Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Farmlife from all brands!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

2022 Farmlife from all brands! Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 11:26 pm

Scant offerings again for farm life, but there are still a few neat models here! I will try to keep it updated as we get information.  Very Happy

CollectA-
Alpaca [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Papo-
Spanish bull (brown tricolor)

Spanish bull (black and white)

Schleich-
pig [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

piglet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lop eared rabbit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

stork [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ram [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 7:20 am

Some wonderful models here and excellent work on this topic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 8:34 am

Thanks Paige! I really am starting to like that alpaca even if I don't need one. I have Schleich and Papo that are a lot for a non farm collection but I think CollectA totally nailed it.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks Paige! I really am starting to like that alpaca even if I don't need one. I have Schleich and Papo that are a lot for a non farm collection but I think CollectA totally nailed it.

I like the alpaca too, and would consider it if I didn't already have one (I don't think it's appreciably better than the recent Papo model).

Not to be pedantic, but I know the stork is in the 'Farmlife' line, but is that because they are bred or because they often hang around farms? Not a species I generally associate with 'farmlife' (but maybe those of you that live among them know better; when I lived in the CZ, they would frequently nest on tops of houses)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 2:25 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Not to be pedantic, but I know the stork is in the 'Farmlife' line, but is that because they are bred or because they often hang around farms? Not a species I generally associate with 'farmlife' (but maybe those of you that live among them know better; when I lived in the CZ, they would frequently nest on tops of houses)

They belong to the landscape, not farm animals. During centuries, storks helped farmers to control some animals that are prejudicial to their farming. Storks eat every kind of small animal. I am from a region where storks are commonly found and venerated. I remember, when I was a kid, a family, not from my homeland, once killed a stork to eat, they were really poor and they had some children. Everyone got angry at that family and they were even menaced by locals. Not long ago, also, the priest of my homeland decided to throw stones against a stork nesting on the top of the parish church, someone filmed it with a mobile phone and the priest got into serious troubles with everyone. Also, when an abandoned industrial structure is demolished to give place to a new building, if there is a chinney with a nest, it is preserved and included into the project of the new building. There is also the legend that storks bring babies, not that we believe in it but everyone knows it and it is like believing in Santa Claus when you are a kid. they're also a sign of good luck.
All this testament to tell you that obviously they're not farm animals but they are closely related with the farm landscape and culture, at least in Europe.
Notice the Farmmania premium figures with farm animals and developped for Central Europe. You can find a stork, crow, mole, squirrel and even a spider.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 3:07 pm

I want the alpaca from CollectA.

Applause

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

They belong to the landscape, not farm animals. During centuries, storks helped farmers to control some animals that are prejudicial to their farming. Storks eat every kind of small animal. I am from a region where storks are commonly found  and venerated. I remember, when I was a kid, a family, not from my homeland, once killed a stork to eat, they were really poor and they had some children. Everyone got angry at that family and they were even menaced by locals. Not long ago, also, the priest of my homeland decided to throw stones against a stork nesting on the top of the parish church, someone filmed it with a mobile phone and the priest got into serious troubles with everyone. Also, when an abandoned industrial structure is demolished to give place to a new building, if there is a chinney with a nest, it is preserved and included into the project of the new building. There is also the legend that storks bring babies, not that we believe in it but everyone knows it and it is like believing in Santa Claus when you are a kid. they're also a sign of good luck.
All this testament to tell you that obviously they're not farm animals but they are closely related with the farm landscape and culture, at least in Europe.
Notice the Farmmania premium figures with farm animals and developped for Central Europe. You can find a stork, crow, mole, squirrel and even a spider.

So basically any animal that lives in the countryside is Farm Life Twisted Evil

No biggie, I just associated this topic with domestic animals bred on farms and similar.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 8:24 am

bmathison1972 wrote:

No biggie, I just associated this topic with domestic animals bred on farms and similar.

This topic is to help collectors of farm animals to find easily which figures were released under this subject and Schleich is releasing this stork for its Farm series. As I mentioned, traditionally some wild animals are introduced in farm animal series. You're right, it is the legacy of the railway companies with their country landscape dioramas.These topics are just informative, technically horses should be included but due their specific collecting signature and also their big number of releases, they have their own topic. Dogs and cats could also have been introduced here once we include pets but they gained their own topic because they often have their own series on brand catallogues.
If you mean the stork regarding the figure of the year contest, I believe it will compete with the Woodland animals, for that particular purpose I think this is a better option.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Farmlife from all brands!   2022 Farmlife from all brands! Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Farmlife from all brands!
Page 1 of 1