Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!

Go down 
+16
thebritfarmer
costicuba
Ana
A-J
Caracal
landrover
widukind
Roger
lucky luke
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
George
spacelab
Bonnie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:19 pm

OMG, what I missed here ... affraid
This is the most beautiful Husky model ever ! cheers Applause Applause Applause Applause
So Bonnie, you also have a veeeery tallented sister, wow.
With her very good sculpting skills and your wonderful painting, together you`ve made this really wonderful model.
I am really impressed !
Well done Applause

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Thank you so much Kosta! flower And it's so nice to see you back again! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 pm

Time to update this topic now I'm back! Very Happy Finally, finally I have finished my exams- 5 weeks of 27 exams, totalling 36.5 hours or in other words 2190 minutes! Shocked And the result of 2 years revising and 16 years working up to this point What a Face! But I'm glad to have finished and to now have more time here and for sculpting Very Happy! I hope that there is nothing dog related I have missed- I've been trying to follow along where I can but I may have missed something! And also I am really aware that I have a few trades at the moment which I need to sort out now that exams are over, I am so sorry for such a delay but I'll going to really try and get sorted with it all now! I'll send everyone a message in due course to work out what needs to be organised with each trade! sunny
Anyway, here is my latest sculpture, one of Pebble herself and you can find out more about her on my website. I love you It's the first time I've sculpted her since losing her and it was awfully sad looking back at all the old photos, but this is a little tribute to her and the wonderful dog she was. The only photos I could work on were quite blurry/ different angles to what I needed but I had to work with what I had and it was a fun challenge to try and capture the slightly wavy/ curly coat she had for a golden retriever! First time I have done a jumping pose too Very Happy! I haven't yet painted it as I put it forward for my art exam and so won't actually get the model back until September but thought I would show photos here of it now! Very Happy
It's so nice to be back on STS too! sunny
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Such an energetic, life-like pose, it's fantastic! The details in the hair are incredible and very realistic. One exam you'll get a very high mark for, I can't imagine that it could be done better!

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:31 pm

Wow that is excellent!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:56 pm

Oh Bonnie! She is stunning! And I am SO glad to see you back! I cannot imagine all that time and hard work for your exams...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 1:18 am

@Bonnie, it is a big joy to see you again in full power on forum. Very Happy
You've been busy with your studies and it is impressive the amount of work a student is submited.
Fantastic your tribute to Pebble. That's a very challenging pose and you mastered it! :cheerrs: flower

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 3:51 am

your sculpture of Pebble looks amazing! I really like the flowing motion of your dog, so full of life and energy!
I wish you the best for your exam results! (that's a lot of exams by the way!)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 9:52 am

That IS an awful lot of exams Shocked I did 9 subjects and most of them were a single exam, I think the only ones which had multiples were French (one spoken, one written) and Science (split into one for each discipline; Chemistry Biology and Physics).
I'm sure you'll do brilliantly, though, you're obviously a very dedicated student who's taken the whole thing very very seriously, and put in more work than I've ever heard anyone do before!

Exam year was a strange one for me, I had a nearly fatal crash with a horse in the January so didn't do a single moment of revising, cos I was too busy recovering and getting walking again.
Then we were told that they'd post the results to us at home if we didn't go in and collect them on the day, but they never sent mine and of course the school was shut for the summer holidays, so I had to wait til it reopened in September to go in and ask if they'd still got them Laughing

Glad to see your return to being active on the forum, and what a fantastic piece to come back with - the pose is so much fun (I'm imagining her leaping out over water to follow a ball!) and the flow of the hair swept back in the wind is perfect!

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 9:58 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 10:51 am

Thank you so much everyone! It's so nice to be back and to see familiar faces again! Very Happy I'll thank you all individually as you're all just so kind!
@rogerpgvg Thank you so much! Very Happy I really hope so, the art teachers here didn't seem very positive about anyone but we believe that was a tactic by them to make us work harder- I'm hoping the examiners don't think in the same way!
@thebritfarmer Thank you Very Happy!
@Saarlooswolfhound Thank you so much, so nice to see you again too and I'll really try and get sorted with our trade now! Very Happy It was an awful lot, dragged on so long too this year because of covid pale
@Roger Ahh Roger, thank you!! Nice to see you again too! Very Happy I agree, exams at this age seem to require just as much work as the later, more important ones these days! And I'm glad you like the pose!
@sunny Thank you for the lovely comment and the luck! I'm hoping there aren't any nasty surprises with the results! sunny
@George That's very interesting! I agree with you in that it does seem an awful lot these days, GCSEs seem to be growing slightly out of proportion when really the most work should be for A levels and beyond! And there are now 4 exams for French (Speaking, reading, writing and listening), 6 for science (2 for biology, chemistry and physics) and multiple exams for every other subject! It does seem slightly excessive and with a new grading system too even harder to do well but I probably did make it harder for myself doing 12 and do slightly regret that now as 9 is the recommended amount usually! I guess only the results will tell when they arrive- and wow what an eventful year you had with exams! That crash sounds awful, thank goodness you were ok, recovery would certainly have been more important than revising! Thank you so much too, and I agree, it really does look as though she is leaping after a ball! Very Happy
@lucky luke Thank you, Luke! sunny
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 6:31 pm

