Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A tale of Purplewood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

A tale of Purplewood Empty
PostSubject: A tale of Purplewood   A tale of Purplewood EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 1:17 am

Dear Gwaine and others:

Well, as you probably know by now I do collect fantasy people: elves, fairies, centaurs, and others. So, the question is, when naming my elves and others, should I keep the original names or do something else? This question applies mainly to Bayala, but in no way is my kingdom called Bayala. I only use some of the Bayala elf names for my figures. The elves from the movie sets I have different names for too. Also in my kingdom, Queen Eyela employs Lego and Playmobil people to guard her supplies, in other words food, books, and stuff like that. Well, if anyone has any thoughts on the naming dilemma, I'd like to hear from you. Oh, and I almost forgot to say, I name my animals, dinosaurs, and fantasy creatures too. Hey, here's a thought, does anyone else tell stories and name their figures like I do? Just wondering.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A tale of Purplewood   A tale of Purplewood EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 10:12 am

I think that it's completely up to you what you name them! You could keep some names if you like them, and change others if you would prefer another name! Very Happy The beauty of it is that it's your kingdom so you can decide everything that happens within it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: A tale of Purplewood   A tale of Purplewood EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 10:44 am

I name all my model horses, and very rarely do they keep the name they were issued with - I prefer to be creative and think up something which suits the horse's breed, nationality, or colour, and my taste.

I also name the dogs, cats, and pet rabbits, because those would all get named if they belonged to real people, and even my zebras and przewalski's horses as I imagine mine as being tame ones in a zoo collection, not wild examples.

The only creatures I don't name are the few other wildlife models I've got, and the ones I've bought/made to use as miniature taxidermy for my doll's-house-scale rooms. They don't need names if they're out in the wild, or pretending to be dead! Laughing

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Okay, here's a sort of peek at my kingdom   A tale of Purplewood EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, here is a sort of peek at how my kingdom works. First: The animals all live in boxes, which function like apartment buildings. For example, all my prehistoric things live in one box, all the birds live in another, and so on and so on. It's different for my people, though. They all live together in one castle, with the royalty living on the first floor, and everybody else living on the second. The third floor is mostly reserved for guests. Sometimes, the animals from one box go and visit the animals from another box. Either way, the animals act more like people than animals. And basically that's how my kingdom works. When naming my animals, I name them based on poses and type of animal. For instance, I have a Schleich fox whose name is Dill, as in the seasoning. She's married to another Schleich fox whose name is Basil. Anyway, you get the idea right? So that's how my kingdom works. Usually, in all the stories I tell, there's an ostrich who shows up, time and again. He has a wife and five kids, or chicks, I guess you would call them, and his name is Sebastian. Yeah, he always ends up being the star of each story I tell. So really, he's almost the mayor of my town, as far as my animals are concerned. Because even though my animals live in apartment buildings, the set up is more like a town than anything else. See? It works, right? Anyway, that's the story of my kingdom.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Purplewood's Flag   A tale of Purplewood EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 6:41 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, considering that I now have quite a kingdom of people and animals, I think Purplewood needs a flag, or banner. Here's a description of what I'm picturing:

The banner itself is a rectangle in shape, with half being some sort of shade of pink, and the other half being blue. Painted over the two halves is a sort of sideweaays treble cleff, with a crescent moon dangling from one end of it.

And basically that is the flag of Purplewood. So now, what I want to know is: who likes this idea? Do you think it's worth doing? Anyway, let me know what all you think.

Aschuck

P.S. Next month, some more people are joining my kingdom, namely the Schleich ice giant, lava smasher, and the elves from the elf cafe set.

P.P.S. Next year, I'm planning on getting the jungle ruler for my kingdom.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A tale of Purplewood   A tale of Purplewood EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 9:49 am

Your flag sounds wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Happy Hen News, and what it means for my kingdom   A tale of Purplewood EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 6:44 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, so, this week, I'm planning on placing an order with Happy Hen Toys, and one of the things I'm getting is the fire bull for my fantasy collection. Who knows at this point what else I'll get. Anyway, just wanted to let all you fantasy fans know that's what I'm doing. Also, my kingdom is going great as of right now. I only wish I could get more people for it. Oh well, maybe later I guess. I'm really excited to see the lava smasher and ice giant. That's going to be so cool. Also, does anyone else have a kingdom like mine? Do your kingdoms have flags like mine will? Just wondering. Anyway, we'll see what all I get, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm really excited for this next order I'm placing.

Aschuck

P.S. I'm also doing an ebay order tomorrow. Also, Purplewood's flag hasn't been made yet. I'm still designing it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tale of Purplewood   A tale of Purplewood Empty

Back to top Go down

A tale of Purplewood
Page 1 of 1