Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+8
bmathison1972
Bonnie
SUSANNE
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
Roger
Joliezac
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:26 am

Today I received my package from Everything Dinosaur, so I present the Papo 2021 megalodon Applause

I only have a handful of prehistoric marine life so I thought this year would be a good opportunity to get myself a megalodon  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then a comparison photo with Safari's Monterey Bay Aquarium great white shark. Safari's model is a bit larger and think these two look quite nice together, even if one is extinct Laughing

Then with one of my few prehistoric aquatic figures, the Safari Ichthyosaurus

Then next to the Papo whale shark. This figure is arguably small for a megalodon considering it next to my other models, but it leaves me more room on the shelf.

Then lastly the Safari kronosaurus

Then of course some photos for TAW  Very Happy

Despite being a bit smaller than I expected, I think this is a great model. The mouth is painted pretty nicely and I like the simplistic gradient grey. I also like the addition of the scars along the face and fins. I'm not a fan of articulated mouths on sea creatures which is why I opted for this model instead of CollectA's popular one, a nice model I recommend if you are looking to save some space and get a nice figure Very Happy Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:59 am

Fantastic walk around! I think this Megalodon deserved a great topic like this one.
This is a perfect choice for Papo, they love to release this kind of scary creatures. Laughing
There's an evident design effort to make it look like a muscled fighter stronger than a great white shark to avoid confusion with the latter.
I enjoy seeing its wide mouth, like he is asking for more Yowie chocolates. Laughing
About its size, it is important to notice these figures are designed to work with the prehistoric range and not exactly with other extant shark species or it would need to be much larger and more expensive.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:30 am

Interesting comparisons of nice figure. Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 3:07 am

It doesn't neceszarily scream "megalodon" over just "shark" to me but it is a great model! The little scars and nicks all over really add a persona and character to this one. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 8:16 am

Nice figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 8:39 am

Fantastic model, - a scarred giant fighter affraid

Thankyou for this great and interesting walkaround Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:01 pm

Beautiful model and walkaround, I love all the little details it has! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:10 pm

I have to admit, I am not crazy about those cracks all over the body. Makes it look as if the original sculpt cracked while drying.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 8:00 pm

I'm still not decided to add a Megalodon to my shelves, too close too Great white shape and so many wich looks nearly the same.

I can't tell the Papo is my favorite but it is a very nice toy, I would be happy to play with such a fierce animal if i was a child. Very Happy

Yopur walkaround is excellent and I hope I will see one more with two triceratops bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 8:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I'm still not decided to add a Megalodon to my shelves, too close too Great white shape and so many wich looks nearly the same.

I can't tell the Papo is my favorite but it is a very nice toy, I would be happy to play with such a fierce animal if i was a child. Very Happy

Yopur walkaround is excellent and I hope I will see one more with two triceratops bounce Wink

Thank you! I wouldn't say this model is outstanding but It is a reasonable price for a marine figure so I thought it was a good choice, I didn't need a nice expensive megalodon from another brand.

For some reason I thought there already was a walkaround for the Eofauna triceratops pair, I'd be happy to do one for them Very Happy They really are gorgeous models!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 8:12 pm

A pity it doesn't scale as enormous compared to the modern sharks, but a nice model in it's own right, I think! I like all the scratches and scars on him, maybe rather too many if you take it as one big fight he got away with, but the older he got the more healed marks he'd have accumulated, so it works as a beaten up old survivor of a shark!

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 7:10 pm

Thank you for this beautiful and useful walkaround Jolie! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Koikinguu

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 9:52 am

This figure looks more like an update to their great white rather than a megalodon. Actually, they got almost every part to a great white anatomically accurate save for the 2nd dorsal and anal fins. If this were to be used as a great white, the only close competitors in terms of accuracy are the 2013 and 2018 schleich versions and Safari's 2016, though it's caudal keel needs to be Abit more pronounced
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons   2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Papo Megalodon Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1