I admit I did glance across to check your age when I was reading about the exams, wondering if I was misremembering and you were talking of A-levels rather than GCSEs! Laughing We only had the option of 9 with no extras, but it wasn't a very good school so I'm not surprised they didn't allow for anyone wanting to achieve more!
And the funny thing is, I've never ever used the results since. I was already accepted for the college course I wanted based on my estimated grades, and I've had four jobs, none of them where anybody even asked what exam results I'd got. I can't even remember them all myself, and I've long lost the bits of paper they came with Laughing I suppose the moral here is that while education is a good thing, it doesn't have to affect your life badly if other things get in the way!

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 6:58 pm

It must feel so nice to be done with all your exams! I graduated from my college last month and now I’m transferring to a different one. All the exams and paperwork is truly a nightmare sometimes…

So glad to see you back, Pebble looks truly stunning!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 8:39 pm

First of all, congrats on finishing that overwhelming amount of work! I can imagine how exhausting that must have been. Well done and I hope you're enjoying some well earned relaxation time.

And secondly, you and your sister are both such incredible artists. These sculptures and the paint work are phenomenal! I hope you pursue this passion for many years, you will be really have mastered this skill. Pebble is gorgeous. The coat in particular captures the attention, the way you have created the ripple of movement. And such a delightful expression. Applause Incredible work!! And welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 6:14 am

Congratulations on getting the exams behind you- sounds like they really put you through the grinder!
Pebbles is wonderful- like everyone else, I'm really impressed with how you did the fur along her back. You're very talented, whatever the teachers say.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 10:49 am

@George That's the interesting thing and I think lots of people have thought the same thing for GCSEs! There has been a lot of debate about whether to cancel them altogether, I believe quite a few countries in Europe don't even have public exams at this age. But that's reassuring to know that you haven't found it to affect your life too much! Very Happy
@Joliezac Thank you so much! sunny It really is a nightmare, I can completely relate there, but definitely a relief now it's done and I'm sure you feel that too! Very Happy
@Jill Thank you so much, I'll pass that on to my sister! It's nice to have such kind comments like that when all I see is faults when I look at these two sculptures! It was an awful lot but I'm absolutely enjoying just not doing anything for once- and thank you, it's nice to see you again too! Very Happy
@pipsxlch Ahh thank you Kelly, you're too kind! sunny They do like to overwork us here with GCSEs Laughing And I'll message you shortly about our trade, I'm so sorry for such a great delay!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 5:19 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 10:57 pm

Thank you Andreas! sunny
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:52 pm

That's an awesome sculpture! So much details! I can imagine that it is sad to look back at old pictures of Pebbles, I feel the same way when I come across pictures of my previous bunnies. But you made such an awesome tribute flower flower

And it's nice to see you back cheers Exams are very stressful indeed, but that makes the time after it feel extra good. It's a good thing they end in early summer so you can stress out a bit in the sunny weather. sunny

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on the STS forum :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 12:11 pm

Thank you so much A-J, it's so wonderful to have such kind compliments coming from such talented sculptors like you! cheers I'm so sorry about your bunnies, it really is hard and photos bring back those memories that I would give anything to live just once more I love you .
Yes, completely agree, it would be even worse if exams were throughout the long cold winter! And it's a huge relief to have finished them! And thank you, it's so nice to see you again too! sunny
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 4:21 am

This is a really wonderful sculpture ! Bravo Bonnie ! Applause
You made Pebble so nicelly and it is a perfect tribute .
Really well done !
And congratulations for finnishing your exams cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 1:56 pm

Thank you so much Kosta! sunny I thought a lot about some of the tips you gave me whilst sculpting it so thank you for all your amazing artistic advice! :)
So nice to see you back again too! cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 3:48 pm

Stunning Siberian Husky!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 4:26 pm

Thank you so much Taylor!! sunny
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 3:12 am

[quote="Bonnie"]

Bonnie wrote:

With Schleich German Shepherd:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is an excellent model Bonnie!
this is my favourite photo because of it's cuteness factor sunny
Storm looks so cute here, kind of like a selfie pose - big head and small feet Very Happy Very Happy
you and your sister are both very talented! keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!   Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's Dog Sculptures- Update Pebble the Golden Retriever!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next