Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

T.S. toys; anyone knows them?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

T.S. toys; anyone knows them? Empty
PostSubject: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lizard bought in 1983

Collared Lizard by T.S.

T.S. mark on belly of collared lizard

Deep scales on the underside of the tails of both lizards.

Hi!
You may remember the old rubber Made in Hong Kong green lizard that I bought back in 1983 (could it be an ocellated lizard, with its ocellate-punctured type scales?). I think I told you that when I bought this lizard as a child, there were other models of lizards in the cardboard box with it, from the same line. That particular line of lizards were recognizable by a series of deep scales on the underside of their tails, a characteristics they all shared with each other. I always remembered there were a collared zizard in the line.
Well, the thing is, not long ago, I found that collared lizard on Ebay and I received it this morning. It has the very same deep scales on the underside of its tail, just like I remembered... and just like the ones on the underside of my old green lizard's tail, as you can see. Only, my old lizard is just marked "Made in Hong Kong" while the collared lizard is marked "T.S." in a big sun drawing.
Well, what is my point, exactly?
My point is that I am sure that THESE TWO LIZARDS ARE PART OF THE VERY SAME LINE, despite the diffrence in the marks; to me, this difference is caused by the fact that one of them is a knock-off while the other one is an original, like we see ROM dinosaur toys only marked "Made in Hong Kong" because they also are knock-offs of ROM, even if they are from the exact same molds (one mold being used by more than one company, I mean).

So, what do we do now? Do we create a T.S. page on TAW where we coulp bput BOTH lizards? Or do we wait until we have more informations? Maybe you may have informations about this particular line... or T.S. yourselves?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Never seen and heard before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 12:23 am

Your really good with the alternative world of toy animal figures. I can't find absolutely anything about T.S. Maybe we keep this topic until we find more information before opening a page on TAW.

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:59 am

I only know of the Walking with Dinosaurs inspired toys by that company.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Your really good with the alternative world of toy animal figures. I can't find absolutely anything about T.S. Maybe we keep this topic until we find more information before opening a page on TAW.

I am expecting a third lizard from this set, a lizard I remember very clearly was among the lizards back in 1983 (I remember it because it has the very same colors as my old ocellated lizard, but it has wrinkled skin). It has the very same scales on the underside of its tail. Only, this one is also marked "TS" and not "Made in Hong Kong". I will post its picture here when I receive it.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 pm

widukind wrote:
Never seen and heard before

My ocellated lizard can be seen in "Show Us Your Lizards" in the Show Us Yours" thread.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 1:56 am

The “collared lizard” is clearly a frilled lizard.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 8:32 pm

Birdsage wrote:
The “collared lizard” is clearly a frilled lizard.

Frilled Lizard. OK. I was not using the right word. study
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 8:38 pm

Here is the third model of that set. It is marked "T.S." just like the frilled lizard. I received it this morning. It looks like the "Ocellated" lizard with its similar colors, but it is different by its wrinkled skin and its spread out legs. It too was a lizard I saw back in 1983 and it too has deep scales on the underside of its tail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T.S. toys; anyone knows them?   T.S. toys; anyone knows them? Empty

Back to top Go down

T.S. toys; anyone knows them?
Page 1 of 1