Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Plush Bird Collection

Go down 
+11
spacelab
lucky luke
Roger
halichoeres
_lyds__
widukind
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
George
Bonnie
SUSANNE
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Webkinz Toucan Names
Harry (male)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Ernesto (male)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Philipp (male)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Archibald (male)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Keely (female)
 10% [ 4 ]
Avira (female)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Guadalupe (female)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Silvia (female)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Maiara (female)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Caio (male)
 10% [ 4 ]
Marina (female)
My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Tainá (female)
 10% [ 4 ]
Emilien (male)
 5% [ 2 ]
Alejandro (male)
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 40

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 12:17 am

Still some time left until the poll ends.
Multiple voting is HIGHLY encouraged.
If you haven’t already, VOTE!
If you’ve already voted for only one name, you can cancel the vote and then select both your previous choice and another name or names.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Still need more votes!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:06 pm

Go Archibald go bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 pm

I'm betting on Philipp!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Please. I need more votes!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 pm

I have decided that the runner(s)-up will qualify as a potential name (or names) for the Webkinz Toucan and other stuffed birds too, in order to give every name a chance. Thus, the winning name may go to another bird, and the toucan may be named one of the second-place names.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:09 pm

Birdsage wrote:
I have decided that the runner(s)-up will qualify as a potential name (or names) for the Webkinz Toucan and other stuffed birds too, in order to give every name a chance. Thus, the winning name may go to another bird, and the toucan may be named one of the second-place names.

That's not fair, you ask our community to choose a name and then you don't give the winner name to the toucan? Obviously it is yours and that's a poll for fun but I suspect you don't like Archibald. To be fair, anytime I look at your toucan, Archibald seems to be a perfect name for it. Laughing

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 12:19 am

I would give that name to my Wild Republic Audubon Mallard. I just think that Archibald (and Harry) sound too much like stereotypical British English names. I just think that Tupi and Portuguese names are more appropriate for a South American bird.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 10:00 am

That's election rigging Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ! We want Archibald! We couldn't even vote for Tupi and it has an unoriginal alliteration. I am going to take this case to STS court Very Happy

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 10:50 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
That's election rigging Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ! We want Archibald! We couldn't even vote for Tupi and it has an unoriginal alliteration. I am going to take this case to STS court Very Happy
cheers Laughing
That is the point of a vote! Otherwise we could have just given suggestions and you could have picked your favourites! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 2:16 pm

I really think that’s what I should have done. Unfortunately, the vote has already happened.
Sorry for causing that major electoral disappointment. I promise that from now on, whenever I let the community suggest names, there won’t be a poll, and whenever I hold an poll for names, all names will be of my own choosing. Mixing the two together is a recipe for disaster.
The vote is officially closed. All names, yes, all of them, will be used for different stuffed birds. This topic will only be used to show which birds get which names.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 4:06 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

Call the Secretary of State of Georgia; maybe he can help you find more votes...
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 4:37 pm

I said NO MORE VOTING!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 5:40 pm

Birdsage wrote:
I really think that’s what I should have done. Unfortunately, the vote has already happened.
Sorry for causing that major electoral disappointment. I promise that from now on, whenever I let the community suggest names, there won’t be a poll, and whenever I hold an poll for names, all names will be of my own choosing. Mixing the two together is a recipe for disaster.
The vote is officially closed. All names, yes, all of them, will be used for different stuffed birds. This topic will only be used to show which birds get which names.
Apologies accepted. Names are very personal, and a name that one person likes may be disliked by someone else. Now I am curious what names your plush birds will get.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 7:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Toco Toucan
Tainá
Tupi name seemed appropriate for a species native to Brazil.

Mallard
Archibald
The name just seemed to fit.

Turquoise-fronted Parrot
Maiara
This Tupi name seemed appropriate for a species native to Brazil.

Killdeer
Avira

Eastern Towhee
Harry

Now for some previously named birds:
American Avocet
Alfred
Named due to his “hatched” date of January 6, the same as the date the theory of Continental Drift was proposed.

Common Loon
Brooke
Inspired by the habitat preferences of this species.

Long-billed Curlew
Prairie
Inspired by the habitat preferences of this species.

Last edited by Birdsage on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Wonderful names for all these wonderful birds! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Great names. Archibald looks very happy Very Happy. I like this one a lot too:

Alfred: Named due to his “hatched” date of January 6, the same as the date the theory of Continental Drift was proposed.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 9:26 pm

They are just so cute!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 2:54 am

Thanks, @Bowhead Whale and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 6:15 pm

I would like some name suggestions for the following plush birds (and one Ringtail):

Males:
Snowy Owl, Northern Cardinal, Common Grackle, Ringtail, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Eastern Towhee, Purple Finch, and Nelson’s Sparrow

Females:
Chipping Sparrow, Cedar Waxwing, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo, Hyacinth Macaw, Common Raven, Tufted Titmouse, and Canyon Wren

Be creative. No super-obvious names are allowed.
You may look up the names of the animals you do not know, to get a sense of what the real birds are like.
If you can’t suggest names for all of them, at least name a few and specify which animals get which names.
Once I get enough names the chosen name for each animal will be revealed here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Plush Bird Collection   My Plush Bird Collection - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Plush Bird Collection
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3