 am

He certainly looks to be feeling macho in the top pic!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Very cool

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 7:01 pm

A tiny update. :) I've been using my lunch for other projects, but decided to just sit and look at animal pictures today. I have several Hylidae species, but I need to get better pictures of some of them, so here's just one for now!

Pocket is our American Green Tree Frog (Dryophytes cinereus). He was an "accidental" addition to our collection, as these guys are not very common in this part of the state. He traveled all the way here on a plant that was shipped from somewhere warmer to the Biltmore House, which is a local attraction. They called us and asked if we could take this frog, because it's illegal to release animals into the wild that did not come from this region (and also just not so good for the animal!). So we gave him a home.

His name is Pocket because we do have just a few in our mountains - a small "pocket" population. Green Tree Frogs can, clearly, change color from bright or light green to brown. However, the white stripe on the face and sides makes them easy to identify.

Frog toes!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Pocket, is adorable! What a great home for the little stow away. :)

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Pocket is adorable! I love frogs and toads so much, what an interesting story!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Wonderful Hylidae, Pocket is so sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Pocket is really nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 4:25 am

Aww frog toes! Another one I used to catch as a child, but that seems to have been pushed out (more like eaten) by the Cuban tree frogs.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Lovely again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Thanks, all! He's quite a good frog!

pipsxlch wrote:
Aww frog toes! Another one I used to catch as a child, but that seems to have been pushed out (more like eaten) by the Cuban tree frogs.
A sad and all too common story these days. Also sad in its own way, we might end up with more green tree frogs here in the future as it gets warmer every year. We already have armadillos. Shocked In the mountains of North Carolina!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Hylidae part 2! The Spring Peeper (Pseudacris crucifer)!

These are our smallest chorus frogs in the region (and I think smallest frog as well). They are the first to call every February, and if you've heard them, you know them well! Individually they sound like 'peep peep peep' but in large groups they have been described as sounding like a chorus of bells. For their size, they are incredibly loud.

Our peeper's name is Frodo. He's our only one right now, as he has outlived his brothers Sam, Merry, and Pippin, but we play calls for him every spring to sing with. He weighs about 2.5 grams, to give you an idea of his tiny size!

This is one of our peepers from long ago, but he's a great example of how they got their scientific name. 'Crucifer' for the X on their backs. Every X is unique, and that's how I tell them apart when we have more than one.

Here's another one of our past peepers (Pippin) showing off his acrobat skills

And just some adorable past faces! There are actually two subspecies of Spring Peeper, Northern and Southern. Ours here or Northern, as the Southern occur in only a small part of Georgia and Florida.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Frodo is a a delightful little peeper! sunny Really interesting to read about them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 6:56 pm

Frodo is so cute! I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 6:58 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 5:30 pm

Very exciting news today! Our new young Timber Rattlesnake arrived. Our previous rattlesnake was almost 27 years old and the decision was made to euthanize as he started dramatically losing weight. He had developed spinal fusion and was in pain and had lost a great deal of mobility. We were sad to lose him, but today, the new tenant moved in.

We don't know a sex, and the estimated age is 3-4 years old. We're also still working on a name! They were a confiscation from someone without the correct permits to owning venomous snakes, and we don't know anything else about their history.

We don't know much about them yet at all, they've only been here about an hour, but I had to show 'em off! They are pretty little, only about 30 inches, so they'll be growing with us for a long time. :)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 5:43 pm

What a beauty! It's going to be a lot of fun getting to know this new arrival, and great that you've become the good home which sounds urgently needed - it must be quite upsetting for confiscated animals to go through various holding places before they get rehomed to a properly suitable and interesting habitat eventually.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Very beautieful snake

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals I Work With - Coyote   Animals I Work With - Coyote - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals I Work With - Coyote
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next