Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+6
Roger
rogerpgvg
landrover
Bonnie
spacelab
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 6:46 pm

I like to discover "first time ever” toys, it's not that I track them down at all costs but when I come across one of these, it makes me shiver in the spine and my heart beats a little faster.

This is what happened with this Pfeiffer jackal from 1914, old as the hills but above all handsome as ever and almost like a new cent.  drunken

We can of course discuss the species represented but I lean for the Black-backed jackal and as you may noticed, it is the first jackal toy ever king

This animal was produced by the Austrian Emil Pfeiffer just before the First World War and until 1925, when the Pfeiffer company was bought by Hausser and distributed under the name Tipple-Topple. After World War II, Hausser produced a copy of this jackal under his own name, although with slightly different colours.

For now, here are some pictures of this veteran, he is very fine and kisses you all

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With CollectA grand' son

With some Pfeiffer friends

With a mole-rat

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Awesome! I love those vintage models, but I wouldn't dare trying to collect or hunt them down.
Fantastic addition for your collection.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:06 pm

Such a beauty, and how amazing that it's the first model ever of this species! cheers It's really interesting to see the way this animal and all animals change in model form over the years, but I think this Pfeiffer one is already really beautiful! sunny Lovely clear photos as always too, and such a rare mole-rat! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 pm

Wow 107 years old.......it is a treasure.

Big congrats

The photo With some Pfeiffer friends is beautiful. cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 9:32 pm

It's a fantastic model, great find!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 7:20 am

@spacelab Thank you Kostas, it is indeed a very dangerous path with so many treasures to discover, so many place on shelves to find and so many €uros to spend What a Face You are wiser than me Laughing

@Bonnie That's one of the things I like in our hobby, discovering how different cultures from different eras and places made toys. The wonderful thing about beauty is that it doesn't fade over time. Modern art has not surpassed Lascaux from this point of view and this is just as true for this old jackal. We can spend interesting hours discussing realism and precision, in the end, what really matters, what remains and moves us is the beauty. Razz

@landrover indeed Fernando, 107 years old, my shelves are honoured to host such a treasure. Thank you for the Pfeiffer family portrait. Razz I used to make "same scale" family portrait for my modern walkaround but I thought "same brand" portrait is a nice idea for vintage citizens. I agree the Pfeiffer animals are beautiful, it was obvious when I decided to put some together and make a pic. Curiously it was a discovery for me since they are not shown by brand on my display.

@rogerpgvg Thank you very much sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 3:01 pm

? Jackals are the most debatable figures in this hobby. 1914? I suspect Austria, the country of Pfeiffer, told it was a wolf but the Serbians did not agree telling it was a jackal instead and that's the start of the first World War.
Honestly, it looks like a jackal to me and if it is confirmed, you got a jackal figure with more than 100 years what is absolutely fascinating.
I love the Pfeiffer group of models, they give a lot of dignity to this historical brand.
Congratulations for finding this gem, it is really more than special. cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 3:38 pm

This jackal is at least not debatable, Pfeiffer made also a wolf in 1914 and it was a different mould. Wink

I had also Ulrich Raue confirmation before I post this topic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 6:48 pm

Wow, a another great oldie

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
This jackal is at least not debatable, Pfeiffer made also a wolf in 1914 and it was a different mould. Wink

I had also Ulrich Raue confirmation before I post this topic Very Happy

Really good to know. I enjoy the oblique eyes giving the hunting expression to the animal, Papo failed completely on it.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Distinguishing the Pfeiffer from the Elastolin from the Tipple Topple when it comes to the same mold is almost always a headache... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Distinguishing the Pfeiffer from the Elastolin from the Tipple Topple when it comes to the same mold is almost always a headache... Suspect

Well I avoided headache, I only believe Ulrich Raue statement, if someone on earth know something about composition animals, it is him.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 6:41 am

107 years old , wow , imagine that ! And look`s so nice !
You have a wonderful piece here Kiki.
I like how it`s sculpted and painted.
Beautiful and so rare !
Thank you for the great walkaraound .

Roger wrote:
? Jackals are the most debatable figures in this hobby. 1914? I suspect Austria, the country of Pfeiffer, told it was a wolf but the Serbians did not agree telling it was a jackal instead and that's the start of the first World War.

Laughing lol!
And Bulgaria taught, it look`s more like a Coyote , so they went against Serbia... geek
I honestly see more a Coyote on this model.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 12:05 pm

.. and according to me it's more surely a golden jackal because of its little ears and shorter legs. In 1914, I am not sure the black-baked one was well known at the contrary of the golden one living at the gates of Europa and even inside in the Balkanic area.. a very beautiful model anyway! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 8:04 pm

costicuba wrote:

Roger wrote:

Laughing lol!
And Bulgaria taught, it look`s more like a Coyote , so they went against Serbia... geek
I honestly see more a Coyote on this model.

Laughing Serbia was an easy excuse.
On October 11, 1915, Prime Minister Vasil Radoslavov of Bulgaria issues a statement announcing his country’s entrance into the First World War on the side of the Central Powers.
Radoslavov argued that it was not a wolf, not a jackal and coyote is just a Cuban conspiracy, it was clearly a turkey, so they decided to support the Ottoman Empire for economic reasons, since Christmas was close and it was not being easy to find a turkey for his Christmas day and he was really tired of turshia. Wink

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 3:16 am

Laughing Crazy Croger lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 11:30 am

@Caracal Well maybe, nevertheless most of the wild animal figures were zoo animals, and the German colonial empire in Africa at that time was riddled with black-backed jackals. But we are right, it is really beautiful and Pfeiffer called it a Jackal, a safe and wise decision.

@roger and @costicuba France and England decided then to fight the German countries who had the bad idea to sell jackals for the price of wolves. Later USA joined the battle, arguing they had to rescue the poor coyotes and turkeys which were American citizens Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pfeiffer 1914 Jackal walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1