Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nardi Animals in plastic

Go down 
+4
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
smallscaleworld
8 posters
AuthorMessage
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

Nardi Animals in plastic Empty
PostSubject: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 2:50 am

Date unknown, but 1970's catalogue (it's otherwise full of the 'swoppet' range).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 2:53 am

You can see they are the origins of several common Hong Kong piracies including the horses, the polar bear, the giraffe and he long, thin big cat (panther, leopard).

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 8:18 am

They are beautyful, even if perhaps not top-quality finish cheers

I think I can recognise some old Elastolin/Plaho models , but am no expert, of course Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing, this kind of catalogue is worth gold Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 9:49 am

Very very interresting Hugh, I only know Nardi for their composition animals, never knew they also made plastic stuff cheers

I recognise some of them, saw some monochromatic.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 10:46 am

Great information, I've never seen these.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 11:28 am

Thank you so much

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Great pictures!

It is true that some molds are like those of some monochromatic figures mentioned by Christophe (I would say of French manufacture).
Some figures are missing on these pages, such as the trio of flamingo, pelican and stork.
Back to top Go down
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 1:36 am

A boxed set of Nardi plastic zoo animal figures. The tree is marked Nardi. Original price sticker from Newberry's Dept Store was $1.99.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 2:07 am

$1.99 Shocked I will buy ten Laughing

It is very nice Jim, thank you for showing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 5:04 am

Thank You - this was my first success at loading photos. I will attempt to make other posts of vintage plastic animal figures to share with fellow collectors.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 11:13 am

Kikimalou wrote:
$1.99 Shocked I will buy ten Laughing

It is very nice Jim, thank you for showing. Very Happy

But no dollar, Bitcoin! lol!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 11:14 am

junglejim wrote:
Thank You - this was my first success at loading photos.  I will attempt to make other posts of vintage plastic animal figures to share with fellow collectors.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Can not await that bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Thank you for sharing this beautiful and useful box junglejim! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 3:51 pm

Here are some of the plastic Nardi, only the bears are missing I think. I also added comparison pics with monochrome animals from Feral. These are obviously copies of the Nardi but they are not exact copies, the figures are slightly thinner or smaller.
As far as I know the lioness, the elephant and the giraffe haven't been copied.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Ohhhhh Shocked drunken I love you

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:44 pm

Actually, the original complete Nardi box (edited in Italy) contains 22 pieces:

Elephant
Rhinoceros
Hippopotamus
Giraffe
Dromedary
Foreshortened fawn
Fawn in fear
Polar bear
Brown bear
Lion
Lioness
Tiger
Leopard
Black panther
Wolf
Pelican
Flamingo
Stork
Set of palm trees
Cactus 1
Cactus 2
Wooden fence
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:52 pm

It's fun that NF made fawns and no deer or doe. Thank you for the info Ricardo, do you have pics of the missing ones ?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:59 pm

Another curious thing is that the flamingo and pelican molds, at least, were also used by an unknown brand for a single-color series.
I got a pelican and two flamingos a couple of years ago and Signatus studio painted me the second copy... really difficult work because it is a miniature...

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 6:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It's fun that NF made fawns and no deer or doe. Thank you for the info Ricardo, do you have pics of the missing ones ?

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 6:08 pm

And something curious also is that, in Italy, a box was edited in a very similar format with the molds of the Chialù compo figures, but in plastic. Like the monochromatic figures that Panini published later, but in this case painted. Some of the molds were Chialù (zebra, porcupine, lion, anteater... ), others were a mix of other brands like Britains (African elephant, pelican,... )
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 6:45 pm

Great ! never heard about the Chialù and mixed box.

I ahve another request for you Very Happy Could you make some individual pictures of the models missing on TAW so we could complete the plastic series ?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 7:04 pm

Unfortunately the figures in the image are not mine, in fact, the flamingo, the pelican and the stork from this particular series are on my wish list....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nardi Animals in plastic   Nardi Animals in plastic Empty

Back to top Go down

Nardi Animals in plastic
Page 1 of 1